Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jun 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I have spent a day each at US and IOA, that's it, those days were a bit rushed. I have seen a bit of Sapphire Falls. I was so tired when I left IOA I couldn't face the walk to the uber pick up point so I got the boat to SF and got the uber from there. I was impressed with what I saw of it.
If you love water parks, you will love Volcano Bay I'm sure. It's amazing!
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
If you love water parks, you will love Volcano Bay I'm sure. It's amazing!
I definitely love water parks. Volcano Bay is one reason I've decided to go to Universal. I've been looking at videos and photos and my mind is blown!
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

My positivity for the day is my husband now shows on my booking. When they announced the opening and no more bookings I quickly rang up and added him (always the intention just didn't want the extra deposit). Everything was confirmed straight away but always feels better when I can see him on MDE!

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenLime
Apprentice Imagineer

I definitely love water parks. Volcano Bay is one reason I've decided to go to Universal. I've been looking at videos and photos and my mind is blown!
Volcano bay is brilliant and sapphire falls is gorgeous. We stayed across the road at cabana bay and sometimes walked through sapphire falls to get the boat. It’s about a 15-20 min walk to city walk and it’s incredibly scenic - gorgeous flowers everywhere.
Sounds like a perfect plan B
HelenLime is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HelenLime View Post
Volcano bay is brilliant and sapphire falls is gorgeous. We stayed across the road at cabana bay and sometimes walked through sapphire falls to get the boat. It’s about a 15-20 min walk to city walk and it’s incredibly scenic - gorgeous flowers everywhere.
I didn’t realise you could use the boat from sapphire falls if staying at cabana bay (are they ok about you doing this? ) How easy was it to get from cabana bay to Sapphire falls? I’m interested in both hotels and trying to work out which would be most suitable if we were to change to one of them for August. We like the look of both of them.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HelenLime View Post
Thank you 😀 The more I read the more I know I've made the right decision.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenLime
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I didn’t realise you could use the boat from sapphire falls if staying at cabana bay (are they ok about you doing this? ) How easy was it to get from cabana bay to Sapphire falls? I’m interested in both hotels and trying to work out which would be most suitable if we were to change to one of them for August. We like the look of both of them.

Kat
Yes it’s allowed. We walked to the parks 90% of the time - it’s gorgeous and scenic. We got the boat a few times as we were tired, plus we love a boat ride. It’s a five min walk to sapphire falls from cabana bay. Def worth it though - the bus queues from cabana bay were long on occasion. Also if you go via sapphire falls or walk you go through a little bag check area so avoid the main bag check queue
HelenLime is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post

Kat
Last time we stayed at cabana bay we asked to be as close to the bayliner diner (food court) As possible. This puts you really close to the bus stop and also closer to the road to get across to aventura and sapphire falls.

We LOVE cabana bay and aventura so much. I’d love to stay at sapphire falls but I just haven’t seen the right price yet.

As for the boat, you can absolutely use this. It’s for everyone.

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

It's even easier Aventura to Sapphire Falls.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

I'm going to Universal I've emailed Orlando Attractions and told them I accept their quote and would like to book it. I thought and thought about it. The deciding factor was having to reserve a Disney park in advance. I like spending part of a day in a water park and part in a main park which won't be possible at Disney. So instead of spending 7 nights at POFQ I'll now be spending 7 nights at Sapphire Falls. I will then have 5 complimentary nights at Disney's Polynesian which I'm keeping as will only have to pay for food. No parks, just mooching around the resort, Disney Springs, perhaps a day at Sea World. Now I've made the decision it's a massive relief and I can feel excited again
Excellent news and a relief i bet

What tickets do you get please?
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List