Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by HappyM View Post
What happens if you link the tickets and make reservations but then cant go on holiday, due to restrictions. Does this count as activating your tickets or could they still be carried over to next year?
First, you can't make "reservations" now. If you mean fastpasses, the fastpass system has been suspended and all existing fastpasses have been cancelled.

You can link tickets but this doesn't activate them. They activate on first use.

I believe Disney will let you use the value of your tickets to buy tickets for next year (see above - but not sure whether this applies to tickets bought via a third-party). Disney also seem to be saying that the 2020 tickets are valid until 30th September 2021, although on their website it says this only for tickets bought before mid-April.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Ilovedisney View Post
Sorry to jump in, dd1 is confused about this. Her and her partner have a package booked with Virgin for September. Staying off site with disney tickets booked within package. Does anyone know how this will work? I have advised her to contact Virgin, if she can get through. Obviously she doesnt want to pay balance and then end up not being to use the tickets at any wdw parks.
TIA
Are the tickets showing on MDE? Do they have the physical tickets in hand? Do they have a Will Call e-voucher from Disney? If the answer to any of these is "yes", then I believe there's nothing else they need to do other than link the tickets in MDE before 10th June 9if they haven't already done so). The tickets will then be "in the system" and valid (as it were).

If the answer is "no" and they don't have any sort of ticket yet (either actual plastic cards, Will Call voucher, or similar) then it probably means Virgin haven't purchased the tickets yet. In which case, if they want Disney tickets for this year then they need to contact Virgin and pay off the amount required to get Virgin to buy the tickets. That might mean paying off the full balance (I don't know).

This all only applies to holidays this year.

Note that it's possible that Disney may start selling tickets again after the parks have reopened in mid-July. At the moment we don't know when they will start reselling tickets so no one can guarantee anything.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:53 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
If the answer to any of these is "yes", then I believe there's nothing else they need to do other than link the tickets in MDE before 10th June 9if they haven't already done so). The tickets will then be "in the system" and valid (as it were).
It's my understanding that guests will have to reserve a slot in the parks for each day

it will not just be the case of walking up to the park's entrance
even with a valid ticket (and your answer was perfect on that part) guests will be required to reserve their place in that park for the day (and no hopping)

I may be wrong but that's what I have made of all the information we receive

ETA did not see you cleard that on the previous page, please ignore.

Edited at 05:14 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
It's my understanding that guests will have to reserve a slot in the parks for each day

it will not just be the case of walking up to the park's entrance
even with a valid ticket (and your answer was perfect on that part) guests will be required to reserve their place in that park for the day (and no hopping)

I may be wrong but that's what I have made of all the information we receive

ETA did not see you cleard that on the previous page, please ignore.
Yeah, this is just about getting the tickets.

The park reservation system is a whole different topic. In order to reserve a slot you've got to have park tickets beforehand. Other than that, we have no real idea how the reservation system will work - although I guess it might be like Shanghai's system?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 2 Jun 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

I bought 4 x 4 park Tickets from undercover tourist for Holiday on 29th June 2020 when I contacted undercover tourist they asked me to pay the difference in price and I would receive next year tickets, but I contacted Disney and put them on my Disney world app and they are valid to 09/21 now.
Just in case anyone is contacting company and they are asking for additional money.

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Weve bought and paid for tickets in full, but have been told today that it is 28 days delivery for the tickets, which means we cant link them before the 10th June ... very annoying!