Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 2 May 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
May 2019 Itinerary / Port Orleans Riverside!

Hi all!

This is my first time writing up my itinerary for my trip and writing it all up makes it all feel so real now! This my second trip staying on Disney World property but this is the first time my boyfriend will ever be staying at Disney World and first time he's every been to the United States so hopefully what I've planned will live up to his hopes!

We are staying 10 nights at Port Orleans Riverside, we were originally at Coronado Springs but the construction put us off so we paid an extra £50 each to move to Port Orleans. I've never stayed here before but I've always wanted too. When I went last year I stayed at Beach Club so I'm excited to try out a moderate resort! I'm planning on making a Walmart grocery order a couple days before we fly so that we have food and supplies in the room.

The plan so far is as follows;

Day 1: Traveling to Gatwick Airport around 3pm and staying at Premier Inn Gatwick North Terminal overnight.

Day 2: Have breakfast at the hotel around 6.30/7am before heading to the airport to drop luggage off then relaxing and doing a spot of shopping before boarding our British Airways flight at 11.15am.

Should hopefully be landing at MCO at 3.35pm and fingers crossed should get to the hotel around 5/6pm, we'll grab some food at the hotel if we're hungry and then try and have an early night.

Day 3: This out first full park day! We're planning on going to Magic Kingdom and have fastpasses booked for the 3 mountains as well as a breakfast at Be Our Guest. We've got dinner booked at Skipper Canteen this day.

Day 4: This is Epcot day. We're planning on having a breakfast in our hotel room with food we've ordered. We've got fastpasses for Test Track, Turtle Talk and Spaceship Earth and a late lunch booked at Teppan Edo. After lunch we're planning on riding Frozen and enjoying Food and Wine Festival.

Day 5: This could be risky as it'll be the weekend but we're planning on going to Typhoon Lagoon, this all depends on weather but we can shuffle things around if the weather is bad. We've got a dinner booked at Rainforest Cafe but I'm trying to get a reservation at Homecomin' instead. We're planning on maybe playing some mini golf afterwards before heading to Disney Springs

Day 6: This day we're travelling off site and going to Discovery Cove! I went here some years back and have been itching to go back. So far tickets haven't sold out so I'm hoping it'll be a relatively quiet day out but I'm looking forward to just spending the day in water!

Day 7: This is our first free day. We're planning on going shopping at the outlets until about lunch time, we're not hiring a car so we're going to use Lyft and Uber to get around. After we're finished we want to spend some time at our hotel relaxing by the pool. We've then planned a date night at The Yachtsman.

Day 8: This is the day I'm most looking forward too. We're going to Animal Kingdom! We've got fastpasses for Flight of Passage, Kilimanjaro Safari and Dinosaur. I'm not a fan of EE so my boyfriend is going to single rider that one. We've then got a dinner booked at Yak and Yeti.

Day 9: This is another waterpark day. We're either going to go to Blizzard Beach or Aquatica but we haven't decided yet. We've got a dinner booked at House of Blues. I'm not so fussed about this restaurant but I know my boyfriend really wants to go.

Day 10: We're going to Hollywood Studios this day. We've got fastpasses for Midway Mania, Star Tours and a fastpass for my boyfriend for Tower of Terror. We're going to try and use my disability pass to get on Slinky Dog Dash before heading for a late lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In. We then plan on heading back to the hotel around 3.30pm to have some time in the pool.

Day 11: This is another shopping day. We're planning on going to the Florida Mall for the morning/early afternoon and then we're planning on exploring our resort for a little bit or maybe having an afternoon nap! We have a dinner booked at Storybook Dining.

Day 12: This is the day we go home we have a brunch booked at Cafe Mickey as my boyfriend really wants to do a buffet and liked the look of this one from TimTrackers vlog. We don't want to go into a park for breakfast so we thought this one was the best bet.I have booked a fast pass for Tomorrowland Speedway as its re-opening and then maybe we'll ride some other rides after before heading back to the hotel to catch the magical express.

Hopefully I've made a good plan! This trip has been a year in the making now and I'm really hoping my boyfriend falls in love with Disney as much as I have. We don't want it to be too full on as we have a long time until our next trip!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023

Edited at 10:38 AM.
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
This seems too sparse and not enough parks for me personally. I feel I need 2 days to cover most parks. I wouldn’t spend 2 days shopping but I know for others it’s a must. I’ll be squeezing parks in post water parks as well. It does seem lovely and relaxed.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Looks a lovely relaxed holiday. Are you planning to do any of the evening shows?
Ivegottadream is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
Looks a lovely relaxed holiday. Are you planning to do any of the evening shows?
I've done Rivers of Light before and wasn't a fan so don't think we'll be doing that one, I'm not a fan of fireworks (due to a hearing issue) so we aren't planning on watching any of those either! So I don't think we'll be doing any of the evening shows.

I was at Disney in December and found I was really tired after dinner so didn't want to stay out late and with it being so much hotter out there now than it was in December I'm hoping most of our evenings can be spent appreciating our resort or spending time at the pool/mini golf!

meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
This seems too sparse and not enough parks for me personally. I feel I need 2 days to cover most parks. I wouldn’t spend 2 days shopping but I know for others it’s a must. I’ll be squeezing parks in post water parks as well. It does seem lovely and relaxed.
When I was there in December 2019 we did 2 days to a park but didn't feel it was necessary for us, we would just end up going back to the hotel instead or swap the day and go shopping. For me shopping is a must in America! We're only planning on spending the morning and early afternoon shopping and then maybe going and playing some mini golf or exploring our resort/Disney springs in the evenings.

I've found in the past Epcot and Hollywood Studios can be done in a day as there aren't many rides there. Magic Kingdom may need 2 days and so we decided we would go back there on our last day after brunch at Chef Mickeys and then Animal Kingdom I have done in 1 day, the only reason I would do it again is for FoP/Pandora.

Old 8 May 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzymum23
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi meegraine, your trip looks exciting especially all the yummy meals you have booked. I'm guessing you haven't got free dining on this trip or did u upgrade to table service. I have booked teppen edo, sci fi, bog, raglan road & beaches and cream for our upcoming trip but haven't gone too crazy because we have only free breakfast so will have to pay out of pocket for most of them xx
dizzymum23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
When we booked last year we had the QSDP but decided we would upgrade to the DDP as it was only an extra £300 so we've got 1 TS credit a day and 1 QS credit a day

Old 8 May 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymum23
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
When we booked last year we had the QSDP but decided we would upgrade to the DDP as it was only an extra £300 so we've got 1 TS credit a day and 1 QS credit a day
Maybe once you come back from this trip, you will have a better idea of what you want from your 2020 trip - longer amount of time but maybe offsite or onsite with free breakfast or shorter time there with qsdp or ts it's such an amazing holiday with soooo many options. If I could do it again I would have bought into dvc years ago. Hope you have a wonderful time at port Orleans, we stayed there for our honeymoon 25 years ago
dizzymum23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List