Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Aug 19, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

Mobile Baulys offsite - Live Aug 19 day 3

#Baulysoffsite Day 3

Today was Kennedy day, which we were all looking forward too.
Had our usual breakfasts of bagels, cereal, and fruit and were on our way at around 8.
Was a nice traffic free journey, and we arrived at around 9.15.

We went straight to do the bus tour which takes around 45 mins and shows you the VAB and all the different launchpads. I had read on here to sit on the right hand side of the coach and it definatly was the better side to sit. The tour was really interesting and as it was also a launch day there were extra things happening and things to see.

You are then dropped of at the appolo center. There is quite a lot to do over here and you could spend a couple of hours here, looking at the different exhibits.

When you get on the bus tour you have to leave your buggy and cant take it with you, but when you get off the bus at the other side they have free buggys that they let you borrow for your time over there, which I thought was really good.

While we were over here, we grabbed some lunch from the moon rock cafe. We had fruit, fries and nuggets and it was actually all really tasty for theme park food.

After lunch we grabbed the bus back to the main center and went in to the space shuttle atlantis building. When we were in there me, adam, dad and phoebe went on the shuttle launch experience and darcey and finley had a nap. This was a good ride and phoebe really enjoyed it. We spent a while looking around.

We left and it had obviously been raining really heavy and there was lots of impressive lightning and thunder around. We spent another hour or so looking around the different areas and then the kids all spent a while in the gift shop.

When we decided to come to kennedy today we didnt know that there was a space launch due, and when we got there and was told I was worried it would be really busy, but actually I thought it was really resonable and not busy at all. We would have loved to stay to watch the launch, but as there were no guarantees it would def go ahead, we didnt think it was fair on the kids.

We left there at 4pm and drove straight into a really heavy storm, it was really heavy rain and so hard to see when driving but thankfully only lasted 10-15 mins. We then had an easy hour journey home. We did see an alligator laying on the side of the road, not sure if it was dead or alive but really cool to see.

We then went straight to millers ale house for dinner, we did enjoy it here but not as nice as yesterdays meal at mannys and my dad and adams steak was pretty tough even thought they asked for it to be cooked medium. Kids eat free on a tuesday at millers. We had

C- Zinger mountain melt and fanta
A- steak and fries
S- chicken salad
M- steak and fries
P- meatballs and spagetti
D- meatballs and spagetti
F- hot dog and fries

We left millers and was home around 7.30 and we just sat and chilled for a while before going to bed

Spends
Kennedy parking $10
Lunch $53.82
Mug $13
Millers all house $73 with tip

Thanks for reading- Busch gardens tomorrow

chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List