Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Mar 02, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

I have always found the flight only prices to be cheaper, but the tension of waiting until the 11month window seems to much sometimes. I booked my October flight 18 months in advance, but I think I will take the car this time. One thing that annoys me is we had to pay about $130 in handling charges and tax's. I knew about the tax, but not the handling charge.

We have used the Amex insurance and it is great, but we are going to use Natwest this time, as it is a lot cheaper.
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 02, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney BB

Re the last post can you tell me who you managed to book 18 months in advance with?

I can't seem to book beyond Eeaster 2003 at the moment

Would welcome any help re this as looking to book August 2003

Rick
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 02, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

Defender -

We booked the beginning of May 01 for October 02.  That is when the next Virgin broucher comes out.  You could try phoning the Virgin travel store, they have always been helpful.
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 02, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
we booked may 01 for november2002 going through virgin direct, the number inside their brochure. we needed specific dates as my husband is a merchant seaman and we know his working rotas up to 2 years in advance. they were extremely helpful and we got our dates but a friend who tried to book the same 3 weeks as us in  the late september couldnt get a flight the same day. .
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 02, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
theFatman
Excited about Disney

with Virgin I think its a lot to do with the validity of the current brouchure, so sometimes you can book say 20 months in advance others on 15 depending on the latest brouchure expiry.

I know last August 2001 we booked our October 2002 cruise with Virgin and even then (as it includes half term) we couldn't get the return flights we wanted, they'd sold out.
  • Carnival GLORY 04
  • RCCL 7 times 05,06,07,08,08,09,09
theFatman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 02, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
the whole package, flight car and hotel, does this make a difference to when you can book?
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 02, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
when we booked direct with virgin, we checked the price of our deal with our local travel agent, the exact same package through the travel agent worked out at over £400.00 more than booking through virgin direct.  virgin direct gave us all sorts of early booking discounts etc and for our 3 weeks we feel we have a very good price.
Old 13 Mar 02, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

Silver - It was fly drive, I used to book flight only, but it is getting so popular the October 1/2 term that I lost my nerve and booked the fly drive. It isn't that much more, and you get peace of mind. If the holiday didn't include school holidays then I would wait for the flight only price to come out. We want to go easter 2004 and I will book a flydrive for that as soon as I can. But from the sounds of it the april 2003 is not available yet ? Is that right ?
Old 13 Mar 02, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Carole
Imagineer

We've booked the complete holiday including fly drive, with Virgin, 18 months in advance several times. We do this by getting the brochure as soon as it's out. Usually April/May. Our travel agent can also pre-book for us, before the brochure comes out, but with prices to be confirmed when the brochure is released. So far we haven't had any problems getting the flight we wanted.
This year we've used Virgin direct and I feel that we got a reasonable deal.
2007 - BCV, AKV
2008 - Las Vegas, BCV, AKV, St Petes
2009 - VB, Key West, Miami, BCV, AKV
2010 - OKW, Hard Rock Hotel, BCV
2011 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
2013 - BCV, AKV, 2014 - AKV, BCV, RPR
2016 - BCV, AKV, 2017 - AKV, Royal Pacific, Coronado Springs
Carole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 02, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

I really wouldn't risk waiting until 11 months out for the October half term dates!

As others have already said, it's not unusual for those flights to sell out a long time in advance.  We booked for Oct 2002 back in July 2001, and at that time there were only two 'spare' seats left with Virgin after we'd booked ours (although other operators presumably had their allocation as well).

Good luck
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread