Notices

Old 25 May 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can’t wait to find out what you think of CSR. Friends have just returned and they loved it. I’m going to stick with CBR mainly as the youngest loves Jack Sparrow so I think she’ll like the theme of being in the Caribbean. I’ve not been before so I suppose the Skyliner can’t completely ruin it for me as I never saw it before. Also it’s my excuse to go back again as I really want to try CSR!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Great set booking for the bubble! We've only ever flown with virgin once and that was ok our first trip to the magic! We've never been in the bubble either. I hope you do get off ahead of all the hoards.

I'm glad you're not giving up on CBR OB1...

I've been worrying about it, but of course if you are there next year there is an added benefit xxx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Hopefully that seat will be free, in all the times Nik and I have flown just the two of us we've only had a spare seat in the row once. We were so nervous waiting for the gate to close so we knew for sure it would be vacant!

I saw a video of CBR with the gondolas going overhead and I think you've made the right decision to move. I feel as though the tower and the new restaurant on the lake at CSR impact the feel of it but they are nothing compared to the Skyliner. The ambience at CBR is completely ruined and I can't foresee us staying there ever again, despite me loving the resort last year. It's very sad.
I’m going to assume it’ll be taken but I know I’ll be praying for it to be free!

It’s such a shame about CBR. We really enjoyed our last stay there. If you’re renting DVC next year though you’ll get something better.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Can’t wait to find out what you think of CSR. Friends have just returned and they loved it. I’m going to stick with CBR mainly as the youngest loves Jack Sparrow so I think she’ll like the theme of being in the Caribbean. I’ve not been before so I suppose the Skyliner can’t completely ruin it for me as I never saw it before. Also it’s my excuse to go back again as I really want to try CSR!
I’m hoping it’s our new favourite since we have it booked next year too!

CBR will be fine I’m sure. It is a lovely resort and hopefully the Skyliner will be a positive for you.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Great set booking for the bubble! We've only ever flown with virgin once and that was ok our first trip to the magic! We've never been in the bubble either. I hope you do get off ahead of all the hoards.

I've been worrying about it, but of course if you are there next year there is an added benefit xxx
Even if we get off ahead of some of them!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you wobble and change your mind you better tell me, I’ve got cocktails at Banana Cabana already pencilled in for us at sometime at least! I’m actually more worried about going at the end of July instead of August😳 I’ve even found a possible holiday for this July to trial run it but haven’t pressed book yet as I’m trying to play it cool in the hope that a Newcastle or Scotland holiday may appear on my radar...
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Only a couple of days to go before by double digit day but at that point where there's nothing to do but wait, save and diet! I have been fiddling with the plan though and no doubt it'll be fiddled with again if there's any option to do a paid for event/tour in Galaxy's Edge or if reports in the two weeks before we go say the crowds are horrific.

Pre-travel & travel day - Spend the night in the Holiday Inn at Glasgow Airport. Breakfast in hotel before checking in as early as possible and relaxing in the Upper Deck lounger before the flight. Seats in the "bubble" hopefully allowing us to get off quickly and get to the resort at a decent time. Arrive at CSR and have dinner in the Mercado de Coronado.

Day 1 - DHS assuming the reports are that it's manageable. We'll book FP starting around 9am and aim to be out the park by lunch. Both lunch and dinner will be QS and flexible depending on how we feel but I would like to go to Disney Springs.

Day 2 - Still MK with an early BoG breakfast. Aiming to be there for EEMH and have left our BoG booking as we'll probably be hungry anyway. FP will be booked for after this.

Day 3 - Now AK, again hoping to be up for EEMH. Colossal Cinnamon Bun for second breakfast as per last year and QS for lunch and dinner.

Day 4 - possibly now a later start at MK with dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. I did have this booked for the second Sunday but changed my mind as I got a better time on this day. I was hoping to get a BoG lunch booking but now I'm thinking just leave it as we may not want to be in the park that early.

Day 5 - Still Epcot as I have Garden Grill booked for 8.05am. We'll have a relaxed Epcot day with Food & Wine eats!

Day 6 - Pencilled in as DHS but it's really going to depend on the GE crowds.

