Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Nov 18, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 3 ~ AK, Tusker House, Rivers Of Light ~ Are We Going To Mickey Mouse World Mummy? 29th Oct 18

Find the previous day HERE

So this trip consisted of:

Myself (Kelly) - Chief planner and organiser ... none of the trip would have happened without me

Husband (Chris) - The laid back photographer one ... I guess it wouldn't have happened without him paying for it so I have to give him some recognition there

Caitlin (Turned 12 when we were out there) - total drama llama and pre teen one.

Thomas (9) - the cheeky brain box one.

Noah (5) - the cute one (He was recently diagnosed as autistic, so it was a big challenge for us all to ensure we kept meltdowns to a minimum)

Day 3 – Animal Kingdom, Tusker House, Pool, Satuli Canteen and Rivers Of Light

I was up at 5.45am and so was Thomas. Everyone else slept till 6.30am when the alarm went off 🙄 Kids had some cereal to tide them over again. Mr grump had himself a hissy fit because it was too early to get up and go for breakfast. He then questioned why I made early reservations I explained that most people are up early for the first few days or so, I thought I’d maximise the time instead of eating into park hours! I went in the shower to avoid a longer argument with him and to calm myself down for him being so ungrateful. We all had showers and got ready. We had another meltdown from Noah as he didn’t want suncream on at all. Again I had to bargain with him and managed to get it on.

We didn’t get to the bus stop till 7.30am, I wasn’t a happy bunny. Our reservation was for 8.10am, I knew there was no chance of us making it for then! Once we got off the bus we hotfooted it to Africa, we had to solely rely on the signs in AK as we had no idea where we were going. We managed to get to AK by around 8.25am, we were seated at 8.35am. The characters were already on their way round and our server said we’d be best waiting for food as Mickey would be here in a couple of tables. He came and brought us jungle juice which is AMAZING! I’m gutted we can’t get it back home, I alone drank about 5 glasses

First character to arrive was Mickey, Noah was in absolute awe, it was amazing to watch. Photo’s look a little strange as Chris said he used a ‘slow shutter’ because it was dark … no idea what that means

I went to get mine and Noah's breakfast and Caitlin came with me. I decided not to take Noah with me and just put some things on his plate as he's so fussy. Anything that doesn't look like it normally does i.e. round sausages he won't eat 🙄 this was our plates:

Noahs

Mine

Caitlin

When we arrived back Daisy was just on her way to our table so we paused for photos.

Noahs first Mickey Waffle ... he said he enjoyed it although he didn't eat many more for the rest of the holiday

Next up Chris and Thomas went to get some food as we could see Goofy was on his way round too. Chris took a couple of photos when he got up.

We absolutely loved the theme in here, so authentic. Next up was Goofy. Goofy was fab, Noah offered him a tater tot and he went to take it off him then shook his head and made the implication of a full tummy then a big tummy, Noah loved it.

I think I was probably on my 3rd cup of jungle juice by now why is that stuff so nice?! Noah had managed to eat quite a bit but completely refused to even try the round sausages 🙄 next up was Donald and Thomas had a question for him ...

Just before Thomas asked his question the song came on, sorry I can't remember what it's called. Donald got Noah's hand an implied for him to go up with him, he wouldn't go without me so I walked around the restaurant with them Noah absolutely loved it and didn't let go of either of our hands once. Was such a great interaction for him. Once it finished we went back to the table. Thomas now asked his question ...

'Donald, why is Mickey more popular than you?'

Well it was like a red rag to bull, Donald went

He put his hands on his hips and shook his head vigorously pointing at himself as if to say I'm number 1, he then got their autograph books and wrote his signature and kept pointing at the number 1 He then stood up and pointed both his fingers at his eyes then at Thomas as if to say 'I'm watching you' it was hilarious and we all loved it. What a fab interaction.

Next up our lovely server brought Caitlin and I birthday cakes and candle each and a card signed by all the characters which was a lovely touch

I gave my cake to Noah. I got one final plate of food, I wanted to try the banana bread pudding and I got some grapes for Noah and a Mickey waffle for Chris as he'd forgot to get one. The banana bread pudding was lovely, just wish I'd saved more room for it

Time stamps from the photos show that our first photo of Mickey was at 8.30am and the photo of the last plate of food was 9.10am so 40 minutes all in which I think is really good for a character dine.

We paid up and headed to Kilimanjaro Safaris. This was pretty much a walk on we waited around 5-10 minutes. Everyone enjoyed this and spotting the animals. Noah's favourite was the lion.

