Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 17 May 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Icey View Post
Does anyone know of you don’t pay balance, do they take it automatically out your bank?
that's how I think it is set up like a direct debit/standing order - I'm just about to fire the BBQ up so will have a sift through there terms etc tomorrow.
Old 21 May 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

From the T & C's

"By making a booking under our deposit scheme you agree to authorise us to process the balance on your booking automatically when it is due. Please note that we cannot dispatch part of an order – your tickets will be dispatched once the whole balance against your order has been settled."

All Other Attraction Ticket Bookings

"Up to 30 days before the arrangements are due to start: 25%
Between 29 - 7 days before the arrangements are due to start: 50%
Within 7 days of the arrangements due to start: 100%
Deposit / Instalment bookings - If you decide to cancel your booking before the balance is paid your deposit plus any instalments you have paid (if lower than the 25% of your order total) will act as the cancellation charge for your order."
Old 22 May 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ingram01 View Post
I don't like the sound of that, we are in the same position with balance due in August and £10pp deposit paid.

There terms and conditions state the following cancellation charges:

Up to 30 days before the arrangements are due to start: 25%
Between 29 - 7 days before the arrangements are due to start: 50%
Within 7 days of the arrangements due to start: 100%
Deposit / Instalment bookings - If you decide to cancel your booking before the balance is paid your deposit plus any instalments you have paid (if lower than the 25% of your order total) will act as the cancellation charge for your order.

That reads to me that you should only loose the £10pp deposit, not 25%.

I actually cancelled my tickets earlier in the year and re-booked because there had been a significant reduction in price and can confirm that I just lost the £10 deposit per person.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

I have just cancelled my universal tickets with them for October and It was just my £4 deposit I had no more to pay. I do have MNSSHP tickets but they want them paid in full and no refund so I’m holding out to see if Disney cancel them before I pay the final balance.
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
yodamummy
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Icey View Post
Does anyone know of you don’t pay balance, do they take it automatically out your bank?
Our balance was due with them on the 4th may, but they didn't take the balance. When I emailed to ask they said it didn't seem right "under the current situation". I have since had to cancel as my virgin flights have been cancelled and I've been told i'll lose my deposit. It seems a bit unfair that they are keeping deposits when they are unable to provide tickets. Also I booked my holiday DIY and every other company/villa owner has given full refund no questions asked!
Old 26 May 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by yodamummy View Post
Our balance was due with them on the 4th may, but they didn't take the balance. When I emailed to ask they said it didn't seem right "under the current situation". I have since had to cancel as my virgin flights have been cancelled and I've been told i'll lose my deposit. It seems a bit unfair that they are keeping deposits when they are unable to provide tickets. Also I booked my holiday DIY and every other company/villa owner has given full refund no questions asked!
But they are within their rights to keep the deposit as per the Ts&Cs that you agreed to if you cancel the tickets. It's not unfair. There are plenty of places where, if you put down a deposit down on something and later you decide to cancel, you will lose the deposit. That's standard practice.

I suspect the others have provided a full refund because they had to cancel and, therefore, legally, they have to provide a refund if they cancel. If it was you that's cancelled then they are providing the full refund as a goodwill gesture - they don't have to (unless that's what it says in their Ts&Cs).

It's nice if they do refund your deposit, but not unfair if they don't.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by blades View Post
Glad I’ve found this post as I’ve booked with this company and I need to alter things not only for the time we are going but we are now going to do the “Full Monty” (Disney,universal & Seaworld) - it might work out cheaper to loose my £40 deposit and look elsewhere as I think I can get the Disney tickets £35 cheaper each anyway
Just to clarify...

Orlando Attractions sells the "Full Monty" combo, not Orlando Attraction Tickets (OAT). They are two different companies.

I believe this thread is talking about Orlando Attraction Tickets (although it's difficult to tell at times).

The Ts&Cs you and others have posted are taken from Orlando Attraction Tickets' website, not Orlando Attractions. Please check you are looking at the correct website.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Just to clarify...

Orlando Attractions sells the "Full Monty" combo, not Orlando Attraction Tickets (OAT). They are two different companies.

I believe this thread is talking about Orlando Attraction Tickets (although it's difficult to tell at times).

The Ts&Cs you and others have posted are taken from Orlando Attraction Tickets' website, not Orlando Attractions. Please check you are looking at the correct website.
For further clarification they basically have the same t & c’s if not more onerous from Orlando attractions with regards cancellation

You can make a booking and secure your products/service/tickets with just a £10 / $15 deposit per person. This process can currently only be done via phone. The balance on your booking will be due 8 weeks before you travel. When you make a booking via a deposit it is your responsibility to provide payment details that will still be valid when your balance is due. If you need to update your payment details please contact us. By making a booking under our deposit scheme you agree to authorise us to process the balance on your booking automatically when due. Certain products may be excluded from the option to purchase on deposit. Should this be the case it will be noted in the product description.

Cancellations

Alterations and Cancellations by you: If you wish to amend your booking once it has been confirmed please contact as soon as possible. Please note it may not always be possible to make amendments. You will be charged any costs incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers in making the change. An amended voucher (where applicable) will be issued to you. The original voucher will then become invalid and should be destroyed. No refunds will be payable if the original voucher and not the reissued one is redeemed at the attraction concerned. If we have paid you a refund in respect of the amendment and you subsequently manage to use the original voucher you will be responsible for paying that refund back to us. To cancel a booking, please email customerservice@orlandoattractions.com. We will then issue you with a cancellation invoice. The cancellation will only take effect from the date that we issue our cancellation invoice. If you cancel your booking but then somehow manage to redeem the original voucher you will be responsible for reimbursing us for the full cost of the voucher. The cancellation charges set out below apply on cancellation. Where the cancellation charge is shown as a percentage, this is calculated on the basis of the total cost payable by the person(s) cancelling excluding amendment charges. Amendment charges are not refundable in the event of cancellation.

Edited at 11:08 PM.
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List