Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

So the quarantine review date is 29th June (3 weeks), 20th July is another 3 weeks after that. So the government extends quarantine to 20th July then it's dropped. Just a theory!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pix70 View Post
We got a WhatsApp reply from Virgin a couple of hours ago saying that our flight on 22nd July will still be happening but from Heathrow instead of Gatwick. I asked them when it would be changed on the app as I wanted to choose seats it wont be the 747 so my seat choice wont be the same) but they couldnt tell me that. I'm now waiting for a reply to my question about whether the flight times are the same
I’d also be interested in knowing if the flights from Heathrow are direct, the only flights I see are indirect. I have no problem with my flight being changed from Gatwick to Heathrow but I will not be accepting an indirect flight.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
I’d also be interested in knowing if the flights from Heathrow are direct, the only flights I see are indirect. I have no problem with my flight being changed from Gatwick to Heathrow but I will not be accepting an indirect flight.
They’ve confirmed they will be direct but the new flights just aren’t uploaded yet 👍
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
So the quarantine review date is 29th June (3 weeks), 20th July is another 3 weeks after that. So the government extends quarantine to 20th July then it's dropped. Just a theory!
Yes, but the border over here doesn't care about any of that. No one has stated that the US will be open by 20 July and I doubt the US government whispered in Virgin's ear and no one else's.
Plus, what if you have to quarantine on this end?

(I'm saying this in the hope that UK visitors will indeed be able to travel as planned.)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

There's one aspect of flying VA you can be sure of, won't be aboard a 747 with VA having retired them early.
Old 5 Jun 20, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
blackbird
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
Obviously they would then go bust in that case - and noone would get anything from them that way either.

Plus RyanAir - Easyjet etc are all doing the same regarding refunds - i.e not paying them out.
I get people are upset/ angry with virgin, but people wanting them to go bust is not going to help their staff, the airports or passengers, this would leave BA with a Monopoly prices would go through the roof.
blackbird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I suppose they are banking on, as others have said, that US will lift their travel ban for UK visitors.
That way they can still fly their planes - if there is a 2 week quarantine at either end “isnt their problem”. Its also not Virgin who has to issue the refund if people have booked but don't want to / can travel because of quarantine or because of travelling against FCO advise would leave them without travel insurance . In that case people would have to turn to their insurance company instead. So Virgin would still bring in cash flying with near empty planes.

Just a thought from a cynical brain...
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

There are flights currently going America as they have (think it is 13) airports for international arrivals. UK nationals cannot land in America but there are still Americans here who are entitled to travel between the two countries so guess Virgin and BA are hoping to pick up some of those customers. Miami is the airport open for Florida.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pritch View Post
dropped lucky flying LHR to LAX on the 20th.
pritch - I would check with VS about whether your journey will take place as this is their published schedule sent out yesterday and LAX is down to start on 21st.

But having seen the mess of communications that have been made recently who knows if this is correct!

__________________________________________________ _____

As countries around the world start to relax travel restrictions, we wanted to let you know of our plan to restart flying customers with service from London Heathrow to Orlando, Hong Kong, Shanghai, New York and Los Angeles from the 20 July 2020. While steadily increasing passenger flying throughout the second half of 2020, with a further, gradual recovery through 2021 in line with customer demand.

We will be flying our customers temporarily to and from London Heathrow Terminal 2

Restart date Route
20th July 2020 London Heathrow – Orlando
20th July 2020 London Heathrow – Hong Kong
21st July 2020 London Heathrow – Shanghai
21st July 2020 London Heathrow – New York JFK
21st July 2020 London Heathrow – Los Angeles

Edited at 08:22 AM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JAF View Post
There are flights currently going America as they have (think it is 13) airports for international arrivals. UK nationals cannot land in America but there are still Americans here who are entitled to travel between the two countries so guess Virgin and BA are hoping to pick up some of those customers. Miami is the airport open for Florida.
Don't forget that some of these flights are also carrying a substancial amount of cargo.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List