Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Jan 22, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Tell me about Norwegian Cruise line?

Booked our first cruise with this line.
not sailed with them before, but have cruised a good few times.

Any tips etc?
How does it compare to Royal Caribbean? (Our usual go-to line)

We are sailing (hopefully!) on the Norwegian Encore.

Thanks
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

I loved my NCL cruise. I was on the Epic. I've previously been on TUI and Royal Caribbean.

For me it was the cocktails I noticed the difference with. They tasted amazing and not like syrup was poured in.

Loved the layout of the ship, the food was amazing and so was the pool area.
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myvot View Post
I loved my NCL cruise. I was on the Epic. I've previously been on TUI and Royal Caribbean.

For me it was the cocktails I noticed the difference with. They tasted amazing and not like syrup was poured in.

Loved the layout of the ship, the food was amazing and so was the pool area.
Oh I do love a cocktail, so that is good news!

Do they do trivia quizzes etc?
RC always do do trivia quizzes and we enjoy those

Edited at 09:22 PM.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Following with interest as we have 3 cruises booked with them next year - we normally sail with RC or Celebrity.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
Following with interest as we have 3 cruises booked with them next year - we normally sail with RC or Celebrity.
Exciting! Are any of yours on the Encore?

Just found out that balcony cabins on our cruise have coffee makers. Fab!
Old 21 Jan 22, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Exciting! Are any of yours on the Encore?

Just found out that balcony cabins on our cruise have coffee makers. Fab!
Aww no- the new Prima, the Gem and the Jade. Hubby retired last year, daughter off to uni in September hopefully- hubby adamant he wants to travel more so found some deals that were too good to pass up.

Love a good coffee
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
Aww no- the new Prima, the Gem and the Jade. Hubby retired last year, daughter off to uni in September hopefully- hubby adamant he wants to travel more so found some deals that were too good to pass up.

Love a good coffee
Oh I don't blame you! Travel as much as you can! It's what we plan to do when hubby takes early retirement in about 5 years time!

We have got this incentive thingie, 'take-all' ?
Not really much info about it.
I need to look into it a bit more, dig deeper
Includes drinks but not Starbucks? Not to worry.
Old 22 Jan 22, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

We've cruised with NCL twice. Once on the Epic and once on the Getaway. We really enjoyed our cruises and the food was very good. They were also much more affordable 4 years ago when we cruised with them. Now they're all inclusive and prices have really shot up. We would put them up there with Celebrity for quality, though more relaxed and a lot more kids. I would say that they're most similar to Royal Carribean.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

I’ve done NCL and Royal Caribbean, they’re pretty similar but I’d say Royal Caribbean was slightly better for food quality and more onboard facilities.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Hello
happy cruising.
Royal Caribbean between the 2 would be my choice ( in the past have done P& O and MSC also)

So I've only done one NCL cruise back in 2015 on the Epic.One cruise on RCI on Independence of the seas.

I preferred the aesthetics of RCI, the colour- ship found Epic to be a bit bland, the food was OK.I loved the stateroom design.

Definitely preferred the variety and type of entertainment & facilities aswell as the timings of the entertainment, although that may have been cruise specific.The food quality & variety on RCI I felt to be better overall, but did have a few MEH meals in the MDR on Independence.
I would go on NCL again if the itinerary and price was right, whereas I would never choose an MSC cruise again.

I think its good to try other lines so go for it if it meets your criteria. Its hard to consider that you may choose something and it not live up to expectations though !
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List