After this we headed to Navi River to get a return time for the DAS pass

I think the return time was 11.23am. We then headed to Starbucks as Caitlin wanted a 'Unicorn Frappuccino' which she'd seen online. When we asked they didn't do it ... she wasn't a happy bunny! We ended up with a choc chip frappuccino and a caramel one. We forgot to take pics of these till they'd been drunk

Caitlin and I went a queued for the 'Elephant Ear Pastry' at Kusafiri Bakery whilst Chris took photos

We then headed to the 11am show of 'The Festival of The Lion King'

We all really enjoyed this show, although Caitlin was bored within about 2 minutes 🙄 When we come out of the show Caitlin said she'd lost her sunglasses, she went to ask a CM and told her where we were sitting. The CM came back 10 minutes later and told us that they weren't there ... Caitlin then found them in her bag

Next we headed back to Pandora to do our return DAS time for Navi River. This was a nice chilled ride but there's no way we would have queued longer than 30 minutes for it. We're not huge Avatar fans so maybe we don't appreciate it as much as they would? I dunno. We returned at 11.55 and Thomas wanted a photo in Pandora too.

When we got off we rushed over to Adventurers Outpost as we had a
FP for this that ran out at 12.20 and it was 12.09pm! We got there and got in the queue with 5 minutes to spare time stamp says we got to see them at 12.35 so a 15 minute wait which wasn't too bad

Mickey loved how the kid's had a Mickey head on their pin lanyard's and pointed out Thomas and Noah's

After this we then headed over to Everest for our 12.20pm
FP

Noah wasn't tall enough for this so we did rider swap. Caitlin opted not to go on it either so Chris put more suncream on them all whilst me and Thomas went on first

I promise he loved it In a way it was Thomas' first 'proper' rollercoaster. He kept shouting 'Oh my goodness!' then 'This is awesome!'

He went back on with Chris when I come off. Me Caitlin and Noah went for a look around the Everest gift shop. We opted to get a bottle of Sprite with a snack credit as we were really thirsty, somehow the CM managed to charge it to our room so I kept the receipt and said I'd rectify it at POR reception.

Caitlin got a bit too excited trying to get the photo of Chris and Thomas and not knowing what she was doing got 2 random people's photos on our photopass

At 1.25pm we were walking to Kali River Rapids. Caitlin was having a mini meltdown about getting wet even though it was almost 30 degrees! Chris took some photos on the way

Chris, Thomas, Noah and I loved it ...

Caitlin ... not so much

She had herself a whinge about being cold and wet 🙄 we told her to stop whining and that she would dry off soon enough. She soon quietened down when the other people in the raft were giggling.

We were all feeling a little peckish so we decided to grab our first Mickey Pretzel, we got 2 of these. Caitlin and I enjoyed these although I thought it was a bit too salty, Chris and the boys weren't too keen. Noah was ok if I took the salt crystals off

It was now almost 2pm and we needed to be back on the evening for our FOP FP so we headed back for the pool

We were on the bus by 2.10pm. Back to the room and everyone played for a bit then changed into their costumes. The kid's wanted to go to the Ol' Man Island pool, I decided to do a little washing and head to reception to sort out the drink/snack issue

The CM managed to sort out the snack issue and informed me that the laundry was $7 and that you needed to pay by card. I'd naively thought I could use my magic band so I decided to leave it and do it another day as I didn't fancy the 10 minute walk back to the room, then to the laundry room and then Ol' Man Island as it wouldn't be long before we needed to head back to AK! Planning fail there.

By 3.30pm we were all back in the room having showers and getting ready for the evening. At 4.20pm we were on the bus to Animal Kingdom. On the bus we realised we hadn't put Noah's magic band back on when he got out the shower!

When we got to AK I went to guest services and got him a temporary card. We had a reservation at Pizzafari for the kid's at 5.15pm, I pre-ordered on the app and approached the CM's to see what I needed to do. Both CM's seemed very confused at what I was trying to say. I wanted to sit outside but we had pre-ordered. I didn't realise if you have a booking you need to order the 'family style food. We just ordered Caitlin and Thomas a meal as they wouldn't eat anything from Satuli. They directed me to the next CM indoors, who again struggled with what I was saying. I stated that I had already pre-ordered and we were only ordering kid's meals, no adult meals. She directed me to a queue to order

I got really frustrated at this point and went to the mobile order queue as I could see our order was sat there waiting. We then headed outside to eat.

