Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jun 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gingerlife View Post
Have you looked at Dunelm and B&Q. We've had them from both and both were equally good. Also a lot cheaper than bespoke, if you can get your size. They can also be trimmed to size.
I’m in Ireland so neither of these two are an option

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
Can you get the blind split in 2 ? If you have a window frame that can hide it from the outside

i got venetians in Jan (did have Holland Blinds) and love them
Unfortunately the big window can’t be split as it’s two side windows and one bigger one in the middle

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Diinky View Post
We have alot of these wooden blinds with 50mm slats, they look great.
We use Blinds 2 Go for ours and I fit them myself, very easy to fit. Our widest blind is about 170cm wide and that isnt heavy to lift, yours might be a little heavy but manageable.
Just looked on Blinds 2 Go and you can get the size you are looking for. We have the Soho wooden blinds with classic tapes.

They look good

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We bought faux wooden blinds as they are lighter. They look really good. Bought them from unbeatable blinds and fitted them ourselves which was easy.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We have these from B&Q with 180cm width (standard 6ft wide window) and they are fine to lift. I don’t lift it by choice but am able to lift it myself if needed.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

I have binned nearly all of mine that came with the house and they were brand new never used as it was partially dressed to be a show home.
They were approximately the same dimensions just narrower and much taller.
No chance of pulling them up completely which was fine in some rooms but in others to open the windows it was tough and the cords failed after a short while. I also found them a nightmare to clean.

The house is in the city so it has a bit more dust. My Mum commented that in the early 80’s people started getting rid of “Venetian” blinds for a reason and can’t understand why the new wooden ones have become fashionable again.

I’ll try and find a photo of what I did instead.
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gingerlife View Post
Have you looked at Dunelm and B&Q. We've had them from both and both were equally good. Also a lot cheaper than bespoke, if you can get your size. They can also be trimmed to size.
Whilst this is corrrct my bespoke fully fitted cost £75 more than dunelm. I felt this was a worthwhile justification given they were made to measure so don’t instantly discount bespoke thinking they will possibly be much more than off the shelf

I had white last year I love them. Like a other poster said consider the faux wood which is what I went for

I went with a local company who cane out and measured and gave advice rather than ordering online.

Edited at 06:18 AM.
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have wooden Venetian blinds in our our rooms except the conservatory.
4 of the windows are quite big.
The living room window is 6ft 6ins wide and 4ft 6ins drop.
Kitchen and 2 bedroom windows are a similar size.
They are all 35mm width apart from the kitchen which are 50mm as I made a mistake when ordering.
I have no problem with lifting them or getting them down.
We went with a light oak colour (I think) as our frames are brown the rooms aren’t dark at all but they are a pain to clean plus we live about a mile from a cement factory so extra dust from there.
I like the look of them though and I’m happy with our choice.
We bought ours from Web Blinds and went through Topcashback so got some money back too.

Old 5 Jun 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We bought some a few months ago from Dunelm. They don’t have cords to lift them you just raise them with your hand which is effortless, to close them you just pull down with two hands which is a little harder but manageable.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
8gotoWDW
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

We have white wooden blinds on our patio doors and a large window in the extension.
Will post a pic in the morning
8gotoWDW is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List