Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Apr 19, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

5 Night Bahamian Cruise with Double Castaway Cay

Have booked the above from the end of June - our first ever cruise and seeking a little advice please.

We can check-in at any time so is there an advantage to checking in early i.e. do you get onboard to do things early or just hang around onshore longer?

Accepting the higher cost, is the most convenient Port Canaveral parking the official one rather than offsite alternatives and do we have to book it in advance?

We have two consecutive days at Castaway Cay. Does the ship stay moored there overnight and what’s people’s view on spending two days there? Also is there a 5k run every day?

Accepting he won’t be drinking, is our 20 year old allowed into all the adult areas of the ship such as nightclubs?

Any help on one or more of the above appreciated thanks and any other advice about this particular cruise as we really don’t know what to expect but have finally taken the plunge and booked one.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I'm guessing you've booked concierge because if it's your first cruise, you wouldn't have an 'any time' port arrival time (PAT).
I'll leave answering your first question until I know if that's right or not ok.

For convenience, the on site Port Canaveral parking is definitely up there. No need to book in advance.

The ship moves away from CC and sails in circles overnight - you do not moor overnight at CC I'm afraid. The 5k fun run will only be on one of the days - it's VERY hot and not to be taken seriously as there's way too many walkers/chatters for you to run it properly (if that was your plan).

Your 20 yr old can go into all of the adult only sections yes. There is a also an 18-20 Society that he may wish to join. They do fun stuff around the ship and also just get together for chats.

Have you read the sticky thread at the top for DCL?
If you've got any more questions, just shout.

Joa
Old 2 May 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the info Bats. I had read your very informative posts up above thank you.

We’re not Concierge but when I initially tried to check in I was offered all the different 15 minute slots. I abandoned checking in when I remembered my wife’s passport was being renewed but it’s arrived now so will do that soon.

I definitely won’t be taking the ‘run’ seriously but am accompanying my son - a 3 time marathon runner - at his request who also won’t be able to, with me and my 17 stone frame in tow!
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
Thanks for the info Bats. I had read your very informative posts up above thank you.

We’re not Concierge but when I initially tried to check in I was offered all the different 15 minute slots. I abandoned checking in when I remembered my wife’s passport was being renewed but it’s arrived now so will do that soon.

I definitely won’t be taking the ‘run’ seriously but am accompanying my son - a 3 time marathon runner - at his request who also won’t be able to, with me and my 17 stone frame in tow!
Ah ok, it’s not a checking in time, it’s a port arrival time that you choose, or will be choosing.
Don’t arrive before your PAT because the terminal can get crazy busy and they out the different PATs in place to stop the crush.

Joa