Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 May 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Mobile TUI flight experiences

We are considering alternatives to VA to open options for flights for next year. We love VA and have miles to use but feel we should start looking at other options.
We use BA too and I’ve asked about indirect in another thread.

Our other option is TUI. We haven’t used chartered flights for a long time but familiar with Sanford.

What are people’s inflight experiences?
How is checkin? Seat selection?
What is the premium cabin like?

Would really appreciate some feedback. Thank you.
Old 13 May 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Tui are great but we have only done PE with them. We have always been lucky and got row 1 and the leg room is amazing. Food is ok, nothing fab but better than most. They are good with the drinks. Check in is good as its such a small queue. You get extra luggage and can pay to add a further 5kg. The big plus for them is the Dreamliner, we have never had jet lag. I think they were starting to get quite expensive in PE.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I have flown a couple of times now with TUI in their Premium cabin and really enjoyed it. The seats were good, the meals I find better than Virgin albeit you can now preorder food in Virgin Premium Economy. If the price is right I wouldn't hesitate in booking again with them and I love the Dreamliner. We had booked to go in April this year again but that was cancelled due to Covid.
With TUI Premium you should also be able to use the Airport lounges both here and at Sanford, you can choose your seat, fast track security here in the UK and your luggage is already included in the price. When we flew from Manchester last year the lounge was at capacity so we were given food and drink vouchers to use instead.
I like Sanford Airport and it is an easy drive to our villa. From reading previous posts I believe TUI are moving to Melbourne airport in 2022 from Sanford and Melbourne Airport is closer to KennedySpace Center and Port Canaveral,.

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

Edited at 07:44 PM.
walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bungle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by walden64 View Post
I have flown a couple of times now with TUI in their Premium cabin and really enjoyed it. The seats were good, the meals I find better than Virgin albeit you can preorder food in Virgin Premium Economy. If the price is right I wouldn't hesitate in booking again with them and I love the Dreamliner.
With TUI Premium you should also be able to use the Airport lounges both here and at Sanford, you can choose your seat, fast track security here in the UK and your luggage is already included in the price. When we flew from Manchester last year the lounge was at capacity so we were given food and drink vouchers to use instead.
I like Sanford Airport and it is an easy drive to our villa. From reading previous posts I think TUI are moving to another airport in 2022 I believe but someone with more knowledge on that may come along and say for definite.
Correct, they are moving to Melbourne (MLB) in 2022 with their own terminal. This is on the east coast not far below cocoa etc. A nice drive along the 192.

Not sure how covid will affect this though.

Lake Berkley 2006,Cumbrian Lakes 2007,Emerald Island 2009,Lake Berkley 2010 & 2012, Bella Vida 2014, Veranda Palms 2016 & 2018, Formosa Gardens 2022
Bungle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

I have flown many times with both Virgin and TUI all PE. I believe that TUI Premium is better than Virgin partly because of its position in the plane. With TUI you are the front of the plane where as Virgin you are over the wings with Upper Class being at the front. There is little to choose between the staff all have been good especially with my wife who is an extremely nervous flyer. The TUI use of the Dreamliner clinches it for me it is a far better flight. I know Virgin have the Dreamliner on some routes in fact we flew one to Washington last year. I also prefer landing and immigration at Sanford it is much quicker through all including Alamo car hire than MCO. Admittedly TUI are going into Melbourne, which is near Palm Bay and Titusville,from 2022.
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Correct, they are moving to Melbourne (MLB) in 2022 with their own terminal. A nice drive along the 192.

No one has ever said ‘a nice drive along the 192‘

Seriously, does anybody know how many sets of traffic lights are in that road? 100+ easily
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bungle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
No one has ever said ‘a nice drive along the 192‘

Seriously, does anybody know how many sets of traffic lights are in that road? 100+ easily
Much prefer that to traffic on I4 from SFB or tolls from MCO personally.

Lake Berkley 2006,Cumbrian Lakes 2007,Emerald Island 2009,Lake Berkley 2010 & 2012, Bella Vida 2014, Veranda Palms 2016 & 2018, Formosa Gardens 2022
Bungle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you all very much for the feedback. It sounds great! VA PE is our go to choice so it sounds a good alternative.
Old 14 May 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Mobile

Are you able to see seat availability before you book?
Old 14 May 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
Are you able to see seat availability before you book?
No you can't see the seat availability. I have found though, that if you ring and say you are thinking of booking but want to know if they have specific PE or ELR seats available, they will look and let you know prior to paying for them. I always fly Tui due to their being local airports for me (Doncaster and Birmingham). We like the Dreamliner so will fly with Tui for both these reasons.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List