Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Jul 14, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

<Insert humorous title here> WDW Jan/Feb 2014: Day 13 - Sloppy Seconds with Cinderella!

Index

Disclaimer: Before I start I just want to warn you that today is pretty dull and there aren't many photos. I'll understand if you decide to wait for day 14!

Due to the predicted rain today, we decided to do some rejigging of the plan. Originally we’d planned to spend the evening at Epcot and have a stroll around the World Showcase, perhaps sampling a glass or two of Red Chardonnay (see day 6) and maybe get dinner with snack credits from Morocco, France and/or Norway…

Instead of doing that and getting soggy, we thought we’d be better off having a sit down meal inside. We had no table service credits spare but decided to cancel Liberty Tree Tavern last day lunch (for the second year running!) and book 1900 Park Fare again as we’d enjoyed it so much the night before.

Breakfast was to be at Artist’s Palette, which was busier than we’d seen it all week, I think a lot of people must’ve arrived the night before for the weekend - today was Saturday.

We got and shared with Isabella two Bounty Platter breakfasts consisting of Scrambled Eggs, Breakfast Potatoes, Bacon, Sausage, Biscuit, and a small Mickey-shaped Waffle.

As we finished breakfast the rain arrived. Fortunately today was to be a shopping day at Mall at Millenia so there would no getting wet for us.

We drove down to Crossroads to get on the I4 at Exit 68. Twenty or so minutes later we were at the mall. This is definitely our favourite. We love getting there before any of the locals and have a relaxing wander round. We had a look in Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle, Gap, Bloomingdales (for make up; I need a little help in the mornings - very funny Jo), The Walking Company (for Toms: they didn’t have any) and bought a few things - mostly some items in the sale in Abercrombie.

Isabella isn’t really a fan of shopping (yet) and after a couple of hours she’d had enough, so we popped to Johnny Rockets in the food court to get a couple of milkshakes and some chilli cheese fries. When we first started going to Orlando, Jo and I always used to go the Johnny Rockets at Pointe Orlando - back in the days when Pointe Orlando wasn’t just posh restaurants.

Jo had a chocolate milkshake and I had strawberry - they were delicious. Isabella had some milk and also shared our milkshakes - she’s big on sharing!

Milkshakes

Isabella likes chocolate milkshake...

So does mummy!

Those fries were goooooood

Our server was a young lad with the most amazing voice I’d ever heard. He sounded like one of those film trailer voice over actors.

After finishing of our milkshakes and fries we left the mall and popped to the Super Target just over the road. This was my first experience of Super Target - it is HUUUUUUUUGE! Much nicer than WalMart and cheaper than Publix - although Publix is still my favourite.

The reason for the visit was that we needed a new suitcase as the zip had broken on one of ours, and we also needed a foot pump to pump up the tyres on the pram.

Purchases made, we returned to the car and made the rather short drive back to the resort for Isabella’s naptime.

The maid - Catalina - left this for us

Due to the rain we were forced inside and sat at the table. Jo went off to do some washing and Isabella was awake when she came back. So we got ourselves ready and off we went to the Grand Floridian again. There were no parking mishaps today, we knew where we going.

Suggestions welcome!

We’d arrived a little early as we fancied getting a drink in one of the bars in the lobby. We checked in at 1900 Park Fare and then headed up to the first floor to Mizner’s Lounge which is behind the bandstand where the band had been playing the previous evening.

Jo had a glass of wine and I had a Samuel Adams which we took back downstairs and found a place to sit. It was nice relaxing in the lobby with a drink and we kept Isabella occupied with her Hudl, which fortunately we’d remembered to take, unlike on our visit to California Grill a couple of night’s before.

The wait to be seated in the restaurant wasn’t as long as yesterday but it was much busier and our seat was right by the door which was not a good location. We requested a high chair from the lady who seated us but she forgot about us and rather than just stand there like a lemon, I went off to get a high chair myself. Unfortunately this meant I missed Prince Charming (who was there instead of Anastasia tonight) coming over to see Isabella, and dancing with her, which I was pretty annoyed about. Jo said it was incredibly sweet though.

Isabella and Prince Charming post-dance

The actors were also different tonight; Cinderella was better than last night’s but Lady Tremaine and Drizella weren’t as good. Also, our server was terrible tonight, he kept forgetting to give us straws with our drinks and was really slow.

Isabella wasn't as scared of tonight's Lady Tremaine!

Having fun at the fare!

'Rella 'n Bella

Fortunately the food was just as good as before, but the overall experience wasn’t. This was a later sitting than last night, so I think we’ll go for the earlier sitting again and maybe not do two nights on the trot!

NEWSFLASH!
I’ve literally just remembered something that happened the previous night which I hadn’t mentioned in my voice memo or in yesterdays TR. Towards the end our meal at 1900 Park Fare a little girl on a table behind us threw up all over the seat and the floor and then the family appeared to just up and leave. I assume that they must’ve paid, but they didn’t bother letting the server know that their child had been sick. It was left to the people at the table next to them to get the server’s attention and get it cleaned up. Absolutely disgusting! How can you just leave that for someone to sort out without even telling the servers?

Anyway, back to today.

Fortunately there were no more vomiting incidents, and after a few attacks on the buffet it was time to go home. I think we waited for an age to get our bill from the server - that always annoys me in restaurants when you want to pay and leave and they just seem to ignore you. I think we gave the server the minimal tip and we were on our way home.

