Old 20 Jan 17, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

$30k later - 27/12/16 - Day 11 - CBR/HS/Mama Melrose

27/12/16 - Day 11 - CBR/HS/Mama Melrose

Index
Day 10

Having had a full couple of days we were both tired and we slept in until 8.30a. We got ready to go out and headed out about 9am.

Our luck of just catching buses had apparently run out we'd JUST missed a bus and waited 30 minutes for another one! In the meantime, four Magic Kingdom buses came one after another and no one got on them 😬

Eventually a Hollywood Studios bus rolled up at 9.30 and loads of us all piled on! Luckily those buses seem to be able to pack a fair number of people in, but we did pass another bus stop in the resort and I can imagine how infuriating that would be if you'd waited all that time and the bus went straight past!

There was a slight queue to get in but we were safely through security and in the park by 10am.

As we'd not had any breakfast due to an early Fantasmic ADR we stopped for a coffee at Joffreys by Toy Story Mainia. It was warm today so I went for an iced cappuccino for me which was very chocolaty! Phil had his 'bog normal for Phil', which he said was nicest coffee he'd had in US!

We drunk our drinks and then it was our time for our Toy Story Fastpass. Now, I used to trounce Phil at this until I taught him my 'secret' - hold the string between two fingers and bobble as well! He'd then been beating me every time! So, this time I thought ... 'No More!'

So, I kept quiet and got my 'game face' on!

I won by a significant margin!

Felt like my arm was going to fall off at the end though!

We decided to go on to The Great Movie Ride next. It was posting a 25 minute wait but when we got in building there was a queue for parties of 2 and we were on in ten minutes!

We got the Gangster Scene again - we've only had the Cowboy one once I think!

Our next stop was Tower of Terror with our Fast Pass and we bypassed a 55 minute queue:

It was now nearly midday so stopped for a drink and a pickle!

As we were drinking them my phone 'pinged' with a notification that Carrie Fisher had sadly passed away after her heart attack a few days previously. It was very strange walking around with that knowledge as the Star Wars presence in the park is so huge - I overheard many snippets of conversation with people discussing it.

We watched the Star Wars show on the stage next:

We looked round One Mans Dream after our but didn't see the movie as we'd watched it in the summer.

We then had a good look round the Launch Bay to kill a bit of time waiting for our dining reservation at Mama Melrose:

We decided that taking a full-size Darth Vader costume home in the suitcase was a step too far!

After looking round the Launch Bay we made our way over to the restaurant:

We were seated at 2pm, despite it being very busy in there.

Having had several heavy dinners in the past few days, Phil decided on a Cesar salad for his appetiser. I had a tomato and mozzarella salad.

For our mains Phil had the seafood pasta and I had the Shrimp pasta:

Mine was lovely but huge! I couldn't finish all the pasta as it was about four times bigger than my normal dinner!

As it was included, we also the Fantasmic dessert. I think the last time we did this (December 2013) it was a sharing dessert, but we got one each today:

The tiramasu in the middle was the nicest - the pink cake thing was a bit strange and I left mine! I could see a few others on other tables had left theirs too!

We paid our bill and collected our tickets. It was now about 3.15pm
and the park was very busy. We made the decision to walk over to the Boardwalk to escape the crowds for a few hours. Although our feet were tired, the queue for the boat was absolutely huge so we walked back. It only takes about 10/15 minutes so it's not too bad.

When we got there we stopped at ESPN for a refreshing cider. As we were queuing for drinks someone recognised Phil's Harlequins shirt as they were on the telly (winning for a change!) playing a match!

It was lovely and warm and Phil had a little nap in the sunshine and I looked round the shops for a bit as the sun went down:

We got a boat back to Hollywood studios and we were back in the park for 5.30pm. We found a space to watch the Star Wars fireworks straight away as they were due to start at 6.15pm. We'd watched them in the summer but off to the side as Phil wasn't able to stand for long periods. This time we were right in front of the Chinese theatre!

Phil went to get us some beers and was absolutely ages! People kept moving closer and closer and I was worried he was going to lose his spot! The sun went down completely:

I loved the flashy Star Wars Mickey ears and I was sorely tempted to buy some myself!

About five minutes before the show started a Cast Member made everyone stand up so we walked forward as loads of space was created! We had a pretty good view despite the crowds:

Every time Carrie fisher came on the screen the whole audience clapped and cheered...

After the fireworks finished we walked round to Fantasmic area and noticed they were letting people in already, despite it being an hour until the show started, so we went and found our seats. It was unsurprisingly busy but worth going in early and definitely worth getting the Fantasmic dining package as we sat right in the middle!

The show started - fantastic as always

We left Hollywood Studios at end of the show and had a surprisingly short wait for a bus. Everyone got a seat which was nice after a long day on our feet

We got back to the Caribbean Beach for 9pm. Having not had any dinner I was hungry so I went and got some hummus and veggies from the Centertown.

We finished with a few drinks in the bar. As we were sat there we could see the fireworks from EPCOT over the buildings

Fantastic end to the day!

Fitbit Info:

Totals

20,116 steps
13.75 km
2,669 calories

Day 12 - Animal Kingdom and Maya Grill

Edited at 09:40 AM.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Thats some awesome step count you have! Hoping I can match that when we go, to keep the weight off! I love all your photos, your pasta dish looks really good. Cannot wait to go back to HS this reminded me of why I love it so much! Great post.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another busy but good day

Joan
Old 21 Jan 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Another great day Kim

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Another great day!

The SW fireworks are soooooo good! Can't wait to see them again in April

Xx
Redrach1903 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Really enjoyed reading your reports... just caught up! Thanks for sharing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Thats some awesome step count you have! Hoping I can match that when we go, to keep the weight off! I love all your photos, your pasta dish looks really good. Cannot wait to go back to HS this reminded me of why I love it so much! Great post.
The walking round really does help burn off those calories

Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another busy but good day

Joan
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
Another great day Kim
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Another great day!

The SW fireworks are soooooo good! Can't wait to see them again in April

Xx
They are great, really well done x

Originally Posted by higginj1 View Post
Really enjoyed reading your reports... just caught up! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for reading
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The Fantasmic! package seats are the best in my opinion! We used a FP+ for the show last year and we were miles off to the side!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

❤ the Captain Picard meme 😂😂
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

The arm falling off feeling after Toy Story Mania is officially known as "TSM Arm", according to a couple of Cast Members we have spoken to there!

Did you know that if the Great Movie Ride isn't too busy, you can ask for either the Gangster or the Western ride? The CMs will ask you to step to one side inside the loading area, and approximately 1 in every 4 cars is the Western ride. I know this because we did it two years in a row!