Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jun 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
They didn't come to the conclusion that FP lines were higher risk than normal lines.

They had to comply with social distancing restrictions and so couldn't have two lines running at the same time where there were choke points as the two lines merged. So they temporarily got rid of one of the lines. I'm not really sure it was necessary, but there we go.

Funnily enough, some people seem to think that the queues and wait times weren't as bad back in the 1990s as they were in the 2010s. For them, being back like the 90s would be a good thing.
I didn't think about that, my bad. I guess they could have altered some attractions like Splash mountain or space with perspects, but I'm not sure on the effectiveness or practicality doing that. Also didn't think about the standby times.

And I wouldn't mind a flash back to the 90s, some nostalgia 😁😁
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Jamie99 View Post
This is why I’m switching to universal. They have had express pass throughout
Which makes it pretty clear that Disney didn't have to remove their fastpass queue if they had wanted to keep it. It's almost like they did it on purpose for another reason - such as introducing a new (paid) fastpass system.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Kram
Trying for More Ears

wdwnt/2021/06/addition-o...FzU0FLdk6atLWY
Kram is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Disney's idea of less people queuing, more people spending is nonsense. Most families have a budget, and when its spent its spent. During the day there is only so much food and drink you can eat (or afford) and only so much time over the holiday you can tolerate looking at the same items in the shops, and again afford.
So virtual queues would just mean more people wandering around the parks doing nothing and potentially reducing the park capacity. Reducing park capacity would mean less income from the gates, less people buying food/drink and less people in the shops.

So many people complained about FP, but it actually worked and virtual queues will be worst.

Originally Posted by Kram View Post
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Disney's idea of less people queuing, more people spending is nonsense.
It's not nonsense - there have been studies showing people tend to spend more - but you've missed out a step in the middle:

Less queuing = happier guests = guests willing to spend more.

Most people rarely have a specific budget that they will religious stick to; they rarely say "I'm going to spend $100 in this park today" and then spend exactly $100 dollars. Many of us may have a maximum amount in mind that we will spend but we would initially aim to spend less, however we could be tempted to spend up to our maximum if the conditions were right. Plus many of us have credit cards which allow us to spend beyond our current budget and pay off (or regret) later.

We might only be tempted to spend $5 more here and $10 more there - which, when you consider we're spending many thousands on the holiday, is relatively nothing in comparison. But that's a little more money in Disney's cash register.

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
So virtual queues would just mean more people wandering around the parks doing nothing and potentially reducing the park capacity.
Or, whilst waiting for the virtual queue time to come around, you could be going on other rides. I'd only expect a minority of rides to use a virtual queue - for the rest you'll still have to use the regular queue. Therefore you can be going on all the less-popular rides whilst waiting for your turn in the virtual queue to come around.

That's not really any different to FP+ and the same as the old paper FP system. In those, you'll still have to wait until your slot comes around.

The only differences between FP+ and a virtual queue would be:
  • With FP+ you book weeks beforehand whereas with virtual queues you book these on the day,
  • With FP+ you book a particular timeslot that suits you whereas with the virtual queue you get given the next available slot in the queue.

BTW, I'm assuming here that the added virtual queues will work alongside the existing standby queues. You can either get in the standby line or get a slot in the virtual queue and then get to use the old fastpass entrance when your turn comes around. That is, it works like the old paper fastpass system (which was a virtual queuing system).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
The queues are down to the less capacity on rides due to social distancing/blocking out seats in the vehicles, than the lack of fast pass being available.
I don’t really care about the reason for the queues. I don’t want to queue no matter what the reason, I usually avoid this by using fastpasses. If there are no fastpasses, then to the OP’s question, no we will never return. We will definitely not be content with wandering around the parks shopping instead.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Me too, if fast passes are not back for 2022, I will have to cancel out trip. I certainly cant stand for more than 30ish minutes anyway. The thought of waiting 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to get on a ride, total waste of time in the parks, absolutely not.

If the only offer they give for next year is buying a fast pass, I will cancel. Why should I have to pay extra money on top of my already very expensive ticket. If the offer of free fast passes is only made available to on site guests and every other visitor has to buy very expensive add ons for the same thing, could then make a Disney visit for many UK visitors out of their financial reach. I sincerely hope that fast passes come back in their old format 60 days for on site 30 days for off site. I'll be happy then
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Elmhurst 5 View Post
Me too, if fast passes are not back for 2022, I will have to cancel out trip. I certainly cant stand for more than 30ish minutes anyway. The thought of waiting 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to get on a ride, total waste of time in the parks, absolutely not.
I wouldn't wait 1.5 hours for a ride either. Good job that the vast majority of wait times aren't that long. In fact, the majority of rides have standby wait times of less than 30 minutes.

Anytime we've seen a ride with a wait time of 1 hour or more and we haven't got a fastpass for it we've just walked right past it. There's plenty more to see and do in the parks, and not just rides. I agree with you that waiting more than an hour to get on a ride is a total waste of time in the parks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 11 Jun 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Most of the recent trip advisor reviews suggest some rather large waits. Hopefully, some sort of fast past will be back soon
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Most of the recent trip advisor reviews suggest some rather large waits. Hopefully, some sort of fast past will be back soon
Large waits for some of the rides, sure. And, yes, hopefully fastpasses will be back soon.

You can see the current wait times - including average wait times over the last week (I think) - on the DIBB's wait time page:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk//forums/wait_times.php

At MK, 15 rides have an average wait times of 30 minutes or less. Only one ride has an average wait time of 1 hour or more (Splash Mountain).

At HS, 7 attractions have an average wait time of 30 minutes or less. Only one ride has an average wait time of 1 hour or more (Slinky Dog Dash).

So, if they are talking about wait times for Slinky Dog Dash, Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Splash Mountain, etc then those will have large waits.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~