Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 May 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Is the gift card removed too? Seems odd.
As for the AKL move , when the pool closure was announced for about a week it was move at cost and our agent had actually moved us to OKW when they relented and started moving with upgrade for free and our agent got them to reverse our change , then moved to BWI at no cost . Good old Mattie !
Disney do have form for changing things then after realising its bad “show” relenting.

Same thing happened with us and the whole AKL pool mess.
I called them 3 times over a 2 month period and was always told No... not offering anything as the pool at Kidani was open.
Was only after finding this forum and reading the threads on it , I called again and really dug my heels in, quoting others experiences etc and how unfair I was being treated!
They then offered me Saratoga but I said no, not happy with that as far too big . Why couldn’t I have BWI as other had been offered...
After 10 minutes on hold the agent moved us to BWI and got me to refresh MDE while on the phone ,immediately showing the change.
We had an amazing time there !
So in the end they did good... in the end !
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Sco77ywatty
I have Ears

The Ts & Cs for UK are different and include the section 'We accept responsibility for providing all the elements of the advertised Package (subject always to any Unavoidable and Extraordinary Circumstance) but if we fail to provide what has been booked (a Lack of Conformity), you must inform our representative without undue delay if you consider that any part of your Package has not been performed in accordance with the terms of the contract'. The removal of the DDP is not unavoidable. It is a strategic decision. This section of the T&Cs does not appear on Europe or US versions. That maybe why the UK is waiting for confirmation of the situation.
Sco77ywatty is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m obviously speculating here but I think what they may do is anyone who wants to keep their original booking, or move within the free dining dates will get a room discount or gift card. Anyone wanting to move to next year will get to do so free of charge. Hopefully we’ll know soon.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

If you are moved from AKL to BWI and subsequently develop PTSD from the scary clown pool can you claim compo?

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Sco77ywatty
I have Ears

It will have to be a hefty discount to make up the short fall of what is essentially an 'all inclusive' to 'nothing'. Bearing in mind the discount offered for many US residents is 35% off the room rate only and this where the 'lack of conformity' applies according to the UK T&Cs as this will not cover the cost of a DDP for what could be 4 or 5 people ($2750).

Some may say that the DDP was free however it is an integral part of the package booking and removing it would be a breach of the T&Cs. Just speculation TBH as Disney will do what Disney wants. There will be PR fallout whatever is done.

IMO the situation has been dealt with badly. Confirming re opening of a major business but have answers to the logistics. Respect to the TAs that are going to have to field the mess.
Sco77ywatty is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
At this stage we are now planning for 2021, probably May, I don't see any form of Free Dining being offered for next year (IMO)so for us it will be a downgrade most likely to POFQ- Without DDP we refuse to pay Disney's high prices for food so the Springs resorts allow us to walk to DS or LBV to eat. We have consider the partners but their prices are a bit high at the minute or move further afield but then we would probably need a car so logistics come into play.So hoping for our deposit back, any further discount would be good As far as the GC, people that have already moved, prior to the latest announcement, have already lost their GC so I'm not expecting to keep it.

Lisa have you already moved? Noticed your countdown as you were only a couple of days behind us.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Someone has put on Facebook that they have spoken to Disney and the dining plan is not cancelled for the uk , there will be an announcement Monday.

Edited at 09:54 AM.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Someone has put on Facebook that they have spoken to Disney and the dining plan is not cancelled for the uk , there will be an announcement Monday.
Well this is a rollercoaster!
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020

Edited at 09:54 AM.
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
At this stage we are now planning for 2021, probably May, I don't see any form of Free Dining being offered for next year (IMO)so for us it will be a downgrade most likely to POFQ- Without DDP we refuse to pay Disney's high prices for food so the Springs resorts allow us to walk to DS or LBV to eat. We have consider the partners but their prices are a bit high at the minute or move further afield but then we would probably need a car so logistics come into play.So hoping for our deposit back, any further discount would be good As far as the GC, people that have already moved, prior to the latest announcement, have already lost their GC so I'm not expecting to keep it.

Lisa have you already moved? Noticed your countdown as you were only a couple of days behind us.
SD
No but we’ve made the decision to move to next year so the countdown was just depressing me! It’s a speculative countdown based on planned dates and VA flights on the VH website.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Well I suppose we'll find out tomorrow but if true then they have just created their own PR nightmare! All those US guests, that let's face it make up 80% of their business, including those that have already moved their holidays, are losing out but UK is OK ?
TBH we now feel happier having finally decided to forego Sept & are just waiting to move/cancel once the phonelines are back open
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List