Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 20 Jan 22, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Returning to Universal

Thinking of returning to Universal after 12+ years. Main priority is Velicoaster, but I'd rather try both parks. Only setting aside 1 day - well ideally until dinner time.

Am I right in thinking, the $98pp ticket will get us into both parks on the same day, and if we add the $80 Express pass we can do everything we want to once?

Express (or something like it) is essential to just get everything done. Not been for a long long time, and not mega keen, but would like to get our money's worth if we go.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

I’d love to know where the $98 ticket is!?

Express pass fluctuates in price dependent upon the day. It can be up to $200 each.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Depending on how many are in your party, it can be much cheaper to book one night in one of the 3 premium Universal hotels, which include express passes for all guests for both check in and check out day.

This always works out much cheaper for us as there are 4 of us but might not be a saving if there are only 2 of you and you only need express passes for one day.

We usually go in October and find we need 2 days to get everything done, at a comfortable pace, in both parks with express passes.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Not sure where you've gotten $98 from unless it's a discount reseller, the cheapest Universal direct one day ticket is $109 and is only a single park. The cheapest park-to-park is $164. But they use date based pricing and late May / early June when you're going (by countdown) isn't the low season. The cheapest over that period is $129 for 1 park or $184 for 2 parks. For Express Passes, again these are date based. The cheapest for one use per ride is $80 for 1 park or $90 for 2 parks and happens to be valid on some of your dates so will go with that. Plus tax. So that would take you to about $220 for 1 park or $290 for 2 parks including tax.

There's parts of Universal I'd like to see as I haven't been in a LONG time but I can never make the maths work as I'm just not bothered enough to justify the price.

Velocicoaster is excluded from Express btw, as is Hagrids. Just thought I'd mention since this is one of the reasons you'd be going.

Edited at 09:04 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

no advice on the pass etc just to say the Velocicoaster is fab.. and although there is no express pass the queue does move quite fast also my kids managed to go on the single rider in the evening took about 20 mins
Old 20 Jan 22, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Whoah - got that wildly wrong, sorry. It's $98 per day with a 3 day minimum from what I can see...

Factor in Velicoaster not being included and that's probably Universal out for us.

I'll try again in another 12 years lol.

Thanks for the clarification on this.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Whoah - got that wildly wrong, sorry. It's $98 per day with a 3 day minimum from what I can see...

Factor in Velicoaster not being included and that's probably Universal out for us.

I'll try again in another 12 years lol.

Thanks for the clarification on this.
Ahh yes, they can really get you with the "per day" pricing. It's sometimes not until you get to checkout that you realise the true cost. Sneaky.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List