Notices

Old 9 May 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Not sure whether to try UltraSun this year as see so many favourable reviews, but have always used P20 in the past and don't know if should stick to it?.. 🤔🤔 love the suitcases - treated ourselves to new ones for this trip for this first time in forever (to quote a certain someone 😄 ) and so excited to use them! Enjoy the start of your packing!
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Not sure whether to try UltraSun this year as see so many favourable reviews, but have always used P20 in the past and don't know if should stick to it?.. 🤔🤔 love the suitcases - treated ourselves to new ones for this trip for this first time in forever (to quote a certain someone 😄 ) and so excited to use them! Enjoy the start of your packing!
We like P20 for pool and waterpark days, but much prefer Ultrasun for theme park days as it's not greasy like P20, and doesn't stain either

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 07:05 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Your countdown is coming along nicely now, less than a month until double digits. I do hate to wish the summer away though.

I am beyond stressed about the Extra, Extra Magic Hours. We were counting on doing Early Morning Magic at MK and HS our first two days, obviously that’s out the window now. Our 8.20 Tusker Hour ADR now just seems inconvenient and I am undecided about whether or not to keep Be Our Guest. It is ridiculous to have myself in such a tizz about something that should be a positive change!

I’m still hoping for a paid for evening event but I did see someone posting saying that this would be a logistical nightmare for Disney as the standby line for the attraction(s) will be so long that they would never be able to clear it in time for an event to start at park closing – it sadly makes a lot of sense.

I’ve started thinking about toiletries etc now, I always pick ours up with months to go too as there’s so much more available during the summer. Happy shopping and packing!
I’m with you on the stress of a positive thing! I agree about Tusker House too. I think if BoG was TS/character we’d have cancelled. Plus MK is always so much more relaxed for us as we just keep making FP.

I think paid for events seem a bit unlikely given the opening hours when we go. Even if they did do it I doubt we’d want to stay after 10pm. I’m not really sure what we’re hoping for!

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We like P20 for pool and waterpark days, but much prefer Ultrasun for theme park days as it's not greasy like P20, and doesn't stain either
That’s exactly why we switched to Ultrasun. I had a sample of it and found it so much less greasy that some others and lighter than the Piz Buin I’ve been using.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Wee toiletries:

Airport hotel collection

I love the single use sachets for the airport hotel and the flight!

Just in case we stay at Universal one night

I’m hoping to have enough of these to last 15 nights!

Feel Unique do a thing where each month you can buy 5 samples for the delivery charge of £3.95 (you get the £3.95 as a voucher if you then buy something). I love this for travel size items and I was able to get 3 sachets of the Clarins serum each time. Hoping to get enough for at least a few days of the holiday. I still need a couple of things but I love looking for them!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Wee toiletries:

Airport hotel collection

I love the single use sachets for the airport hotel and the flight!

Just in case we stay at Universal one night

I’m hoping to have enough of these to last 15 nights!

Feel Unique do a thing where each month you can buy 5 samples for the delivery charge of £3.95 (you get the £3.95 as a voucher if you then buy something). I love this for travel size items and I was able to get 3 sachets of the Clarins serum each time. Hoping to get enough for at least a few days of the holiday. I still need a couple of things but I love looking for them!
Some lovely toiletries there! Thanks for the feel unique tip 😊
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Lisa, don’t do this to me! I can’t look at food, I am allowed to talk about food, because that leads to ADRs. I’m now up to 6.

We are food twins, my list has Liberty Tree Tavern on it (but for lunch), Yak & Yeti (down to you!) and I very much want to do Garden Grill breakfast but I think I’ll pass on that one, as if we’re booking a breakfast, I’d prefer it to be a buffet.

When we downgraded to a Value we lost our $200 gift card, so we just have the $100 Refer-a-Friend one, so I can say our Yak & Yeti dinner is on you!

I definitely agree with foregoing Chef Art Smith’s in favour of Disney Springs QS. I’ve got a lot of places I’d like to try but I’m not sure how many we’ll actually go to! We definitely have to have Daily Poutine though, Nik really liked the poutine at the Food & Wine Festival.
Just thinking, since you’d be paying OOP anyway have you considered Fresh! at the Dolphin for a buffet breakfast? I was reading our dining report from last year and was reminded that really was an good buffet! Although I was thinking we might try and squeeze in The Wave this year...

Trip Report Index
Old 11 May 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Just thinking, since you’d be paying OOP anyway have you considered Fresh! at the Dolphin for a buffet breakfast? I was reading our dining report from last year and was reminded that really was an good buffet! Although I was thinking we might try and squeeze in The Wave this year...
Thanks Lisa, EEMH have basically killed off breakfast for us sadly. We will be OOP again next year though and I was a bit stuck for new breakfast options so I'll be floating that idea with the troops. I especially like it has no characters so will be nice and chilled.

I do hope you get to The Wave for those pancakes!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Thanks Lisa, EEMH have basically killed off breakfast for us sadly. We will be OOP again next year though and I was a bit stuck for new breakfast options so I'll be floating that idea with the troops. I especially like it has no characters so will be nice and chilled.

I do hope you get to The Wave for those pancakes!
Fresh was expensive but nice and of course we were staying within walking distance.

I really do want to try those pancakes!

Trip Report Index
Old 14 May 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Well I had an accommodation wobble this week. After booking CSR for next year (for the trip we may or may not be able to afford!) we started looking at YouTube videos. We really like the look of it and noticed there are preferred rooms available for our dates this year. So after toing and froing and tossing a coin and ignoring the coin we called Disney to change. Unfortunately the price on the website is cheaper than the free dining price so it was going to be more than I really wanted to pay. In the end we decided it was an unnecessary expense and have decided to stick with CBR. I do like CBR but kind of wishing now that we’d booked CSR originally and got a standard room. Anyway, it’s done now. Apparently we have until 7 days before so we may still change our minds!

Trip Report Index
Old 14 May 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Was it a big price jump Lisa? What's the current status on your Universal plans? Surely if you decide against Universal you can justify a bit extra for CSR, that's what I'd tell myself anyway haha.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List