Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Dec 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Well, it's finally our pre-travel day which means LFT's later today. They're booked for 1pm and I've just done one to calm my nerves, I hope I'm still negative in 6-hours time!

Happy Christmas everyone
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We've tested negative, Verifly is sorted and we're checked in. Phew.

After a stressful few weeks I'm very pleased to have boarding cards in hand and we'll be on the way to Premier Inn Bath Road early evening.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
We've tested negative, Verifly is sorted and we're checked in. Phew.

After a stressful few weeks I'm very pleased to have boarding cards in hand and we'll be on the way to Premier Inn Bath Road early evening.
Fab news
Have a fantastic holiday

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Fab news
Have a fantastic holiday
Thanks Claire. Merry Christmas
Old 26 Dec 21, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are here! We were through immigration in about 15 minutes, luggage was waiting for us and we decided to eat at the airport food court as we were not sure what would be open on Xmas day. Panda Express all round then collected a lovely Chrysler Pacifica and straight to the Rosen plaza for our first 9 nights. Got a room on the 13th floor with a lovely view and just unpacked…can’t wait for AK tomorrow!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Just turned midnight so that means our LFTs and check in at the Premier Inn at Manchester are TODAY. Done negative LFTs yesterday (Christmas Day), surely it can't all mess up at the final hurdle?

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

We did the Universal VIP Tour last night - five pm check-in (though we got on line a good half-hour early), exiting the park about eleven forty-ish.
Our group was seventeen to the guide, guessing others were in the high teens too.
It's very Grinch-heavy, so if you're not a fan of that (and I must admit, I'm a bit "meh" on it), it does somewhat drag.
Basically, it's the parade (sponsored by Macy's, dontcha know...) which is fun but not Disney fun.
There followed a Whoville show, which was okay, but fans would, I'm sure love it. The star for me was the dog 😂
Bit of a break to shop in the store by Jimmy Fallon, followed by some back-lot walking, some guided history of the park and studio.
Santa meet after a spell on the VIP balcony overlooking the faux-grass area near Rip Ride Rockit, more walking back-lot, more Whoville (a Q&A with cast... again, if you're a fan, groovy, if not, a wee bit meh).
Cookies and hot chocolate at a restaurant in Seuss land (or whatever it's called... can you tell I'm (not) a Seuss sort of bloke?). Grinch makes a show here for photos, and is admittedly really fun.
Finally, as the park's kicking out regular day guests, we go over to Hogsmeade... No rides open, but shops are, with a bit of time spare before an exclusive Hogwarts castle light show. Now this was just a bit special - the same show does run through regular park hours, but we got it obviously without crowds and bustle, and, frankly, this was the reason for us getting tickets. Fantastic way to end our Christmas Day.
Hope everyone's Christmas days were enjoyable.

Edited at 12:58 PM.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve just done our return home LFTs. Both negative, hooray. We can now relax and enjoy our last two days at SSR.
Everything to get here and to get home is a pain but soooo worth it. We have had a magical Christmas in the sun.

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

LFTs passed CHECK
Verifly process complete CHECK
Premier Inn CHECK
Pint of Doom Bar CHECK

Guess we are going to Disney, do I believe it now?

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by linnite View Post
LFTs passed CHECK
Verifly process complete CHECK
Premier Inn CHECK
Pint of Doom Bar CHECK

Guess we are going to Disney, do I believe it now?
So pleased for you, have a wonderful time, we're here in LA with the grandkids, still can't believe it!

Sue x
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List