Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jun 20, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

Our plan was always to abandon our October trip and forfeit the deposit, so we filled out the “move our trip to 2021” as there really wasn’t another option.

But I wonder now that they have to commit to ordering tickets what will happen if we simply don’t accept the new trip given it’s almost guaranteed to be more expensive. It puts them in an awkward position whereby they didn’t purchase our 2020 tickets as we opted to move to next year so can’t provide the package we’ve booked. To be honest I just want our deposit back. With the change to Heathrow we are better off flying BA as we would need to fly BA to get to Heathrow now. We had booked our usual cheap EasyJet flights to Gatwick months ago and have already lost the money for the Hilton airport hotel. BA would allow us to travel all in one day so at least we wouldn’t have to book another hotel.

Edited at 12:58 AM.
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Wisteria
Earning My Ears

We are in a similar position. We've been trying to contact VH for weeks about rearranging our holiday from this Aug to next summer, have now had the email and submitted the form saying we want to amend dates. Our worry is that now, and especially with dining plans scrapped for the time being, we will have been priced out of going next year. So if we now decide to cancel as it's too expensive for us to rearrange, it looks likely we'll lose our deposit as our original trip seems to be going ahead (even though we can't actually enter the US at the moment...)

I'm hoping that there's a small chance we could try and get the deposit back as the holiday now offered isn't the one we booked last year, i.e. change of airport, dining plan removed, park restrictions.
Wisteria is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

I just posted on the BA thread re this. I didn’t get an email re the Disney booking, just the flight. Due to go Oct and ai received a preparing for your trip email confirming baggage and can pay to prebook seat etc. No indication that I’m eligible to postpone or rearrange. I’ve paid in full so will just have to wait and see what restrictions are lifted nearer the time. I’m not going to bother calling as I feel it’s too far out for them to offer anything just now. I would be interested to hear how the Virgin travellers get on with rearranging for Oct onwards.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

We filled out the change of booking form in April time, then again in May and once again last night. Not heard anything from them. We were completely 100% set on not going in April/ May but now we're considering Universal and a week in Clearwater if possible and if the price is right.

Or, because the prices for 2021 on the website are crazy for a like for like holiday. We're going to ask them to price up a totally different holiday for 2021 I think and try again in 2022.

Until we hear from them we don't know what to do.

Edited at 10:33 AM.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Such a big decision to make in a short timescale,added with the fact you cannot talk to any travel companies to steer your decision.
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

I'll be following this thread with interest as DS was due to travel in Dec, has filled in that postponement form, but just wants to cancel completely.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

We opted out of paying for our tickets for our August trip yesterday. We were determined to postpone back in April but Virgin haven't got round to us yet. Whilst we've been waiting for a call back we did start to come round to the idea of going. Unfortunately in the midst of getting mildly excited we neglected to consider how the loss of dining plan is going to seriously impact the cost of our holiday.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List