Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Mar 02, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
someone hsa emailed me asking to join our Illuminations cruise, which is great,  but she has a 2.5 year old and was wondering if it would be suitable for a toddler or not - since I haven't done it,  I couldn't really say

Does anyone know?

bev
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 02, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
They do give young children life vests bev, but I'll leave it to someone who has expereince of this to answer properly.
Old 5 Mar 02, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Bev,
when your stood in the boat the sides are about 2 foot high, there are leather clad bench seats and life jackets are compulsory for kids.
I would say as long as the toddler was watched and not allowed to run amok in the boat then I'd be quite happy to take a toddler.
Old 6 Mar 02, 02:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Bev,
Having done a couple of Illuminations Cruise it's safe enough for young ones... question I'd be asking myself is " Do I want somebody else's 2 year old with all the potential hassle it could bring... ?"  
We shared with 2 ADULT ( allegedly)  NewYorkers last time and I could have happily slung him overboard... !!? !!

mike
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 02, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi Mike - nice to see you here.

Actually the family with the 2 year old have now decided not to do the cruise,  in case he was a grumpy 2 year old and decided to throw a tantrum.

I know where you're coming from,  but since Katie will only be 4 and is equally likely to throw a strop I didn't feel I could say no on those grounds.

Bev
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 02, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Bev,
Thanks for the warm welcome... got your Gameboy sorted yet btw?
At 4 Katie should be Ok and not throw a strop ... the boat captains are usually pretty entertaining guys, they'll organise little quizzes for the kids ... luckily you won't have Silver on your cruise or she'll keep shouting out the answers..!! and they have some entertaining stories for everyone. If you're at the Dis meet at South Shields I'll tell you about the animatronic ducks on the lagoon... Disney's best kept secret!?!?

Are you going from the Y&B Club ?    If so don't forget to get your hot chocolate from Beaches and Cream for the cruise.

I AM SO JEALOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 02, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi Mike,

we've kinda got the Gameboy sorted - I went and bought a color game (Noddy) which didn't work,  turns out you have to check the box,  only some of the color games work, and this one didn't - so I took it back yesterday which was fine, and I bought a pre-owned black and white game,  the Smurfs (£3&#33. - this works fine but Katie insists that it's too hard and she 'needs' the Noddy game instead...  

we will be at the Dis meet in South Shields - so we can compare notes,  as we'll have been by then - Katie was just talking about 'her friends on the beach' this morning - she wants us to go to the beach tomorrow (I think she thinks you will all be sitting there waiting for her) I tried explaining about July but it;s such a long way off she doesn't really get it.

Yes - we are going from the Yacht and Beach Club,   I think it should be a good trip,  I've got a couple more people who are interested,  so we should have a full boat.

Bev
Old 8 Mar 02, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We shared with 2 ADULT ( allegedly)  NewYorkers last time and I could have happily slung him overboard... !!? !!

</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

I know exactly what you mean Mike,  we shared a table at the, now happily defunct, King Henry's Feast.  The guy was supposed to be in charge of getting the food for the table but was too busy telling his (very long and boring) life story to us all.  We went to McDonalds on the way back !!