Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Mar 02, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post

done one of the timeshare walk arounds to get free tickets?

We have once. It was with Airtours for their own property. Supposdley you actually own a lease and can sell it blah. Mortgage through Abbey National etc all british staff excellent opp to join a hoilday swap club.

Well besides all that what did you get free.

We got

Breakfast vouchers at Golden Corral
$10 for gas despite that its round the corner from SW 1 mile from our hotel
2 x IOA tickets(the only reason we went)
Bottle of wine
Lunch
And 15 follow up calls.

We were there a total of 3 hours. Included was the hour for lunch.

Not bad for a mornings work!!!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 02, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The $64,000,000 question it Muppet:

Is it worth missing a morning in the Parks for?
Noooooooooooo...

I read somewhere that these places are legally only allowed to keep you for 90 minutes in order for you to get the free (or cheap) tickets.  I suppose if your'e hard enough to resist the hard sell then it may be worthwhile.  Not me though - i'd crumble and sign up for life  .
Old 8 Mar 02, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post

3 hours for $93 woth of tickets

Uh yes - for me anyhow
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 02, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
we went to one in Orlando once -because we had supposedly won a major prize - I can' t actually believe we were so stupid as to believe we would get a video camera (the star prize) - after about 30 minutes the rep giving us the tour told us to make our excuses and leave- she could tell we weren't going to buy anything  - we didn' t get the prize but I think we escaped the 3 hour hard sales pitch that was coming.

Never again

Bev
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 02, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TracyK
slightly serious Dibber

I went to one at the Vistana.  We were approached at our hotel and I asked what was expected of me.  I was told that I had to stay 2 hours and I'd get a free ticket to Sea World and breakfast thrown in. They picked DS and myself up from the hotel at 7.30 in the morning.  We had our breakfast, DS played on the playground while I listened to some of the blurb and then I insisted we'd done our time, picked up my ticket and even got a complimentary shuttle back to the hotel.  We were able to have a full day at the park.  They might be insistent but I'm even more so.  
Tracy
TracyK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 02, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

We went to one, on a non park day.  It was the Vistanna resort also and it was a really hard sell.  The breakfast was eating a donut while a sales rep talked to you.  I have a problem eating sugary foods in front of a person trying to sell me something!!

The resort was really nice, and the price matched it!  When we said that we had not intention of buying they reduced the price.  Again we insisted that we were not interested, he brought his manager over to reduce the price further.  Eventually we got out of there with our free vouchers.  You know I can not remember what they gave us!

In 1993 we went to see the Disney Vacation club.  Now that was great, we had cookies and lemonade to start with.  Then we had a tour of the building, followed by a very laid back sales pitch.  We wanted it, but could not afford it then.  They said go away and think about it.  We were then given an ice cream sunda.  They also took our picture and posted it to us.  We did buy eventually but  not until 1998
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread