Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Apr 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Afitos
slightly serious Dibber

Vegas Hotels

Hi,

Like everyone else I have a lot of time on my hands (our pub has had to shut) .

I thought I would spend my time constructively planning a road trip from San Fran to Davenport !

My question is where do people book Vegas hotels and is it usual to be paying around $200 - $300 a night for a room ? I did want to be on the strip if possible .

Am I missing some booking tips ?

We were planning to go Nov this year but I am now just planning 'for whenever' perhaps April 2020 ? Who knows really.

Thanks in advance

Sally
Afitos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have booked Caesars palace for this August and paid just under £400 for 4 nights.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We use booking.com a lot, but would also check directly with the hotels for offers. Cost depends on where you want to stay, we have 2 nights , 24th and 25th December this year booked at NYNY for £150. It’s on the strip but maybe 15 min walk from the bellagio.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Best prices for Vegas hotels tend to be within 2 to 4 months beforehand. Only exception to this is if your dates fall at the same time as a big conference (you can check when big events are happening they are all planned ahead for the year and dates posted online) as at those times the whole of Vegas tends to be full up with conference goers, corporate clients etc

I'd expect to pay around $150 per night for a decent hotel on the Strip but don't forget you'll need to factor in the resort fee which at most hotels ends up being another $35+ (plus tax) per night but is payable locally (can't be pre-paid)

Happy planning!
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Those prices seem high but given Vegas is basically shut right now, it may be that the pricing models aren’t working as usual!

We’ve been in November a few times and have never paid as much as that.

Soraia’s advice is very good. Sometimes you can’t avoid a big event and it will effect prices a lot. Our last November stay was at Bally’s for seven nights at $780 plus resort fee. But the Saturday night was the Rock N Roll Marathon and cost me $240.

So one night was $240
The remaining six nights ranged from $55 to $130.

So the days / dates you stay make a massive difference.

At other times of year we’ve been lucky and got the Venetian, Vdara, M Bay for well under $100/night (excluding weekends).
Old 10 Apr 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Depends on when you want to go and if there's a conference on, also weekends are much higher. I got a bargain last year and paid £80pn for the Venetian.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
I was also going to post that weekend prices are much higher so if you are able to plan a weekday stay, that will bring down the cost.

Debra
Old 10 Apr 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

We booked with agoda for the cosmopolitan, it was an excellent hotel.
We booked it in September for the April. I found our price we got was never beat by any hotel provider. ( I checked most weeks, I did actually think when we got to Vegas we wouldn’t be able to check in as it was a con because we got such a great price)
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sbuck93 View Post
Depends on when you want to go and if there's a conference on, also weekends are much higher. I got a bargain last year and paid £80pn for the Venetian.
My best ever deal was the Venetian for $80 and the exchange rate was a lot better than now too. It’s my absolute favourite Vegas hotel yet.
Old 10 Apr 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by swiper View Post
We booked with agoda for the cosmopolitan, it was an excellent hotel.
We booked it in September for the April. I found our price we got was never beat by any hotel provider. ( I checked most weeks, I did actually think when we got to Vegas we wouldn’t be able to check in as it was a con because we got such a great price)
I absolutely love the Cosmo and have spent far too much in the bars and restaurants there but I have never found it for under £200/night which is well over my Vegas ceiling. Fingers crossed I’ll manage it one day!