Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Sep 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Laner
slightly serious Dibber

Laner's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
When do you actually think we will be allowed to fly to Florida?

I see a lot on Dibb booking for Florida trips at the end of 2021 and into 2022 and I am genuinely interested on people's views on when we will be allowed back? I am not interested in what you HOPE or WANT to happen, but your honest, considered views on when the US will open up again.

For what it is worth, I don't think the US will open up until mid 2023. I think it will all depend on how their Covid numbers are going and the Covid numbers across the world, their vaccination numbers and their business data. At the moment all these measures are heading the wrong way, whether that be in the US or other parts of the world. I think they will have a phased opening as well and allow people in to see family or travel for business and then move to tourism.

I think we are a minimum of 18 months away from an opening.
Disneyland Paris 2000, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2014
Florida 1993, 1997, 2008, 2013
Laner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

The USA isn't shut though, you can get there if you want to, it is only certain countries that have to go in via the back door
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
G82
Trying for More Ears

Just pluck a date out of the air, it's as good as guess as any! Nobody knows so I wouldn't make any decisions based on anything said here or elsewhere, until it becomes official.

My guess is the first travellers from UK / Europe will be mid November 2021.

Good luck with your travel plans.
G82 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I've always said when Biden feels it is safe to do so politically. With his tanking approval rating across a range of domestic issues, chances are slim while Covid is still front page news. The proclamations are not particularly based on cases/data, they are primarily targeted at variant origin countries. And while the average American may not even know the restrictions are in place, they'd hear about them being removed which wouldn't go down well at the moment.

That aside, possibly spring 2022 provided neither country has a significant spike over the winter. But I said the same for this year, and we spiked.

Edited at 02:14 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Looking at the stats, vaccinations ramped up in March and is currently arround 55%
On that ratio, they should be over 90% 'fully vacinated' by the Sprinig.

Once everyone is vaccinated, I would like to think the naxt phase is 'learning to live with covid', so hopefully can start to get back to normal.

Fingers crossed for Summer 2022

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

We hope the USA opens up in January.
We have family that have booked for February but we have delayed to May.
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

If you're right about mid 2023 then I'll never be back, I'll go somewhere that wants us.😳😁
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Scully View Post
Looking at the stats, vaccinations ramped up in March and is currently arround 55%
On that ratio, they should be over 90% 'fully vacinated' by the Sprinig.

Once everyone is vaccinated, I would like to think the naxt phase is 'learning to live with covid', so hopefully can start to get back to normal.

Fingers crossed for Summer 2022
Hate to say it, but I doubt very much that the remaining 80m unvaccinated people will get much lower.

However, that should have no impact on letting double vaccinated travellers from the UK and Europe in.
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sashadog
Imagineer

January
sashadog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I don't know - the same as everyone else.

I also really don't think there's any point guessing as there will be absolutely nothing of any substance behind the guess.

All I can do is put some horses in the race, so I've recently booked flights for the February half-term and I'm currently weighing up bookings for all of this Christmas, Easter, the May half-term and next Summer.

Sooner or later one of those bookings won't need to be cancelled and off we'll go.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List