Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Apr 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
welsh wizard
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I called my cc yesterday and they were lovely. As I have an email confirming the cancellation and refund amount and I purchased cancellation initially my cc are now dealing with it.
Old 21 Apr 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Checked credit card online today and my HE refund has been made. Couldn’t believe my eyes 😂
Chargeback done with Debenhams Credit card
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Well mine has been refunded for my cruise I missed last week. This however was also a complaint as they missold me.

I have another one in three weeks. Will have to see if that one is refunded or not. Problem is no one knows when Disney will completely reopen and that could be longer than the voucher lasts
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Checked credit card online today and my HE refund has been made. Couldn’t believe my eyes 😂
Chargeback done with Debenhams Credit card
Have done a claim back today with Tescos Credit card so fingers crossed that it works for me too!
Old 22 Apr 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
In the middle
First POST

Mobile

There is a Facebook group which I joined yesterday called Holiday Extras refunds. They have quite a lot of information on there. From what people are saying they are not giving any refunds now even if you had a cancellation waiver and cancelled before the lock down. They are all writing to reject them as there is don't quote me that the emails the CEO has been sending are they have no money. So the question is what happens if they go into administration?The vouchers will be of no use. They have some email addresses of the directors and are suggesting you do a section 75 on your credit card
In the middle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi all

I am in exactly the same position.

I booked our airport stopover hotel with 15 days parking, and paid the extra for the insurance.
I emailed to cancel in March and was told I would get a refund. After waiting I contacted them 3 times via email, then received a generic email saying I would be getting a voucher. I emailed back to say I rejected this, and was then told I would get a refund. That was on the 8th of April and still nothing
Old Key West JULY/AUGUST (18 nights, with a Universal hotel thrown in somewhere!) 2015
Old Key West JUNE 2020 (2 WEEKS)
smoggy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Christopher5927
Being a bit Goofy

coronavirus-business-com...ervice.gov.uk/

Use this site to report Holiday Extas appalling behaviour if you paid for insurance so you can cancel for a refund and they will just give you a voucher. I have.
And I’ve also got my credit card involved to recover my money. How on earth can they refuse to provide a refund when we paid extra to be able to get one if the booking was cancelled up until the day before?
Outrageous.

Edited at 07:15 AM.
Christopher5927 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Christopher5927 View Post

Use this site to report Holiday Extas appalling behaviour if you paid for insurance so you can cancel for a refund and they will just give you a voucher. I have.
And I’ve also got my credit card involved to recover my money. How on earth can they refine to provide a refund when we paid extra to be able to get one if the booking was cancelled up until the day before?
Outrageous.
I have not gone as far as the credit card route( Yet) but would also urge anyone impacted by Holiday ( lack of ) Extras to fill in the government complaint form

only take a couple of mins - I then tried emailing them again based on my rising ire at their fraudulent way of working.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Don't think they will be getting much repeat business once this is over. I would be fuming
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by chris123armit View Post
Have done a claim back today with Tescos Credit card so fingers crossed that it works for me too!
So an update from me... I joined the suggested Facebook group... followed the suggested steps -emailed the CEO & as I had cancelled on 14th March (& told them I had started a cc claim back & reported them to the CMA) I got a phone call from MN his PA & she issued a refund onto my credit card...
Will certainly NOT use them again!
But then again compared to the hassle I am having with Tui it was not so bad 🥴🤦🏽