Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 Jun 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Cabana bay & endless summer

Sorry everyone. Third hotel question in two days 🙈🙈🙈
I did not realise CB did a family suite. As a family of five we don’t really want a roll out bed especially when its £25 per night.
We will be doing a 7 night stay with no car. AP but not including volcano bay.
So which would you go to?
Cabana bay or endless summer
Cabana bay is £300 more.

Pro’s & cons for both please?

Can to walk to international drive from cabana bay?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I get your pain , I have been having a similar dilemma but also thrown Aventura into the mix ! Endless summer I liked the fact you could walk to I Drive but you cant pool hop. Aventura as it had a more adult feel and liked the very modern rooms and rooftop cocktail bar .Cabana bay close to Volcano bay , it has a lazy river and you can get a boat from Sapphire falls to city walk ! But after days debating after a tip that as you are close to Volcano bay you can get a bus to Endless Summer and get to IDrive easily. So despite my countdown we are staying at a volcano view room at Cabana Bay ! Need to change my countdown 😂

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I think if our tickets included volcano bay we would definitely stay at cabana bay.
But as we are not would we feel like we are missing out?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I think if our tickets included volcano bay we would definitely stay at cabana bay.
But as we are not would we feel like we are missing out?
You wouldn’t really feel like you were missing out on Volcano Bay. It is quite hidden from the hotel except from the towers facing it. The pools are great in Cabana Bay. We love the family suites which have external corridors with pool view. I thought I’d hate the motel style but loved it then.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Have you looked at aventura? It’s just a touch closer to the parks and next door to the beautiful sapphire falls. We used the pool at sapphire falls a few times when staying at aventura.

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Well, take Cabana bay, downsize its food court to a sore excuse, get rid of the lazy river, the pool slide, get rid of one of the 2 pools and downsize the remaining one to the size of a handkerchief, get rid of the atmosphere, get rid of the bowling alley, get rid of the fun, and ... tadaaaaa ... you have Endless Summer ...

Endless summer was designed to make it "as cheap as" universal would go, while competing with idrive accomodation re:space vs. cost
but, even though the resort looks nice, even though it's slightly cheaper than CB and quite chepaer than aventura or sapphire (all those not getting express passes) it's merely a short term stay hotel. You get beds with minimal amenities around it

you're staying for 7 nights, chances are you'll be experiencing the hotel. So a nicer hotel will always be nicer ...

At CBBR you have 2 options for family suite location
Interior Entry, and Exterior Entry (or corridors or whatever they now call them)
"Exterior" means it's on the pool slide courtyard, door opens to the livig area, window also in that area, but slightly smaller (due to the door being on the same side)
"Interior" means it's with interior corridors (right, lol) door opens to the living area, window is in the sleeping area and is wall to wall, floor to ceiling. and units are located on the lazy river courtyard

then for both "locations", there is standard (room view will be towards the outside... like parking lot, roads) and "poolview" (room will be on the inside, this does not mean you'll get a view of the pool, it means it's looking inside the couryard but a view of the pool is possible)

of course, each category has a different price.

ETA : did I mention CBBR was my favorite onsite hotel (re: value for money), it may not have come through :p :p :p
we spent nearly 2 months (combined) since it opened. My other favorite hotel is Portofino, but that's well over our current affordability

Edited at 07:43 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
Well, take Cabana bay, downsize its food court to a sore excuse, get rid of the lazy river, the pool slide, get rid of one of the 2 pools and downsize the remaining one to the size of a handkerchief, get rid of the atmosphere, get rid of the bowling alley, get rid of the fun, and ... tadaaaaa ... you have Endless Summer ...

Endless summer was designed to make it "as cheap as" universal would go, while competing with idrive accomodation re:space vs. cost
but, even though the resort looks nice, even though it's slightly cheaper than CB and quite chepaer than aventura or sapphire (all those not getting express passes) it's merely a short term stay hotel. You get beds with minimal amenities around it

you're staying for 7 nights, chances are you'll be experiencing the hotel. So a nicer hotel will always be nicer ...

At CBBR you have 2 options for family suite location
Interior Entry, and Exterior Entry (or corridors or whatever they now call them)
"Exterior" means it's on the pool slide courtyard, door opens to the livig area, window also in that area, but slightly smaller (due to the door being on the same side)
"Interior" means it's with interior corridors (right, lol) door opens to the living area, window is in the sleeping area and is wall to wall, floor to ceiling. and units are located on the lazy river courtyard

then for both "locations", there is standard (room view will be towards the outside... like parking lot, roads) and "poolview" (room will be on the inside, this does not mean you'll get a view of the pool, it means it's looking inside the couryard but a view of the pool is possible)

of course, each category has a different price.

ETA : did I mention CBBR was my favorite onsite hotel (re: value for money), it may not have come through :p :p :p
we spent nearly 2 months (combined) since it opened. My other favorite hotel is Portofino, but that's well over our current affordability

Love it 😍
So you would definitely say it's worth the extra £300 🤣
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by offtoseemickey View Post
Have you looked at aventura? It’s just a touch closer to the parks and next door to the beautiful sapphire falls. We used the pool at sapphire falls a few times when staying at aventura.
We could actually stay at sapphire falls for the same price as cabana bay but, and its a big but, the 5th sleeper would be on a roll out bed. It would be cramped for 7 nights.
😫
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

More expansive but we got connecting rooms at Aventura.
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Busyb
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I stayed at Cabana Bay in December in a family suite and didn't like it. It felt in need of an upgrade and everything was such a big walk. We are booked 7 nights for this August at Endless Summer and are staying in a 2 bedroom suite. However as you have said that you can get Sapphire Falls for the same price as Cabana Bay then I would consider that one as we walked over a couple of times to get the boat and it looked really nice. But if you want the space then I'd personally stay at endless summer even if it was the same price as Cabana Bay.
Busyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List