Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Nov 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

More hassle to go on holidays. Hope it runs smoothly for everyone. I’m hoping by July this may of changed. And we are back to normality.
myaquarium is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
For the entry test YT, there already is a lot of clarity around it. It's only the post-arrival test for kids that had a lack of requirements around it.

cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html

The FDA approval part I think is only there to stop people ordering cheap tests from eBay and the like. But assuming you want a home test, if you stick to video supervised providers who specifically state they're approved for the US (e.g. Breathe Assured) then you should be fine.
Yes this is relevant part for anyone wondering:

You can use a self-test (sometimes referred to as home test) that meets the following criteria:

The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
The telehealth provider must confirm your identity, observe the sample collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of CDC’s Order (see “What information must be included in the test result?” below).
Airlines and other aircraft operators must be able to review and confirm your identity and the test result details. You must also be able to present the documentation of test results to U.S. officials at the port of entry and local/state health departments, if requested.

BA really need to sort out the confusing pages, and start offering flight specific links. I’m surprised at how tardy it is- most people aren’t Dibbers, will look on there and follow the link and think the £17.99 test does the job.
Old 5 Nov 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
So does the outbound test for USA have to be supervised. BA gives me the option for Chromatics, I put in the flight number and it just offers a Lateral Flow at £17.99. That will confuse a lot of people I imagine if that one isn’t accepted.
My understanding was that the test had to be supervised but I am a bit nervous as others have said it also needs to be administered by the third party? I am planning to use Wren Healthcare. I will be supervised and given a fit to fly certificate but it says on their website that I will administer the test myself. Is this ok?
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
My understanding was that the test had to be supervised but I am a bit nervous as others have said it also needs to be administered by the third party? I am planning to use Wren Healthcare. I will be supervised and given a fit to fly certificate but it says on their website that I will administer the test myself. Is this ok?
It only needs to be supervised.

There's really no difference to it then doing a test centre to sitting in your living room, as in both cases you are swabbing yourself anyway. Covid tests have only ever been self service, i've had LFT and PCR and no one has been involved doing it but me. All their role is, is to make sure you are doing the test properly, and not cheating it in anyway, i've not yet seen a certificate for fit to fly but i think it will highlight if it was supervised or not.

Edited at 11:34 AM.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
I have had several administered eg 4 in a couple of hospitals and and others at centres in London . They do a much better job that I do on myself - I am not concerned at all about either the compost across the road from me on my 2 day or at LHR on my fit to fly doing them - in fact I would proffer they do them so please don't let that put you off (rather reassure you )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

It's good to see the first test results coming in on the FB pages for people flying on Monday,all good news so far, fingers crossed for us all 🤞
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
jockdog
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
It only needs to be supervised.

There's really no difference to it then doing a test centre to sitting in your living room, as in both cases you are swabbing yourself anyway. Covid tests have only ever been self service, i've had LFT and PCR and no one has been involved doing it but me. All their role is, is to make sure you are doing the test properly, and not cheating it in anyway, i've not yet seen a certificate for fit to fly but i think it will highlight if it was supervised or not.
I don't think this is correct. As in, if you go to a test centre such as Express Test or Collinson, they take the swab for you.
jockdog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jockdog View Post
I don't think this is correct. As in, if you go to a test centre such as Express Test or Collinson, they take the swab for you.
Even the caravan test centre on Clapham Common you sick your head through the window and they swab you - never had to do it myself (ever) and I have had a fair few
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are going to Randox at EMA for ours and it's totally clear that they do it

From their web site verbatim "sample collected by trained collection officer"

Can't speak for the other 999 testing agencies though

The reason that so many Dibbers have asked for a sticky is that we stop incorrect information being posted

Mick

Edited at 11:46 AM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

I wonder if it’s because the outbound test requirement is determined by your destination country. That’s why there is a list for the return to the UK.
Could be but then how would the usa accept a test not knowing if its a legitimate company i.e tests accepted by our government?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List