Thomas - Kid's Cheese Pizza -
served with a side of Grapes, Carrot Sticks and choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani® Water -
$7.19 He opted for grapes and water

Caitlin - Mickey Pasta with Turkey Marinara Sauce - served with a side of Grapes, Carrot Sticks and choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani® Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions - $6.69

Caitlin had a bit of whinge about the sauce. Before she ordered we'd told her marinara sauce is basically like pasta sauce. She complained when it came as it had actual tomatoes in not sure what you think tomato sauce is made of She ate it in the end and said she enjoyed it. Thomas never said much about his but he ate about 3/4s of it.

We gave the grapes to Noah then headed to Pandora for our FOP
FP Now I was little apprehensive about this as I don't cope well on motion simulators. In the queue Thomas mentioned he felt sick, I asked him if he wanted to leave and he said no he'd be ok. When we stopped in the queue I told him to sit down and take deep breaths, in through the nose and out through the mouth (pretty sure it's supposed to be the other way round )

We got assigned to a link and headed up the queue. He was starting to look a little pale so I checked he was ok again and he said yes. We got took into the room and watched the videos (I won't spoil it for those who haven't been on yet) We then headed into the 'ride room'. We were at the back of the queue and suddenly Thomas vomits all over the floor! I ran through to the other room to get a CM who cleared out the riders to the next room whilst I helped Thomas. Poor bairn.

Once he'd stopped being sick I cleaned him up with the towels the CM gave me. I kept apologising but she said it happens all the time, I doubt it's before the ride though We went outside the room and the CM said we could wait to ride again or she could give us
FP's for tonight or tomorrow. I asked Thomas what he wanted to do and he said leave so we took the FP's even though we knew we wouldn't be able to use them as we were at Hollywood Studios tomorrow.

We left the ride and I grabbed a

Night Blossom - Non-Alcoholic Specialty Beverage - layers of Apple and Desert Pear Limeade topped with Passion Fruit Boba Balls - $5.99

This was beautiful, we all (except Thomas) really enjoyed this.

We found Chris (I'd stupidly left my phone in the bag so couldn't contact him). I told him what had happened and we agreed to just head to Satuli Canteen so me Chris and Noah could have our tea as we were hungry. Caitlin was totally on one and was trying to wind Thomas up about throwing up which was annoying Thomas and us to be fair. In the end I took her with me to collect the order as I had pre ordered again. We got the following:

Cheeseburger Steamed Pods - Bao Buns
Steamed Cheeseburger Pod stuffed with Ground Beef, Ketchup, Mustard, Pickle, and Cheddar Cheese served with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and Vegetable Chips
- $11.49

Dreamwalker Sangria Refreshing White Sangria with a hint of Blue Curaçao - $10

Now I wanted to love these after all the reviews but with Thomas being sick and Caitlin still playing up I think it impacted on my opinion of the food sadly. I just thought they were strange, the softness of the dumpling, I expected it to be a bit more firm? I wasn't too keen on the chips either. All in all a disaster meal for me, Chris tried them and said they were ok. I also didn't rate the cocktail I thought it tasted of mouthwash I drank most of it as I certainly needed a drink

Slow-Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef Bowl*-
Slow-Roasted Sliced Grilled Beef marinated in a blend of Garlic, Herbs, Red Pepper Spice, and Red Wine Vinegar topped with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and Boba Balls served with your choice of Base and Sauce. *This item contains raw or undercooked ingredients. Consuming raw or undercooked meats, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.- $13.99

Chris opted for the potato hash and herb dressing again he wasn't too keen on this although he ate more than I did. By this point Caitlin was out of control with her behaviour so I took her outside to a corner and gave her a stern telling to.

Noah had:

Cheese Quesadilla -Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheese in a Tortilla served with Vegetable Chips and Grapes and small Dasani® Bottled Water or Lowfat Milk- $6.49

Noah really enjoyed this and Thomas had a little bit too. It was now when Thomas decided to tell us that he didn't like the pizza for his tea but he ate is as a) he wanted to hurry up and get to FOP and b) he didn't want to get in to trouble for not eating. I told him he wouldn't get into trouble if he didn't like a meal as we'd just get something else and we had a FP for another time so there was no need to worry about that either. Poor bairn.

We had also ordered this for dessert

Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse - Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse with Passion Fruit Curd - $5.29

Chris enjoyed this more than I did, I'm not too keen on cream cheese in a dessert. By now it was 6.30pm so we got some photos and headed over to It's Tough To Be A Bug.

