Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 4 Jun 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarahemeliarose
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Thanks for the replies everyone. It’s a waiting game for us then, as it’s stands we are definitely not going to pay the balance on The Disney Tickets. There is no way we can get next year before sept so if we don’t end up going for whatever reason then it’s one hell of a chunk to loose when we are a family of 5!
Sarahemeliarose is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

We are in same boat. Have paid a deposit for October, but won’t be paying the balance as we won’t be able to go until October next year if this years gets cancelled. Such a shame.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Busyb
Helping Mickey

Mobile

My thoughts are that when they go back on sale, they will initially only sell single park, set day tickets, as they cannot guarantee park hopping or multiple days.
Busyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarahemeliarose
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by Busyb View Post
My thoughts are that when they go back on sale, they will initially only sell single park, set day tickets, as they cannot guarantee park hopping or multiple days.
In some ways I almost hope this is the case as then can at least just do one day in a park just to get a fix without spending the earth!
Sarahemeliarose is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ShenzyT
VIP Dibber

So sorry - don't mean to hijack your post... but we're wondering the same, I put a post on earlier.
I agree with you Busyb & Sarah, it would be good if they sell just single day park tickets. e want to go but don't want to pay the earth. There's 6 of us...
Keeping everything crossed for it all to work out for everyone.
xx
Nov 1998 - Quality Inn, Oct 1999 - AS Movies, Nov 2008 - AS Music, Sept 2009 - CBR, Oct 2010 - PORS, Oct 2012 - SSR, Oct 2014 - Emerald Island Resort, Oct 2015 - OKW, Oct 2016 - CBR, Oct 2017 - SSR, Oct 2018 - CBR & HGVCSW, Oct 2019 - AKL, Dec 2021 - Windsor Hills Resort, July 2022 - West Coast & DLC, July 2023 - PORS & Merritt Island
ShenzyT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ukitr
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Miss AliJS View Post
If the reservation system works in the same way as fast passes, then your ticket is only activated when you physically go through the turnstile at the park.
How are disney going to know when we are planning on going? Seems a waste of time.
ukitr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarahemeliarose
Helping Mickey

Because you have to make a reservation via my Disney experience for the days you are visiting in advance. So maybe on the days where the parks are less busy they might release more tickets for those day’s?
Originally Posted by ukitr View Post
How are disney going to know when we are planning on going? Seems a waste of time.

Edited at 03:07 PM.
Old 5 Jun 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ukitr
Proud to wear my Ears

I get it with the hotel reservation but my 14 day pass can be taken anytime or do I have to let them know when I want my 14 day pass to be used?
ukitr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ukitr View Post
I get it with the hotel reservation but my 14 day pass can be taken anytime or do I have to let them know when I want my 14 day pass to be used?
You have to book a park in advance for each day you are planning to visit. You can’t just turn up on the day anymore, it’s advance bookings only for now. When each day is at full capacity, they won’t take anymore bookings for that day.
I’m hoping that when everyone has booked their dates in, Disney will release some more availability as I’m not prepared to pay my balance on the Disney tickets this week, when I don’t go until October.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ianmstewart
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

If you look at the Florida reopening plan technically no international tourists should be visiting till phase 3 and in phase 3 theme parks are allowed to return to normal operation with limited social distancing. Now will Disney with a brand to protect choose to just flip back to normal when phase 3 begins? Who knows. It'll be like most businesses I guess, a balance between making money and upholding reputation whilst covid is a significant threat.
ianmstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List