Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jun 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I didn’t mean here, I meant in the newspapers and on the BBC, Sky News etc
Don’t get me wrong, I’m sick of CV19 coverage, I am just bemused at what seems an obsession with one case when literally hundreds of children go missing each year and don’t get the publicity or public funding
This was a british child who was taken abroad. Ben Needham, James Bulger, April Jones, all British children abducted/murdered all had huge press coverage and yes hundreds of children in the UK do go missing, however the majority are runaways, estranged partners, etc. I actually can't think of any British child, in my lifetime (well as an adult that I can remember) that this has happened to and has not had any publicity but happy to be proved wrong.

I hope there is a happy conclusion, but if not and it is proven he took her then I hope her parents can have some peace in the knowledge that they know what happened to her.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
my daughter just told me she watched some docu on Maddie a while back and a psychic was interviewed. She thought he had some connection with Scotland yard.

He said that Maddie would be found in Germany living under another name with a family at some time between 2020 and 2023?

Sounds a bit close to home now
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
allycat228
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
This was a british child who was taken abroad. Ben Needham, James Bulger, April Jones, all British children abducted/murdered all had huge press coverage and yes hundreds of children in the UK do go missing, however the majority are runaways, estranged partners, etc. I actually can't think of any British child, in my lifetime (well as an adult that I can remember) that this has happened to and has not had any publicity but happy to be proved wrong.

I hope there is a happy conclusion, but if not and it is proven he took her then I hope her parents can have some peace in the knowledge that they know what happened to her.
There was Katrice Lee?
allycat228 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Well? Had you heard of Katrice? I suggest you have a real good google at that one. Mr and Mrs Lee could tell you an awful lot about the initial handling of that disappearance case by the RMP and the initial suppression of all press coverage. Put it this way, they won’t be sending any good wishes to anybody that was initially involved.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:46 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Somebody out there knows what happened to that poor little girl that night and thereafter, I hope someone is brought to justice and she can be laid to rest 😔
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

I live in the village where Madeleine was from and my children usually go to a service at the church with the school to remember her. Won’t be happening this year of course but I hope the parents can finally get closure and an answer to where their little girl went.
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Andrew Gosden from Doncaster disappeared 14th. September 2007. 😥
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Well? Had you heard of Katrice? I suggest you have a real good google at that one. Mr and Mrs Lee could tell you an awful lot about the initial handling of that disappearance case by the RMP. Put it this way, they won’t be sending any good wishes to anybody that was initially involved.
Heartbreaking. I do hope that they find her, cannot imagine living with not knowing if your child is alive or not. You cannot blame them for never giving up hope.
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by allycat228 View Post
There was Katrice Lee?
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Well? Had you heard of Katrice? I suggest you have a real good google at that one. Mr and Mrs Lee could tell you an awful lot about the initial handling of that disappearance case by the RMP and the initial suppression of all press coverage. Put it this way, they won’t be sending any good wishes to anybody that was initially involved.
Yes, I have heard of Katrice Lee. It's terrible there wasn't anything in the news about her at the time she went missing. I would have been 14 at the time, and I can honestly I can't remember anything about it at the time. I have read about it since Madeleine McCann has been missing.

I do know if anything like that had happened to any of my children I would have gone to the ends of the earth to find them and I'd take any money offered to help find them too. Who wouldn't.

Edited at 09:09 PM.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I am totally bemused at the fact that it is this story which has kicked Covid-19 off the headlines.
Children go missing every day in the UK and other countries. Why this has stayed in the public domain and with public funding is a strange one to me.
That’s all I wish to say on this subject.
But this isn’t the story that has kicked Covid19 off the headlines.

I do agree that it’s the sort of thing that happens far too frequently, but this was a very high profile case, with a lot of speculation and accusation surrounding it. It generated a huge amount of interest because of the circumstances and probably caused a lot of parents to start thinking more carefully about decisions they make.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread