Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Mar 02, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post

My mind is obviously working overtime tonight - don't worry, it won't last! .

We will only have one opportunity to view The Fantasy in the Sky fireworks during our trip.I think is was Lisag who suggested on the old site that the Poly beach would be a good place to view them, which sounds really romantic, but now I'm thinking whether we would lose any of the effect by watching them from there? Unfortunately, Spectromagic isn't on whilst we are there, so I think that FIS will probably be our main firework fix. I really like fireworks, but they do make me scream quite loudly!! .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 02, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Louise,

I'll probably get shot for saying this,  but the FITS fireworks are ok but they aren't really spectacular - my dh was a bit disappointed in them.  I would think that whereever you saw them from you would get a nice view,  but I wouldn't worry about needing a particularly good view.

NOW - if you want to see some fireworks worth talking about,  you need to see Illuminatoins at Epcot  - they are some cool fireworks and it's well worth finding a good spot to view them from.

bev

.  (sad face from Katie who is cross because she has to go to bed)
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 02, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I really like the MK fireworks, although they aren't nearly as spectacular as EPCOTs.  You could always rent one of the boats that go from FW and watch them from the bay, Louise.  That really is magical!
Old 11 Mar 02, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post

I'll second that ANGEL !!

Best view in Epcot and if you get 10 people in your boat... it only works out at $12 a head plus tip, plus no heads bobbing up and down to annoy you!

mike
Old 11 Mar 02, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Bev - I've got Illuminations on my list too. I suppose I just thought FIS would be better because it's not on every day!

Angel - I've read in trip reports about pontoons, are they the boats? I think they are quite pricey aren't they, and bf wants to do one of those warfarer aerobatic plane rides too, so I don't think the budget will stretch that far! .
Old 11 Mar 02, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
The Illuminations boat is $120,  I would imagine that the FITS boat would be a similar price.  It is a lot for one family, but we are sharing our boat with 10 people,  so as mike says,  it's only $12 per person which is pretty reasonable.

Bev
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 02, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Ok, so now you've wetted my appetite, where do I find another 8 people from?
Old 11 Mar 02, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
that;s the easy part - the hard part is booking the boat - you need to book exactly 120 days out,  and call right at noon when Disney opens as there are not many boats and they sell out quickly.  Saying that I called at 2pm and still managed to get one.

once you have got a boat,  or if you can't manage to get one yourself,  you go onto the Dis and they have a list of people who have boats, or who are looking for places - it's called Illuminations Central and it's in the Theme Parks board pinned to the top of the board.  or You can click here

bev
Old 12 Mar 02, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mapman
Cream Tea anyone ?

mapman's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Louise - DO NOT MISS IllumiNations (or Tapestry of Dreams parade) at Epcot - they are both awesome - you will not have experienced any thing like it in this country - also, Fantasmic at MGM was a highlight for us.

You can see the display at Epcot from all around the World Showcase.

Brilliant - I keep watching our video of these  .

Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.

My Orlando Map - http://www.orlandomaps.co.uk
mapman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 02, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
we booked at table at the Rose and Crown for 7:30 - just as we were getting ready for dessert it was time for Illuminatoins,  and we had a fantastic view.  You need to ask for a patio table - but they won't guarantee you will get one.

Otherwise,  I've heard the bridge between uk and france is excellent,  but people start to stake out the spots pretty early.

Bev
Closed Thread