Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Jun 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Kaspian
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Makes sense I guess, I hope the booking window goes back eventually to 180 (and plus 10 days for staying at site). I could be wrong but Americans wait until later to book their vacation so I think a lot more people will be fighting for ADRs than we are used to at 60 days
I think it will stay at 60 for a while, maybe until the christmas period.
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

The way I read it 60 days is going to be permanent otherwise they would have said temporarily in tbe press releases.

As to free dining personally I think Disney will now kill it as they have been trying for sometime to do so. They will get more people booking with room discounts overall than with free dinning.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’ve caved and booked for next August staying at All Star Music. If free dining happens I may see if I can upgrade the hotel or I may just stay as I am. Hope everyone else gets sorted, I was driving myself mad with the waiting 😂

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

I was waiting for free dining for next year, and as I noticed the availability going down for the dates I wanted, and the release of standards rooms and tickets for 2021, I realised that people are rebooking anyway, even though they lose their 2020 offer.
I may be wrong, but I thought it's not going to happen, as the Walt Disney Travel Company UK allocation is booking up with rebookers. So I went ahead and booked for next year. It may be worth keeping an eye on the US website (VPN...) in the future if people are still waiting for an offer, provided there is low demand in the US. I don't think there is a need for rebook incentive as people are rebooking anyway, either because their holiday are cancelled or they do want the post-covid experience? Who knows...
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickeymouseears View Post
I was waiting for free dining for next year, and as I noticed the availability going down for the dates I wanted, and the release of standards rooms and tickets for 2021, I realised that people are rebooking anyway, even though they lose their 2020 offer.
I may be wrong, but I thought it's not going to happen, as the Walt Disney Travel Company UK allocation is booking up with rebookers. So I went ahead and booked for next year. It may be worth keeping an eye on the US website (VPN...) in the future if people are still waiting for an offer, provided there is low demand in the US. I don't think there is a need for rebook incentive as people are rebooking anyway, either because their holiday are cancelled or they do want the post-covid experience? Who knows...
People are booking in the hope they offer free dining but U.K. customers cannot add free dining after booking. In actual fact all it’s doing is driving down both availability and the possibility of a decent offer. If Disney find their rooms are booked without a decent offer then why give one?
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bronny View Post
People are booking in the hope they offer free dining but U.K. customers cannot add free dining after booking. In actual fact all it’s doing is driving down both availability and the possibility of a decent offer. If Disney find their rooms are booked without a decent offer then why give one?
I disagree. I think people are booking now to secure the resort they want for next year. For the first time given the unprecedented situation I don’t believe Disney will offer free dining for next year. What we may see if bookings aren’t what they hope is some sort of offer into next year. There’s just no way to predict any more.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I agree. No free dining plan for us next year.##I read somewhere (wish I could remember where) that dining plans had been scrapped until september 2021!

I need to check my facts but defo saw something embedded in info given by Disney.
Will try and locate.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lam View Post
I agree. No free dining plan for us next year.##I read somewhere (wish I could remember where) that dining plans had been scrapped until september 2021!

I need to check my facts but defo saw something embedded in info given by Disney.
Will try and locate.
Does this mean that you can't pay for a dining plan too?
Old 9 Jun 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
I'm afraid so. I believe Sept 21 was mentioned as the date this would last till, but then removed. I don't think anyone knows yet when purchased dining plans, let alone free ones, will be available 😭
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
On the Disney holidays UK website you can purchase the DDP for holidays from January 2021.