Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
I will do one, certainly
brilliant, will look out for it

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
KWC2057
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
We almost took that route at Christmas. We were in Dubai for 14 nights and debated flying into the US from there as we were due to go to Disney in January. I looked up flights whilst we were in Dubai but I naively thought we would get out to the US for our April trip so we came home. We love Dubai and that’s one of the reasons we are going to the Bahamas as they have Atlantis there and it’ll keep my teens amused.

Yes the US accept all WHO recommended vaccines including AstraZeneca - my husband had AZ.

No, your daughter won’t have to quarantine and all rules for the US are ‘advisory’ not mandatory.
Do you mind me asking who you have gone through for your pre-departure PCR test for entry to The Bahamas as we have to book one for our DD (15) as we also live close to Heathrow?

I am a little worried that we fly on Monday 16th and we can only get her tested up to 5 days prior to entry, then wait for the results and then submit the results on the travel health visa portal and then it can take up to 72 hours to approve.
KWC2057 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Best of luck Richard, go and have an amazing time
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KWC2057 View Post
Do you mind me asking who you have gone through for your pre-departure PCR test for entry to The Bahamas as we have to book one for our DD (15) as we also live close to Heathrow?

I am a little worried that we fly on Monday 16th and we can only get her tested up to 5 days prior to entry, then wait for the results and then submit the results on the travel health visa portal and then it can take up to 72 hours to approve.
I have used Express Test at Heathrow airport. I picked the drive though at Terminal 4 as it saves us getting out of the car. You can also go to T2, T4 and T5 walk in locations if you prefer that. I used the discount code on the BA website and it was £57 each. The website says you get result before 10pm the following day (obv with a * disclaimer that it CAN take an extra day).

As far as the Bahamas health visa forms go, I have already completed them for 4 of us and the authorisation took 2mins - 20mins for each one!

I have booked the PCR for 4 days before travel (Sunday), results should be back Monday and health visa done immediately, then we travel on Thursday. All hotels/flights have free cancellation up to departure date.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

I have used Express Test at Heathrow airport. I picked the drive though at Terminal 4 as it saves us getting out of the car. You can also go to T2, T4 and T5 walk in locations if you prefer that. I used the discount code on the BA website and it was £57 each. The website says you get result before 10pm the following day (obv with a * disclaimer that it CAN take an extra day).

As far as the Bahamas health visa forms go, I have already completed them for 4 of us and the authorisation took 2mins - 20mins for each one!

I have booked the PCR for 4 days before travel (Sunday), results should be back Monday and health visa done immediately, then we travel on Thursday. All hotels/flights have free cancellation up to departure date.
Love to hear about your Atlantis trip...especially foodie reports as I’m constantly looking for ways to eat there without bankrupting myself.

Did you get any food included with the stay? I’m considering that
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
KWC2057
A Guest at All-Stars

Thank you.

I will look at that testing option as it is not far for us and hopefully if we get it done early morning we will have it back early the next day.

That is good to know that the authorisations came back quickly, our dates are not showing on the add trip section yet so have uploaded and completed all the information that I can for now and will submit when the dates allow.
KWC2057 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
Love to hear about your Atlantis trip...especially foodie reports as I’m constantly looking for ways to eat there without bankrupting myself.

Did you get any food included with the stay? I’m considering that
Thanks, I’m looking forward to it but getting nervous now. I normally research a destination for months before I book a trip so feel very unprepared booking less than two weeks in advance! I don’t have any food included but am planning on a grocery store stop off on the way to the resort - it seems to be the thing to do. We will just buy drinks and snacks for the room at the store. We don’t go for fancy meals so my food reports might not be exciting but I’ll certainly be searching for some reasonable prices as we are a family of 8 adults and I think it will get expensive 😫😂

Have you been to the Bahamas before?
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KWC2057 View Post
Thank you.

I will look at that testing option as it is not far for us and hopefully if we get it done early morning we will have it back early the next day.

That is good to know that the authorisations came back quickly, our dates are not showing on the add trip section yet so have uploaded and completed all the information that I can for now and will submit when the dates allow.
This is what I have done for the kids. Their info is pre-loaded on to my health visa, which has already been accepted, and I will just add their tests and pay once they come through.
Old 27 Jul 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Thanks, I’m looking forward to it but getting nervous now. I normally research a destination for months before I book a trip so feel very unprepared booking less than two weeks in advance! I don’t have any food included but am planning on a grocery store stop off on the way to the resort - it seems to be the thing to do. We will just buy drinks and snacks for the room at the store. We don’t go for fancy meals so my food reports might not be exciting but I’ll certainly be searching for some reasonable prices as we are a family of 8 adults and I think it will get expensive 😫😂

Have you been to the Bahamas before?
Yes several times. I’m not a Nassau fan at all...shudders but we do venture off Paradise Island to “The Bearded Clam”

We always stay at Atlantis, last time we got Breakfast included which helped, there is a liquor store and small supermarket on Paradise Island.

You can get the ferry/taxi boat from Paradise Island to Nassau.

We usually take snacks with us to cut down on costs.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

How does travel insurance work if you get into the US indirectly I have spoken to 2 and both confirmed they wouldn't cover anything while in the US. They would cover the first stage as you are allowed to travel but going indirectly to the US, the second stretch wouldn't be covered.
No way I would be in the US without insurance. A trip to hospital would ruin you for life financially.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List