Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 1 May 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Disabled parking for non-driver

Hello all - we are taking a friend with us next year who is disabled (not able to walk far), but who doesn't drive. It would be greatly helpful to be able to park using a placard in the disabled parking areas of the parks, but without her having a blue badge for the UK, I am not sure whether we are able to obtain the placard.

Any ideas anyone?
Old 2 May 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

You need to have a blue badge to get a temporary permit for Florida. If she doesn't have one you won't be able to get one x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Young Pooh
Apprentice Imagineer

You don't have to drive to be entitled to a Blue Badge in the UK. Your friend could apply for a Blue Badge, which she can use if she goes out with another driver anywhere. She would then be able to apply for a temporary permit for Florida.

Young Pooh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Baggie Bird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Young Pooh View Post
You don't have to drive to be entitled to a Blue Badge in the UK. Your friend could apply for a Blue Badge, which she can use if she goes out with another driver anywhere. She would then be able to apply for a temporary permit for Florida.
My mom can't drive but she has a Blue Badge which me and my sister use when we take her out.

As said above, your friend could apply for a Blue Badge and then when she goes out with other people who have a car they can use it.

1999 Villa Davenport Lakes, 2001 Villa Windsor Palms
2003 with friends in LBV 2005/2006, 2007 Villa Southern Dunes, 2008 Villa Greater Groves, 2009 Bally's Vegas Villa - Hampton Lakes, 2010 Blue Heron Beach Resort, 2011 Dibb Townhouse Regal Palms 2015 Heron Villa High Grove
Baggie Bird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Baggie Bird View Post
My mom can't drive but she has a Blue Badge which me and my sister use when we take her out.

As said above, your friend could apply for a Blue Badge and then when she goes out with other people who have a car they can use it.
Same here I have a blue badge but can't drive. I would get them to apply for one as it will make things easier. Another option would be you drop her at the guest drop off and then go park but this adds time to the day.
Old 3 May 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have wheelchair but no disabled badge but tell them at the kiosk and they send you to Medical overflow.

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List