Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jun 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by chrisblanc View Post
Terrible decision
Completely agree don't believe for a minute it was already in hand. This is one of the great Disney classics that should never be touched. Shameful kowtowing to political correctness. There are many things in this world that need to be addressed with regard to equality and diversity but changing this ride isn't one of them. Utter madness Disney, hang your heads in shame to those who sanctioned this.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
arhclo
slightly serious Dibber

Advanced Woke-ology 101
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rayer72
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Surely Pirate of the Carrabean is worse.. they killed, raped, stole and had slaves ?
Rayer72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rayer72 View Post
Surely Pirate of the Carrabean is worse.. they killed, raped, stole and had slaves ?
I think the scene they used to have, where they were selling ladies, has been changed though 😂

I like the idea of a princess and the frog theme. I've never actually seen song of the south and of course i doubt I ever will now.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Princess and the Frog is one of my favourite films and deserves its own attraction.

I don’t think they should change Splash Mountain though. It’s a no from me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
wonderly93
Getting to know the DIBB

I am up for this! Having it based on the SoTS was always going to be a sore point and tbh the ride needed some work done anyway so why not do it at the same time. Things change!
wonderly93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

More virtue signalling in a woke ridden world... if this is true...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sastley1878
Excited about Disney

Wonder what'll be next?!
Will "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" be phased out of all park and resort ambience music too? Sad times if so.

Edited at 08:33 PM.
sastley1878 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Times move on. It's based on a film that's not even on Disney+ so that already tells you that Disney weren't particularly proud of this part of their history. The BLM movement probably kicked this idea up a notch.

I loved the ride and always will, but Imagineering will do it's very best I'm sure. Walt never wanted a museum.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Good news. Needs a refurb. The ride looks dated and based on an old racist 1946 movie that nobody under 50 has seen. Time to move on.

I suspect a live action remake Princess and the Frog movie will arrive around the same when it opens.

Looking forward to the refurbished ride. Something fresh, new and more relevant.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread