Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 7 Apr 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by HuddsBassBone View Post
Quick question:

If I was to book for next July now, and include dining plan, would I be able to ring up and get money refunded if free dining was introduced for my dates after I booked?
No,unfortunately. I guess you could cancel and rebook with the offer
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HuddsBassBone View Post
Quick question:

If I was to book for next July now, and include dining plan, would I be able to ring up and get money refunded if free dining was introduced for my dates after I booked?
No, otherwise you would be taking up rooms and it would mean people who patiently wait for the offer are penalised because there's less availability. You can't have it both ways everyone would have booked already if you could do that!

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Paulrosswhelan
New Poster (4)

Mobile

Just spoke to someone from disney there, she said they dont think the free dining will go ahead for next year as it's the 50th anniversary and the fact they have been scaling back the DP year after year, usually they hear of the offers well inactive advance but so far have heard nothing! I really hope it's just being delayed as opposed to cancelled
Paulrosswhelan is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

My feeling is that free dining will be delayed for at least 3-6 months until things are up and running again.
Then Disney will look at occupancies and decide whether to do a spot offer or not once they have more information.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
With all the people going next year that were supposed to go this year and the fact its a big occasion for WDW next, I bet they wont offer anything. People will be desperate to get away, well the ones that still have jobs. (Hope they do but am not holding my breath for offers)

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

There are so many rumours as there are every year! I heard one today from a Disney contact that an offer for next year will be announced in the next week or so!
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsaria
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by ElsasGloves View Post
There are so many rumours as there are every year! I heard one today from a Disney contact that an offer for next year will be announced in the next week or so!
I hope it is true because I really want to go in 2021, but I won't if there's no free dining plan. Planning on going for 21 days.

I am so hopeful
Tsaria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I would have thought they would want to attract the guests so would offer as soon as they felt able... ie. when they notice a significant downturn in the number of cases in Florida. This obviously won't be for a while, but... I'd be very surprised if they don't offer something.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
I rang a few weeks ago because I am due to go in September 2020 and wanted to find out if I could move my booking with the free DDP to September 2021. I was pretty much told, just wait for the new offer to come out (free DDP) and then ring us back.

I appreciate it might now be delayed, but I am sure they will offer it when the timing is right. It may not be when we think, because I am sure it will depend on the world situation, and more specifically the USA situation and travel etc.

Stay safe everyone!

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

I think it will happen, just not sure when. I’d read it was delayed till May, but that was more gossip rather than fact. I think they’ll need to offer some kind of incentive to get the numbers back up after the closure. So many Americans (I read 1 in 10) have lost their jobs so maybe they’ll need the UK visitors more than ever (those who can still afford it of course). That’s if people can get adequate travel insurance and feel comfortable with the possible risks.