Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Is going August 2021 a bad idea

Well hello again, having been for our once in a life time trip last year, the wife and I would like to plan again for next.
We where a little concerned about next year being crowded after hearing it’s the 50th anniversary.
No with covid putting people’s holidays off till next year we think it maybe even worse. Not to mention if we still have to social distance in anyway.

We thought last 2 weeks of August to avoid the Americans holidays but still think we may get stuck in large crowds unable to move
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Could go 2 ways i think! Mega busy as people have moved this years to next or with people losing jobs/ thinking it will be overbusy may not book! You just have to go with your instinct. You will have amazing time regardless.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t think the anniversary celebrations start until later in the year, after August? It’s a time we are considering, but I’m too nervous to book atm mostly in case it’s still masks, no character meets etc. We really don’t want to go with that stuff in place. I guess it’ll always be busy, for everyone rebooking there may be someone who has cancelled for the reasons we are concerned about.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post

It could be really busy because of the 50th and delayed trips from this year. In the other hand there could be lower crowds due to a downturn in the economy or maybe a reduced experience. It’s really impossible to say, but if you want to go then start planning.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We have booked for the first 2 weeks in September 2021 and I agree it could go either way. It may be rammed packed due to the 50th celebrations or it may be quiet due to the economy and people losing their jobs. Either way we will still have a great time. I'm sure that some of the measures that are being put in place will still be ongoing, however maybe things like wearing a mask will have been eased.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Hi
Its only going to be as busy as Disney allow.
We are going in August 2021.
I Stopped worrying about crowds as soon as we knew that we would always have to go in summer Hols with school kids
Just get to the park at rope drop, get your fastpasses in advance and have a good plan.

How Disney are going to operate the parks may well be vastly diffrent to what we have known, i am sure crowd control will be part of it.

Thanks
Old 27 May 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida virgin
Imagineer

We're going August 2021 - but not doing Disney - going to do 5 nights in Orlando doing IOA, US, SW and 2 water parks - then down to Clearwater for some sun, sea and sand.
Old 27 May 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

I think the 50TH CELEBRATIONS DISNEY START DATE 1ST October 2021
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

Mobile

We are booking later this evening, due to our flights this year being cancelled.
It's been busy every August, at times it's at capacity.
Going during the 50th Anniversary is just amazing, foolish to miss it.
I have spoken direct to Disney, and had an email confirmation regarding booking now, and having the option of adding free dining when it comes out at no extra charge.
7 nights AK, 6 nights Contemporary.
Book it, you won't regret it!
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 1RGJ View Post
We are booking later this evening, due to our flights this year being cancelled.
It's been busy every August, at times it's at capacity.
Going during the 50th Anniversary is just amazing, foolish to miss it.
I have spoken direct to Disney, and had an email confirmation regarding booking now, and having the option of adding free dining when it comes out at no extra charge.
7 nights AK, 6 nights Contemporary.
Book it, you won't regret it!
Did you do this via email? If so which address did you use? We are desperate to book for august 2021 and waiting for them to release free Disney dining. Iv noticed today that our dates at POR have increased by £350 which normally happens just before release. It would be great to get it booked and then add it on if/when it’s released. Iv seen people being told mixed things about this though
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List