Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Nov 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Same for us, got the email today and our trip is only 85 days away - there are 8 of us, two 14 yearsold and our DGD is 10.
Had booked the Dream for a three nighter sandwiched between Disney resort stays at AKL, the cruise definitely can't happen now 😞 and probably we'll lose out on those two Disney bookings as well 😟 - really can't see the CDC allowing UK visitors into the US.
We have 3 darling grand children who have (so far) looked forward to and lost trips in August, October, December/January 2020 then August and October 2021 and now our February 2022 trip is going to be a no go... I really don't know 🤷 how we're going to soften the blow when we tell them once again 😢😢😢
I'm so very sorry for everyone in this position 🤗
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
arial
Getting Excited

We are booked on the wish in August too, with what will be a 6 year old and 3 year old. I can’t see the 6 year old being vaccinated by then but not going to cancel until the rest of the money is due, in the hope that things might change before then. It’s such a rollercoaster!
Old 17 Nov 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Yep we are in the same boat as everyone else. Our eldest DS 12 just had his first jab, our second DD will be 10yrs but I doubt she will get a jab till next year. I've just emailed Dreams Unlimited to check cancellation policy and see what will happen.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeybell1210
Trying for More Ears

In the same boat (or sadly not) as a couple of the other posters on this thread.

We are booked with our kids who wont be vaccinated from the UK before we travel (in March) and have a the flights booked round this.

I wonder what the options will be now as it's a bit of a mess.

* An extra 3 days in Florida will be pricey (and if not cruising then I'd rather do something better than sit out 3 extra days in Florida (after being in Coronado for 14 days) costing me on food and accommodation)

* Change flights home to be earlier - who will pick up the tab for that --- knowing fine well who won't!

* Cancel altogether and rebook if the flight changes are difficult
mickeybell1210 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeybell1210 View Post
In the same boat (or sadly not) as a couple of the other posters on this thread.

We are booked with our kids who wont be vaccinated from the UK before we travel (in March) and have a the flights booked round this.

* An extra 3 days in Florida will be pricey (and if not cruising then I'd rather do something better than sit out 3 extra days in Florida (after being in Coronado for 14 days) costing me on food and accommodation)

* Change flights home to be earlier - who will pick up the tab for that --- knowing fine well who won't!

Could you add a 3 day beach stay?

We were wanting to do a cruise but decided not to as we have a single jabbed will be 13 year old by then. We are planning on going to the gulf coast for 3 days instead. Not quite the same I know.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Same for us, got the email today and our trip is only 85 days away - there are 8 of us, two 14 yearsold and our DGD is 10.
Had booked the Dream for a three nighter sandwiched between Disney resort stays at AKL, the cruise definitely can't happen now 😞 and probably we'll lose out on those two Disney bookings as well 😟 - really can't see the CDC allowing UK visitors into the US.
We have 3 darling grand children who have (so far) looked forward to and lost trips in August, October, December/January 2020 then August and October 2021 and now our February 2022 trip is going to be a no go... I really don't know 🤷 how we're going to soften the blow when we tell them once again 😢😢😢
I'm so very sorry for everyone in this position 🤗
You will still be able to take your grandkids to the US just not do a disney cruise. Entry requirements to the US are currently not changing.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
We were booked on the wish for august but cancelled when I realised it meant the kids having to do 6 covid tests over the holiday period. Sad but I guess we knew this was coming.
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeybell1210 View Post

It would be pretty easy to find accommodation and food for a small % of what you would have been spending on a Disney cruise.
Old 18 Nov 21, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So these rules will definitely be in place for the first part of next year but no one really knows about the 2nd part (I think I saw someone saying these were til June time). That said I think vaccinations and cruises will be a big thing going forward so it wouldn't surprise me if this ends up being the case unfortunately. I'm glad it doesn't effect me but I can completely understand why some people will be very upset by this turn of events. Unfortunately I think this is the way the industry is going. I feel that for the European season they will have less strict rules as they will go with what is happening in Europe and nowhere in Europe as yet are we vaccinating this young.
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
thedors
Excited about Disney

We are supposed to be going in April on the Fantasy, but have just contacted our American travel agent to say we are going to have to cancel. As my youngest is 15, so only has the 1 jab.
thedors is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List