Day 7 - My birthday and now planned as MK with breakfast at The Wave. Well so far. This will be something like our 3rd or 4th attempt at breakfast here! I also considered BoG lunch but only because I want a Masters Cupcake! We have dinner booked at The Yachtsman.

Day 8 - Had originally been AK EMH so I've just kept it as I think it'll be the quietest park on a Saturday. Hopefully an early FoP FP and finish in the park early. We might visit a resort for dinner and try a QS option we haven't been to before.

Day 9 - I'm thinking this may be our AK evening with dinner at Yak & Yeti. I don't have it booked as we don't need to with the Landry Card but if I see a slot I'll book it.

Days 10&11 - now scheduled to be Universal in case we decide to stay overnight. I wanted a non HHN night so we could enjoy US later into the evening if we wanted.

Day 12 - Epcot and some more F&W offerings. Possibly a later start.

Day 13 - DHS again crowds permitting.

Day 14 - MK with BoG lunch.

Day 15 - AK morning. I did consider switching AK and MK however this is our travel home day and I felt that we'd be quicker in AK. Plus I want to ride FoP on my last day. Our flight is 6.15pm so we have until lunch time.

So that's the current plan. I suspect we will book a Universal hotel but we discussed if it was a choice between that and a paid for Galaxy's Edge thing we'd choose Star Wars! We really have until the last minute to decide on a Universal Hotel though as prices don't really change much.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Exciting that you are nearly at double digits. It looks like a great plan. It's so hard to know what will happen with galaxies edge and how that will affect crowds everywhere else. Have you watched may of the vlogs from Disneyland. I've become obsessed by them the last couple of days! From watching people doing walk throughs of the land to people drinking the green and blue milk. It looks stunning. I'm so sad we are going at the beginning of August and so will have to wait until 2020 to see it all!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Exciting that you are nearly at double digits. It looks like a great plan. It's so hard to know what will happen with galaxies edge and how that will affect crowds everywhere else. Have you watched may of the vlogs from Disneyland. I've become obsessed by them the last couple of days! From watching people doing walk throughs of the land to people drinking the green and blue milk. It looks stunning. I'm so sad we are going at the beginning of August and so will have to wait until 2020 to see it all!
Yes we’ve watched a few and I agree it looks amazing. I think it’s giving a false impression of what it’ll be like at DHS though since they did the reservation system. There didn’t seem to be hoards of people or huge lengthy queues for Smugglers Run like I anticipate there will be at DHS. It just looked so much more manageable.

I do think if we get in at all I’ll be over the moon!

Trip Report Index
Old 3 Jun 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Wow double digit day sounds scary, I am looking forward to the cooler weather in October (and crossing my fingers for less rain), but I’ll be sad when September arrives and we still have a month to wait.

I’m looking forward to hearing about your experience at Upper Deck, I was contemplating a lounge for this year.

I’m glad to hear you’ve kept your Be Our Guest breakfast. I’ve got one for 7.55 on Day One, it seems a waste of EEH time, but like you say, we have to eat!

I had to laugh at your 4th attempt at The Wave. Dinner at Yachtsman sounds like the perfect choice, I am really sad we’re not going there this year.

I can’t wait to hear all about your GE experience. I am very interested to see how it compares to DL too.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Wow double digit day sounds scary, I am looking forward to the cooler weather in October (and crossing my fingers for less rain), but I’ll be sad when September arrives and we still have a month to wait.

I’m looking forward to hearing about your experience at Upper Deck, I was contemplating a lounge for this year.

I’m glad to hear you’ve kept your Be Our Guest breakfast. I’ve got one for 7.55 on Day One, it seems a waste of EEH time, but like you say, we have to eat!

I had to laugh at your 4th attempt at The Wave. Dinner at Yachtsman sounds like the perfect choice, I am really sad we’re not going there this year.

I can’t wait to hear all about your GE experience. I am very interested to see how it compares to DL too.
I know! It’s DD day now!

I’ll try and post about Upper Deck on the day.

I’m determined we keep this Wave ADR!

Trip Report Index
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Happy double digits day!
I’m so excited for your trip, I can’t wait to hear all about Galaxy Edge. I think I’m a bit like you I would just be over the moon if I actually got my foot in the place! The uncertainty makes the planning a bit of a pain but you have a few options to play with.