Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 May 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vikkicat View Post
DS home from Chem, said it was not too bad. but i am really worries (like others) as he has said Biology was good, Eng Lit was ok (Macbeth and Christmas Carol) and chemistry he thinks he added up his marks and has done well! we are AQA board, apart from Geology that is welsh board.

he already looks so tired, but he has three days now until his next one on Monday so hopefully he can rest and recoup!
Same here I keep getting stock answer it all went good. 5 exams down 1 subject completely done. 16 more to go.

My ds next exam is Tuesday so a bit of breathing space for a few days
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

OMG - could you imagine? dailymail/news/art...book-GCSE.html
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JDT2019
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
My daughter was dreading chemistry today but it went better than anticipated so that’s good. 👍🏻
Yes my son was the same teachers warned them not to worry, but he said he thinks it went ok.
JDT2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sarah4dogs
Excited about Disney

OMG - could you imagine? dailymail/news/art...book-GCSE.html

Omg indeed. “Scarred for life...”

I think that my DS would have been glad to have this excuse. He was pretty down after yesterday’s Eng Lit as it went badly for him.

Chemistry today has perked him up and he thinks he will ace History tomorrow... . He had Nando’s for lunch if anyone’s interested. This was the more important thing in his mind!
sarah4dogs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

DD is doing her gcse's, she has done 7 so far this week with French (she is really pleased French is done after that) to come tomorrow. Her one word texts each day this week after asking how they have gone have been decent, decent, bad, good. She was upset yesterday after English lit as she thought it would have gone better, it took her a while last night to perk up but today she is happy with how they have gone.
We couldn't believe it when we saw she had 22 exams I don't remember having that many although I'm sure ours were longer in duration.
Old 16 May 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I keep getting one word answers too. They have 2 exams tomorrow, French and Drama and then it's 3 subjects finished (Art was over before the main exams started). Only 18 exams to go!
Old 16 May 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Ds said chemistry was okay but the hardest he’s had all week.He got stuck on one section,said he’d given an answer but he knows it was wrong.No exams now until Monday morning and then 2 a day Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday.Not sure how he’s going to cope with 2 a day.
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

my DS 'needed' mcdonalds to celebrate the first week of GCSEs being over last night?!?!

he doesn't have any today, next one is Geology Monday.
Unfortunately (for him) he was very rude to his younger brother, and i heard, so the PS4 controllers have been hidden so his plans have been well and truly scuppered today! so to make up for it he has to clean the house, bathrooms included, and take photos once completed and i may tell him the location to of the controllers... or i may not and be in meetings all day so i cannot contact him
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

DS seemed relatively happy with chemistry, whether that's because it was better than expected or because he's already written it off, I have no idea.

He's gone in today for the study sessions, no exams now till Tuesday, hope everyone's bearing up ok

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

my DS 'needed' mcdonalds to celebrate the first week of GCSEs being over last night?!?!

he doesn't have any today, next one is Geology Monday.
Unfortunately (for him) he was very rude to his younger brother, and i heard, so the PS4
controllers have been hidden so his plans have been well and truly scuppered today! so to make up for it he has to clean the house, bathrooms included, and take photos once completed and i may tell him the location to of the controllers... or i may not and be in meetings all day so i cannot contact him
I have 3 boys nothing quite as painful as hiding the PS4 controllers and ruining their afternoon on Fortnite 👍😂