Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Apr 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile How far in advance have/will you book flights

Dates for my trip are just starting to be released. I normally book long haul flights once all airlines have their pricing available but really watching the budget for this one. We go in April, when would you be looking to book? Do you think we're better off waiting not just for price but also with all the uncertainty of companies potentially being in financial difficulties after this virus pandemic?

It seems choice of airline is pretty minimal anyway!
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

If I found a price I was happy with, I’d book. Where are you flying to? I try to get close to £400 for LAX.
Old 19 Apr 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
If I found a price I was happy with, I’d book. Where are you flying to? I try to get close to £400 for LAX.
That puts to one side whether it’s wise to book or not at the moment (I’m not, my insurance no longer covers me for COVID 19 and I won’t book until it does)
Old 19 Apr 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Dates for my trip are just starting to be released. I normally book long haul flights once all airlines have their pricing available but really watching the budget for this one. We go in April, when would you be looking to book? Do you think we're better off waiting not just for price but also with all the uncertainty of companies potentially being in financial difficulties after this virus pandemic?

It seems choice of airline is pretty minimal anyway!
Definitely wait. Right now all new bookings are not covered for medical insurance.

Once things settle down from this phase and we move into the next phase, there may be changes again to travel insurance exclusions.

Its far too uncertain right to book and plan for 2021

I would do a dummy booking with your airline of choice and then just check back every few weeks.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Most likely fly into LAX though would prefer Santa Ana. Return would ideally be from San Diego but will do LAX if it's a considerable saving.

Thanks I think I just needed somebody to confirm my worry, it's probably not a good idea to try & sort it over the next month or 2. Maybe I'll just keep a close eye on prices & only book if a price pops up I can't say no to.

Happy enough to go with BA from Heathrow. Manchester is closer but always so expensive & less choice. Don't mind indirect on way out but it has to be direct on way home & ideally with a premium economy cabin.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

San Diego is usually quite expensive as only BA do a UK direct flight.

We usually go from our regional airport via Amsterdam with KLM and the prices don't really change much so book them closer to the time. Costs a little more than the big airports, but saves 3-4 hours of driving at either end, so really no different going indirect.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you. Our nearest airports are Birmingham & East mids, could possibly get an indirect with Lufthansa from them I think.
I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for the convenience of coming home from San Diego but I'm expecting it to be out of budget making LAX most likely. Even factoring in the cost of getting back there from SD. I do have some points to use with BA though so you never know!
Old 13 May 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I always book early- not now until Corona has gone.