We got back and it was really late for Isabella, and let’s be honest us too, and we didn’t get to bed until about 10 o’clock.

And that’s that. Apologies for what was a slightly dull day - at least you’re only reading it...

Only one full day left now - coming soon to a British Disney holiday-related message board near you.

TFR

Edited at 02:03 PM.
Stewboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 14, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Happyhaunt1000
slightly serious Dibber

Don't you just hate writing up days like this for the TR!?!
Being there for 26 days we had our fair share of quieter days & I always dread writing about them.
Still... You pepped it up with the puke story from the previous day... And what can only be described as one of the oddest mother daughter pictures I've ever seen!
It's like they are part of some eastern European mother daughter acrobatic team! Brilliant.

Love me some JR.
Their milkshakes are to die for (we visit the one at P.Orlando later on in our TR.
Urggghhhh... Another character meal (you know my feelings about these from my comments on your last post) although the Seve Ballesteros lookalike was pretty cool!

Even with a slow day like this, you managed to stay up past 8:30, so extra brownie points award.

Thank you for allowing us all to get a glimpse into your lives by sharing this TR

#dibbunderthebedcrew #stalkersunited
Happyhaunt1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 14, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks for sharing x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 14, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JakesArmy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Some great pics thanks for sharing
JakesArmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 14, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
what a boring day! only kidding, I always like a pic of the ketchup at Johnny Rockets the one at Pointe is still there (it's now the only place we eat there).

How rude of the people from last night (well last night of the report) who left other people sort out the sick
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 14, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
I can't believe that family just upped and left! How rude! Even at uni when someone was drunk at the Christmas ball they apologised to the waiters etc (obv after going to the bathroom and falling asleep in a cubicle) aaaanyhow massive uni digression there haha!

Love the photo of Jo and Isabella - very funny. The pics from dinner are fab as well - especially prince charming, he's a rare one!

Looking forward to (and equally sad about) the last day coming. Thanks for sharing!

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 14, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Jo just suggested a much funnier title for this TR which I'm now using. Apologies to those that commented on the "dull" one...
Old 6 Jul 14, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Happyhaunt1000 View Post
Don't you just hate writing up days like this for the TR!?!
Being there for 26 days we had our fair share of quieter days & I always dread writing about them.
Still... You pepped it up with the puke story from the previous day... And what can only be described as one of the oddest mother daughter pictures I've ever seen!
It's like they are part of some eastern European mother daughter acrobatic team! Brilliant.

Love me some JR.
Their milkshakes are to die for (we visit the one at P.Orlando later on in our TR.
Urggghhhh... Another character meal (you know my feelings about these from my comments on your last post) although the Seve Ballesteros lookalike was pretty cool!

Even with a slow day like this, you managed to stay up past 8:30, so extra brownie points award.

Thank you for allowing us all to get a glimpse into your lives by sharing this TR

#dibbunderthebedcrew #stalkersunited
First response again. I'm impressed and honoured.

Yep, not sure how I forgot the aftermath of yesterday's vomit comet!

I think that photo was a combination of Jo demonstrating her strength and Isabella not wanting to wake up. Another one for the album!

You're right, Prince Charming was a bit of a Seve lookalike!

I was actually a bit disappointed when I realised JRs was a chain and not just a cool 50s retro place at PO. I also used to like being able to put money into the little jukeboxes and chose the music, they seem to have stopped that now which is a shame.

It was almost the end of the holiday so we decided to stay up late in order to prolong it...!

Thanks for reading as always.

See you in the wardrobe

Originally Posted by beck_loz View Post
Thanks for sharing x
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by JakesArmy View Post
Some great pics thanks for sharing
Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Yorkie Girl View Post
what a boring day! only kidding, I always like a pic of the ketchup at Johnny Rockets the one at Pointe is still there (it's now the only place we eat there).

How rude of the people from last night (well last night of the report) who left other people sort out the sick
Glad to hear the JRs at PO is still there. Might have to try it out again...

Unbelievable isn't it? You don't expect that at Disney.

Glad you enjoyed my "boring" day...

TFR

Originally Posted by Bobsledwheels View Post
I can't believe that family just upped and left! How rude! Even at uni when someone was drunk at the Christmas ball they apologised to the waiters etc (obv after going to the bathroom and falling asleep in a cubicle) aaaanyhow massive uni digression there haha!

Love the photo of Jo and Isabella - very funny. The pics from dinner are fab as well - especially prince charming, he's a rare one!

Looking forward to (and equally sad about) the last day coming. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Diane, it was pretty shocking how they left like that. Glad you liked the photos.

Thanks for reading and commenting
Old 7 Jul 14, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Based on todays title I had not idea what I was about to read!

Really fancy a milkshake now, must remember to add this place to the ever increasing list of somewhere we must try on the next visit, or even the one after.

Were you shopping for some revealling T shirts again, your female followers and indeed the censor's will be on nipple watch from now on.

When your child is sick in a public place it does invoke the fight or flight reaction, personally I'd finish my food first

Thanks for sharing

Mike

#dibbafterdarkbutnotafter10O'clock
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the disclaimer, I've decided to give this one a miss...

Edited at 01:38 PM.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List