The kid's weren't too keen on this. I didn't tell them what would happen mean mummy! I think it had a big impact on Noah as he refused to wear the 3D glasses for the rest of the holiday and almost every time he would ask if there were bugs

This took a lot longer than we anticipated and it was 7.15pm so we hotfooted it to Rivers Of Light with our dining package tickets. We were seated 5 minutes before it started.

We quite enjoyed the show although not one of the best. We wouldn't go and see it again. We were on the end and managed to exit rather quickly! Chris got a few photos on the way to the exit of the tree awakening.

We were on the bus at 8.05pm and the boys both fell fast asleep

Somehow every time we were on the bus I ended up with all the kid's whilst Chris was left with just the pushchair it became a running joke that Chris would get on the bus last and sit away from us

We arrived at POR by 8.30pm and the kid's were put straight to bed. I think it was around 9.30pm by the time I fell asleep that night. A good but tiring day.

Steps: 21,099
Snacks: 6 USED - 132 LEFT
QS Credits:5 USED- 51 LEFT
TS Credits: 5 USED - 65 LEFT

Edited at 08:26 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

What a busy day! Poor Thomas being sick.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh I would have been really cross if there was moaning about getting up early! I hope after seeing the parks first thing and then all the crowds of people after lunch in the afternoon Mr Grump realised it is worth it getting up early. Tut, tut!

Still it seems like you enjoyed your breakfast at Tusker. The characters there are great you're right about them just seeming to talk to you and have more fun somehow than other places. I hope you had your autograph books with you!

You had fun on the safari and I love the photopass on Everest. I'm mostly chanting oh my goodness too, but never this is awesome!

I had quite a chuckle at Caitlins face on Kali river rapids, she was not happy at the idea of getting wet. Ha ha, is it mean of me to hope she got a jet right in the face? Ok yes it probably is a bit mean! But then she did say she was bored in the Lion King and that is sacrilege as it's my favourite show, so I'm not happy with her today!

Oh what a shame Thomas was sick before going on FOP, poor him and poor you. It sounds like the cast member was lovely but still he must have felt ever so embarrassed.

It was along day, I'm not surprised the boys fell asleep on the bus, they look cute all curled up.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
What a busy day! Poor Thomas being sick.
It was but it was one of the best ones too. I know poor little mite! Keep yours eyes peeled as we have another sick incident from Thomas Thank you for reading xx

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh I would have been really cross if there was moaning about getting up early! I hope after seeing the parks first thing and then all the crowds of people after lunch in the afternoon Mr Grump realised it is worth it getting up early. Tut, tut!

Still it seems like you enjoyed your breakfast at Tusker. The characters there are great you're right about them just seeming to talk to you and have more fun somehow than other places. I hope you had your autograph books with you!

You had fun on the safari and I love the photopass on Everest. I'm mostly chanting oh my goodness too, but never this is awesome!

I had quite a chuckle at Caitlins face on Kali river rapids, she was not happy at the idea of getting wet. Ha ha, is it mean of me to hope she got a jet right in the face? Ok yes it probably is a bit mean! But then she did say she was bored in the Lion King and that is sacrilege as it's my favourite show, so I'm not happy with her today!

Oh what a shame Thomas was sick before going on FOP, poor him and poor you. It sounds like the cast member was lovely but still he must have felt ever so embarrassed.

It was along day, I'm not surprised the boys fell asleep on the bus, they look cute all curled up.
I was really cross with him and I made sure he knew it too he did at some point in the holiday thank me for organising everything and said that he didn't realise how much planning had to actually go into it ... it's alright mate I've only been trying to tell you for the last 6 months He never whinged about early get ups again after I had words this day

Tusker is definitely one of our favourite TS meals. I'm not sure if it was because it was our first but just everything was perfect, the server, the food, the atmosphere, the characters, everything was amazing. To be honest I don't think any other character meals met TH's standards! We had the autograph books

Thomas is a little thrill seeker like Chris, Noah and I ... Caitlin used to be then we took her on Rita at Alton Towers We had a deal that anything Noah could go on she needed to try, if she didn't like she didn't have to ride again, which ended up working really well, even though she protested before we left!

It's not mean of you at all ... I thought the same it didn't hit her in the face but she got a big splash right down her back and didn't see it coming haha. I got hit the worst on that one but I was grateful for the cool down! Today was 29 degrees today.

Thomas was gutted as he really wanted to go on it, bless him, luckily we managed later in the holiday.

