Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jun 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Multi city flights.

Looking for some help please. Have been pricing up some flights for this September to get a handle on costs for next September.

Wanting to fly out direct to NYC and spend a few nights there then fly down to Orlando and spend week there with return flight back to UK.

If I put in details for direct to NYC, 4 days later to MCO and then 7 days after that back to UK the prices come up at around £700.

However some of the searches come back at £355 if fly NYC to MCO the day after I arrive in NY.
Way cheaper. I can buy an internal NYC to MCO direct ticket for about £100 so my question is if I didn't take the 2nd flight on my multi city would I forfeit the MCO to UK flight or are they all completely different tickets?

Hope I've explained that OK?

BTW these are with virgin/delta.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post

I would book the open jaw ticket as one reservation for the transatlantic flights and then buy the NY - MCO flight separately. As correct, if you don’t take the NY - MCO flight, the next flight on a linked booking is going to cancel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparky0309
Proud to wear my Ears

Wife and I did this tour 4 years ago, we booked flight from man-ny stayed in ny for 5nights then flew ny to Miami and then travelled up to Orlando and flew home to gla from Orlando cost was £205/£40/£230 for each flight, best thing we found was to keep an eye on flights every day and be a bit flexible on how long you spend in each area.
Sparky0309 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kp789 View Post
Looking for some help please. Have been pricing up some flights for this September to get a handle on costs for next September.

Wanting to fly out direct to NYC and spend a few nights there then fly down to Orlando and spend week there with return flight back to UK.

If I put in details for direct to NYC, 4 days later to MCO and then 7 days after that back to UK the prices come up at around £700.

However some of the searches come back at £355 if fly NYC to MCO the day after I arrive in NY.
Way cheaper. I can buy an internal NYC to MCO direct ticket for about £100 so my question is if I didn't take the 2nd flight on my multi city would I forfeit the MCO to UK flight or are they all completely different tickets?

Hope I've explained that OK?

BTW these are with virgin/delta.
Not taking the second flight on the outbound would cancel your inbound ticket.

Most airlines work on the principle that a through ticket is anything that has less than 24 hours between legs; and these are generally cheaper than having a longer gap.

If you can get a ticket that stops in NYC for about 20 hours, I'd be tempted to take it, after all if you really work hard you can do the tick-box items of NYC in under 24 hours (if you want to do loads of shopping it will take longer, but it would also have been cheaper in Orlando as well)
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Aearin
Getting Excited

Mobile

I booked Manchester to New York (4 Nights) then an internal to MCO and then flying back direct from NY premium economy with Delta (all virgin operated) for £720pp

I booked my own MCO > JFK Separate with delta as I got a good deal on business class.
Aearin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks for all the advice. Was just wondering if it was 1 ticket or each leg had a separate ticket. Looks like I'll be booking internal flight separate then which are really cheap to begin with. Have a few months to go before flights for next year come out so have plenty of time to book.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I would book the open jaw ticket as one reservation for the transatlantic flights and then buy the NY - MCO flight separately. As correct, if you don’t take the NY - MCO flight, the next flight on a linked booking is going to cancel.
This is what I would do as well.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List