Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 8 Jan 22, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Universal Seasonal annual passes

Hi,

We are going at Easter and planning on upgrading 14 day tickets last day in the parks as it’s blockout dates at Easter.
Then using them feb half term next year. Will this work ok before I book feb half term? We will just be doing the universal parks and volcano bay so could work out a cheapish holiday. Thanks

Actually, looking at blackout dates we could upgrade from the 16th April as we are there until the 22nd April.

Does anyone have any recent upgrade costs? Thanks

Edited at 10:05 AM.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

We did it the other day for our niece (we already had annual passes) and it was $90. I know it doesn’t affect you but interestingly, they now don’t allow you to upgrade to a two park even if you haven’t used the water park on the 14 day pass. The lady who served us double checked this as it used to be possible, which we knew anyway having done it pre covid.
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by teallach View Post
We did it the other day for our niece (we already had annual passes) and it was $90. I know it doesn’t affect you but interestingly, they now don’t allow you to upgrade to a two park even if you haven’t used the water park on the 14 day pass. The lady who served us double checked this as it used to be possible, which we knew anyway having done it pre covid.
Do you mind me asking what type of pass this was upgrading to please?

I'm looking to upgrade my 3 park 14 day ticket (unused) to a 2 park seasonal pass when I'm hopefully there next month.
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

It was a seasonal but as I said above, they won’t upgrade to a 2 park any more from a 3-park 14 day even if you haven’t used the water park. When we were able to do that a few years ago, we were given money back on the seasonal! We got my husband the preferred in order to get the discounts so the difference went towards that.
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

It was a seasonal but as I said above, they won’t upgrade to a 2 park any more from a 3-park 14 day even if you haven’t used the water park. When we were able to do that a few years ago, we were given money back on the seasonal! We got my husband the preferred in order to get the discounts so the difference went towards that.
Oh apologies I mis-read that above. So I'd have to upgrade to the 3 park seasonal. 4 tickets, $360. Still not bad really if it means we can go back again in August and use Volcano Bay
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

Just re-read another post when the OP was able to upgrade to a 2-park from a 14 day🤔 Just shows that it depends on the member of staff you get! The lady who served us was lovely and knew that it was possible before but checked with a manager who told her that was something that had changed but who knows🤷 Still a good deal either way!
Old 9 Jan 22, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Just re-read another post when the OP was able to upgrade to a 2-park from a 14 day🤔 Just shows that it depends on the member of staff you get! The lady who served us was lovely and knew that it was possible before but checked with a manager who told her that was something that had changed but who knows🤷 Still a good deal either way!
I'll go expecting a bill of $360 and any less is a bonus

Thanks