If we'd stayed on the bus any longer we would have fallen asleep too I think

It was a fab 2nd day and we managed really well considering it was only day 2 I thought, especially Noah xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I feel your pain with Chris complaining about having to be up early for reservations, whenever Nik complains I tell him that we'll just roll up to the parks at 10am like everyone else does and then see how much we can get done at that time versus having an 8am ADR and making rope drop.

I love Jungle Juice too, I'd drink it every day if we could get it here, it reminds me of the Five Alive we used to get here in the green cartons.

It's lovely seeing how thrilled the kids are to meet the characters, especially Caitlin who I'm sure feels very grown up now she's at high school.

Noah, you must try the round sausage is is SO yummy, just like McDonalds.

It's rare to see the lion up and about so you guys were really lucky.

I looked up at the unicorn frappe, that looks disgusting.

I agree about Na'vi River Journey, I really liked the parts with the screen but other than that it was very anti-climatic.

Well done Thomas for conquering Everest!

Caitlin on Kali is me, I always ended up getting the wetest too.

Noah, the salt on the pretzels is the best bit!

I am gutted you missed out on FoP, I hope you got to ride it another day, obviously, I am also gutted that my favourite, Thomas was sick. I hope he felt better soon and wasn't too embarassed. What a shame he forced himself to eat the pizza, you're on holiday buddy, it's all about trying new things, don't worry about not liking it.

I am SO impressed how much time you spent in the park, you guys have way more energy than me.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I feel your pain with Chris complaining about having to be up early for reservations, whenever Nik complains I tell him that we'll just roll up to the parks at 10am like everyone else does and then see how much we can get done at that time versus having an 8am ADR and making rope drop.

I love Jungle Juice too, I'd drink it every day if we could get it here, it reminds me of the Five Alive we used to get here in the green cartons.

It's lovely seeing how thrilled the kids are to meet the characters, especially Caitlin who I'm sure feels very grown up now she's at high school.

Noah, you must try the round sausage is is SO yummy, just like McDonalds.

It's rare to see the lion up and about so you guys were really lucky.

I looked up at the unicorn frappe, that looks disgusting.

I agree about Na'vi River Journey, I really liked the parts with the screen but other than that it was very anti-climatic.

Well done Thomas for conquering Everest!

Caitlin on Kali is me, I always ended up getting the wetest too.

Noah, the salt on the pretzels is the best bit!

I am gutted you missed out on FoP, I hope you got to ride it another day, obviously, I am also gutted that my favourite, Thomas was sick. I hope he felt better soon and wasn't too embarassed. What a shame he forced himself to eat the pizza, you're on holiday buddy, it's all about trying new things, don't worry about not liking it.

I am SO impressed how much time you spent in the park, you guys have way more energy than me.
I told him to stay in bed and I'd go myself, I took the right hump I was tired too and I just felt he was being so ungrateful after everything I'd done. I messaged my group of friends on messenger and ranted to them about him and felt much better

It's lovely isn't it, wish I could have bottled it up to bring it home. I looked for the jungle juice slushy but read that it was no longer being sold Chris has just found a recipe online for it! Think we may try it next weekend!

It was I expected her to be bit 'too cool' for the characters but she really embraced it and it was lovely to see.

It does doesn't it not to mention all the calories in it I was secretly very happy she said no haha mean mummy!

I think it was just too salty for him, not sure if we had a rogue one but it appeared to taste very salty. He did try another later in the holiday though so that's good.

I felt like crying when we missed out on it but we do get to try it again, sadly only once though I said to Thomas there's no need to worry about not eating as there's plenty of other options. Things in America taste different to home and you can't be expected to like everything. Thankfully after this he told us if he didn't like food

I couldn't believe we managed the whole day. I did plan on heading back at 1pm but we just got carried away with the timings, it worked out well in the end though xx

Edited at 12:05 AM.
Old 24 Nov 18, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Your pictures of Noah with the characters are lovely he is so happy
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Your pictures of Noah with the characters are lovely he is so happy
His little face just says it all. He loved it, although every time the photographer was taking photo's he thought he had to just stand and smile rather than seeing the characters xx
Old 26 Nov 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Lol'd at Thomas trolling Donald Duck, I've never liked that duck either. Agree that the Night Blossom is a gorgeous drink but one is definitely enough for 2
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Lol'd at Thomas trolling Donald Duck, I've never liked that duck either. Agree that the Night Blossom is a gorgeous drink but one is definitely enough for 2
The video is amazing I'll have to see if I can upload it sometime, the kid's were bad laughing and still talk about it as their highlights now. It's lovely and so refreshing, I could drink one right now, but I'll have to stick with my cuppa tea xx