Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Jun 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sco77ywatty
I have Ears

Just had an email from ATD. Says they will contact people NEXT WEEK with details of offers/discounts! This is getting really poor!
Sco77ywatty is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sco77ywatty View Post
Just had an email from ATD. Says they will contact people NEXT WEEK with details of offers/discounts! This is getting really poor!
That’s a bit unfair. I know it’s frustrating, but no one knows what the future holds and they are reliant on Disney giving them clarity. Disney themselves are having to work through plans for what would have been millions of people visiting their sites. It is incredibly frustrating but it’s hardly ATD’s fault
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sco77ywatty
I have Ears

I don't feel it is unfair to expect the same level of attention in the United Kingdom as guests in the US have had in receiving information in a timely manner. The frustration is towards Disney Travel Company however it will be interesting to see how the clause in the T&Cs relating to 'lack of conformity' will be addressed.
Sco77ywatty is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
To be fair to Sco77y though don't tell people that you are going to tell them something by the end of this week unless you are sure that's going to be the case. These are unprecedented times but since this "lockdown" there have been TA's/CM's announcing almost weekly that Free Dining is imminent & various other bits of "info" that hasn't transpired.
We are all basically trying to find some light at the end of a depressing tunnel & want our information to be accurate so that we can begin making decisions. For a personal standpoint, the one thing that we do know is that we will not be going in Sept but with no Free Dining (which again someone has been told is happening for 2021) it's a downgrade onsite or move offsite & just need confirmation of what Disney are doing.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
oneforall
Looking for my Ears

I don't feel it is unfair to expect the same level of attention in the United Kingdom as guests in the US have had in receiving information in a timely manner. The frustration is towards Disney Travel Company however it will be interesting to see how the clause in the T&Cs relating to 'lack of conformity' will be addressed.
It doesn't need to be. It is superseded by the unavoidable and extraordinary circumstance clause.
oneforall is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Hi all

Update from Attraction Tickets via email received today:

Dear Customer,
We wanted to get in touch about an important update from Walt Disney World. As you may already be aware, Disney Parks & Resorts have unveiled their plans for the phased re-opening of Walt Disney World Resort on the 11th July 2020. When they re-open, Walt Disney World’s main goal is to keep guest numbers to manageable levels, in order to maintain social distancing, but continue to give guests opportunities to create magical Disney memories.
As a result there will be some significant new changes and processes and we wanted to write to you today to let you know that we will be sending a comprehensive communication to each customer shortly, clarifying what this means for your booking and the choices available to you.

There is a lot of speculation online and we appreciate that this may cause some uncertainty. We want to reassure you that the only reason we have not yet been in touch is because there are still some policies that need final approval and questions that need answers. As Disney’s biggest ticket partner, we are speaking with key Disney staff on a daily basis and are privileged to the most up-to-date information. We can therefore reassure you that you do not need to make any decision regarding your booking now. There will be some choices to make in the coming weeks, but we want to ensure that our customers are receiving complete information and have all options available, before we ask you to decide.
However, we know that a lot of our customers have questions and we can share some updates with you today.
Disney Dining Plan Cancellation: As a result of limited capacity, Walt Disney World has taken the difficult decision to cancel all dining plans, including those which were booked on the Free Disney Dining and Drinks offer. There will be an alternative offer / discount for customers who lose their free dine but still wish to travel in 2020.
Park Reservations: Initially, 2020 park attendance will be managed through a new park reservation system. To enter a Disney park, both a park reservation and valid admission ticket will be required. The reservation system is not yet available, but when it is launched, guests with existing hotel reservations and tickets will be given first access. 2020 tickets have been taken off sale and new reservations at Disney Resort hotels are temporarily paused to all, allowing Disney to focus on guests with existing reservations.
FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours: The FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as Disney plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity at the attractions and maintain physical distancing. Disney will automatically cancel existing FastPass+ selections and share any future updates on the service at a later date. Upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will also be temporarily suspended.
We realise that the above changes, particularly the cancellation of Dining Plans, will generate a lot of questions and customers will be keen to understand what this means for their booking. We will be in touch again within the next week to clarify exactly what this means for your booking and the choices available to you should you wish to visit Walt Disney World on the dates originally booked, amend your booking to 2021, or cancel your booking.

In the interim, we recommend that if you haven’t already done so, please now link your hotel and Disney tickets reservation to My Disney Experience using the desktop site. This is very important as it means you will receive important information directly from Disney. Secondly, make sure that you check the requirements for entering the Parks before you leave as these could change.
VIEW BLOG
Finally, for those of you who have already emailed us, we hope that the above answers the majority of your questions. As stated, once we get final answers on Disney’s full policy, we will be sending further information to you, so if anything is still unclear after we have sent that communication out, please do get back in touch with us.

With best wishes,
AttractionTickets.com
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

It doesn’t sound as though we are going to hear anything for a while yet!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Well done to ATD.

I've already lost my free dining and 'moved' my reservation to exact same property, room , dates etc in 2021.

So do I miss out because I acted too quickly?

I was toying with the idea of changing it back to xmas 20 (if I could)

We will wait and see what the offers are.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 11:48 AM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post

They're telling you everything they know. Because Disney is in the US, they obviously know more about the current situation as it relates to US guests. I guess that could be called unfair, but that's the way it is, sadly for overseas guests. Hope you receive clarity soon.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

We've already cancelled our flights for this year anyway so we may as well just move it. I am going to ask the question though that if we do move it and free dining is not available, if we can downgrade the hotel to a moderate for free of charge.