Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Apr 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

Free dining is a deal breaker for us.Without it its just too expensive. I think without it a lot of Europeans would not go (or at least not stay on property)as the flight prices alone take up a bit chunk of the overall cost, add dining on top of that and the overall cost is astronomical. For us the eating at table service and signature restaurants is just too important and free dining makes it achievable. So fingers crossed.
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

We are hoping to go next summer! First post back (since 2018). I wondered if you guys had any thoughts on a couple of things...

Last time we booked for CBR in May, but they had works going on, so we cancelled and ended up rebooking for Saratoga Springs in September, for about £400 more in TOTAL with the superior dining plan. It was something like £2700 for 12 days for 4 (with the DDP). I have been looking for SS every year since 2018, but it doesn't seem to come up anymore. Do you think that we were just INSANELY lucky? I am thinking we should possibly just book as and when the offer happens (hoping it does!).

Second question - is it going to be insanely busy? I know that is a stupid question, because who knows. I don't suppose it matters, because it will have been three years since our previous visit and we LOVED it so very much, I hope we won't have to wait any longer.

My final question - covid-19 makes me think more about cancellations. Last time we booked through Trailfinders, wondering if it is better or the same as booking direct?

(sorry - these are a bit off topic...but it is all tangentially related to the DDP!).

Thanks

Alison
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Allyfe View Post
We are hoping to go next summer! First post back (since 2018). I wondered if you guys had any thoughts on a couple of things...

Last time we booked for CBR in May, but they had works going on, so we cancelled and ended up rebooking for Saratoga Springs in September, for about £400 more in TOTAL with the superior dining plan. It was something like £2700 for 12 days for 4 (with the DDP). I have been looking for SS every year since 2018, but it doesn't seem to come up anymore. Do you think that we were just INSANELY lucky? I am thinking we should possibly just book as and when the offer happens (hoping it does!).

Second question - is it going to be insanely busy? I know that is a stupid question, because who knows. I don't suppose it matters, because it will have been three years since our previous visit and we LOVED it so very much, I hope we won't have to wait any longer.

My final question - covid-19 makes me think more about cancellations. Last time we booked through Trailfinders, wondering if it is better or the same as booking direct?

(sorry - these are a bit off topic...but it is all tangentially related to the DDP!).

Thanks

Alison
SSR and OKW aren’t quite as available as they once were. I think it’s due to DVC owners struggling to get booked in and Disney changing the way they offered those resorts but I could be wrong.

I do think it’s going to be very busy but it will all depend on the post-Covid effect.

I always book with Disney direct so can’t really comment on any other company.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Thanks so much Lisa.

I think we may just have to live with busy - with the compromise of going more towards the middle/end of August if we can.

It is amazing how much the prices seem to have gone up from when we booked in 2017.
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I would be very surprised if any DVC resorts get offered, a lot of owners currently banking this years points into next year which could lead to an owners battle for resorts next year
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
I would be very surprised if any DVC resorts get offered, a lot of owners currently banking this years points into next year which could lead to an owners battle for resorts next year
SD
Knowing Disney, they will prioritise cash bookings over DVC
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

you can book Saratoga Springs for next year direct through Disney if you choose the flight+resort+ticket option.
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
TryAnything1317
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Sorry, I havent read the entire thread so I am sorry if this has been said already. I spoke to someone from WDTC about changing our booking today and he told us that in the next few weeks they should be releasing next years deal and we would be able to swap to it. We arent going to be going next year but good luck to anyone waiting!
TryAnything1317 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
willmatt
Very Serious Dibber

I was hoping to go to Japan next year but with the olympics moving that is a no go now.
Hopefully there is a good offer from Disney to entice me.
willmatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Moorland - they can't! Only 5% of a DVC resort is cash bookings, anything above this is rooms fed back into the system by lack of take up. There would be a revolt! After all it's each Resort's owners that pay for the upkeep of these resorts & as an owner, if I couldn't get my Home Resort & saw lots of cash bookings, I'd be asking questions IYKWIM. DVC wise it's only really SSR & OKW, not sure if they use any of the DVC at AKL-Jambo
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List