Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 11 Aug 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzydis
New Poster (2)

Waitlist issues?

Hi, I am new to this forum however have been using it for years for disney planning! We recently bought points at SSR on resale and are now trying to setup a waitlist for December (we know there is probably no hope!). The issue is when either myself or my husband go into our accounts, we don't have waitlist manager as an option, and when we get to the end of the process i.e submitting the request we get the Seven Dwarf's site maintenance error page. We spoke to Disney last night and they told us to do the usual and clear the history/cache and cookies which we did and also tried a private browsing window which we have done on 3 different browsers and 3 different laptops and still we have the issue! Is anyone aware of this issue? could it be our account isn't setup correctly?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
dizzydis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dizzydis View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum however have been using it for years for disney planning! We recently bought points at SSR on resale and are now trying to setup a waitlist for December (we know there is probably no hope!). The issue is when either myself or my husband go into our accounts, we don't have waitlist manager as an option, and when we get to the end of the process i.e submitting the request we get the Seven Dwarf's site maintenance error page. We spoke to Disney last night and they told us to do the usual and clear the history/cache and cookies which we did and also tried a private browsing window which we have done on 3 different browsers and 3 different laptops and still we have the issue! Is anyone aware of this issue? could it be our account isn't setup correctly?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
They changed the site recently.
You may be doing this already but have you gone to make a booking, the dates then show and you can select to show you dates with no availability? On mine if you select the dates which are not available on the calendar, it then gives you the ability to waitlist the dates.
I've not gone further than that though.
Old 11 Aug 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Just to say keep checking the site daily, several times a day, do not rely on it to fill your waitlist. It uses a strange algorithm and doesn't automatically book a room that someone is waitlisting, it only looks certain times of day so if someone else spots it as available they can book it before your waitlist gets filled. You might be able to cobble together reservations at different resorts if you keep looking and nabbing what you find.

Good luck and Welcome Home from a fellow SSR owner!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Stalking the website is a good idea,it often used to win over the waitlist. I'd definitely do it. But recently I've seen reports of the waitlist winning and rooms not coming on the website. Indeed this happened to me with a coveted 2 bed standard view at Boardwalk (perhaps the most difficult room to get in DVC as you need both a standard studio and a standard 1 bedroom come up at the same time). I was checking the website, multiple times a day, and did so about an hour before I got the email saying the waitlist had gone through. So did it ever hit the website? Not sure but I never saw it.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzydis
New Poster (2)

Thanks everyone! We called MS last night and it looks like there is a problem... they have logged an error but not sure if it is our account or whether it affects others or not... just need to call them in the meantime. Maybe the maintenance tomorrow will fix it!
dizzydis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dizzydis View Post
Thanks everyone! We called MS last night and it looks like there is a problem... they have logged an error but not sure if it is our account or whether it affects others or not... just need to call them in the meantime. Maybe the maintenance tomorrow will fix it!
iId you ever get to the bottom of this as I have exactly the same problem and cannot waitlist anything!
I've tried using chrome browser, my sons lap top windows browser and my phones safari browser.

I've cleared cookies.Cleared history and tried 'incognito' BUT NO JOY.

The seven dwarfs appear with the error message on the very last page!

SOOOOO annoying!

HELP

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List