Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 26 Feb 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Amway Center parking and eating places.

We have bagged 4 tickets in March for Orlando Magic v Sacramento Knicks. Never been here before had a look on google maps and looks right off the I4 so hopefully not a issue to get there with our car.
Questions are where would people park don’t mind paying for official parking if it means it’s easy to get to and safe. Would hate to try and save a few $’s but get stressed trying to navigate somewhere I’m unsure.
Secondly is there much around to get some food again either fast food or sit down places open for options. Would prefer to park up and walk to food and then the game.
Finally what time does it normally finish? Never really followed basketball but always like to try something new
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUKinOrlando
Imagineer

We've paid to park at the Amway. It's much easier than parking on the other side of the I-4, just not as cheap. However, the other side of I-4 is where the restaurants are...around the Church Street area. There are quite a few options inside the Arena, mostly fast food.

Finish time..it can vary, depending on tip off time. A game usually lasts about 2 hours if it doesn't go into overtime. Go about 30-45 minutes before the game starts, you can visit the shops and entertainment areas..have your photo taken with a cheerleader etc.

It's a great evening out, you'll enjoy it.
MarkUKinOrlando is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree with Mark. I always just park at the official garage. If you put "Geico Garage" in Google maps etc it will take you straight to it. It costs $15 and isn't that much more than the other options. There is a bridge straight into the arena so you don't even have to cross the street.

For some popular games it can get full but if you are arriving early you will be fine. I have only ever had time to grab something inside but Church St is the place to go if you want a sit down meal before. The atmosphere inside the arena is very family friendly and there are plenty of options for food etc so you might not want to bother. They make the games very entertaining as well with all the extras, I am sure you will enjoy it.
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:51 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks guys that sounds good. Like I said first time but looking forward to it.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

I'm hopefully off to see the Solar Bears in March, so this is all very useful info, thanks all.
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I agree with Mark. I always just park at the official garage. If you put "Geico Garage" in Google maps etc it will take you straight to it. It costs $15 and isn't that much more than the other options. There is a bridge straight into the arena so you don't even have to cross the street.
Hi Donna, can I ask a quick question?
The attendance for a Solar Bears game will be smaller than for a major gig or the NBA, so I would imagine no issue getting in, but do you know if you need to book parking in the Geico in advance (and pay those annoying Ticketmaster fees) or can you pay on the day with Cash/Credit Card?

Edited at 03:32 PM.
Northerndave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
Hi Donna, can I ask a quick question?
The attendance for a Solar Bears game will be smaller than for a major gig or the NBA, so I would imagine no issue getting in, but do you know if you need to book parking in the Geico in advance (and pay those annoying Ticketmaster fees) or can you pay on the day with Cash/Credit Card?
You are right about the attendance being smaller. We went to the Solar Bears recently and the top tier was curtained off. The only time we had an issue for a Magic game was when we arrived last minute.

Arriving early for a Magic game we had no problems not booking in advance and just paying cash. There are enough other options nearby that I wouldn't about pre booking.
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
You are right about the attendance being smaller. We went to the Solar Bears recently and the top tier was curtained off. The only time we had an issue for a Magic game was when we arrived last minute.

Arriving early for a Magic game we had no problems not booking in advance and just paying cash. There are enough other options nearby that I wouldn't about pre booking.
Brilliant, thanks Donna.
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

Try Hamburger Mary's on Church Street for food (sit in). its just the other side of the I4 underpass from Amway.

hamburgermarys/orlando/

Edited at 11:19 PM.
N52939 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by N52939 View Post
Try Hamburger Mary's on Church Street for food (sit in). its just the other side of the I4 underpass from Amway.

hamburgermarys/orlando/
Not sure about that, seems a bit of a drag.

Edited at 01:44 AM.
Northerndave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List