Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 30 May 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I've been tempted by those P&O cruises before but we've not been able to go for that long! The itineraries are absolutley fantastic and the prices are great considering it includes flights. Jealous!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
How exciting, I love booking a new cruise
Old 30 May 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I've been tempted by those P&O cruises before but we've not been able to go for that long! The itineraries are absolutley fantastic and the prices are great considering it includes flights. Jealous!
Thanks, this one was perfect for us as my work are getting a bit funny about taking more than 2 weeks off at a time, and this one is Sat - Sunday so no need to beg my boss for a couple of extra days

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
How exciting, I love booking a new cruise
So exciting! Problem is I am now looking at what we will do for our second 2020 holiday as me and my OH have split holiday years we work in 6 month 'chunks'. So latter 2020 needs filling now

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Thanks, this one was perfect for us as my work are getting a bit funny about taking more than 2 weeks off at a time, and this one is Sat - Sunday so no need to beg my boss for a couple of extra days

So exciting! Problem is I am now looking at what we will do for our second 2020 holiday as me and my OH have split holiday years we work in 6 month 'chunks'. So latter 2020 needs filling now
Cheeky second cruise lol! Did you look at the RCI cruises on Allure and Oasis? They often have better itineraries than Harmony and Symphony. And I know that because I have exactly the same ship/itinerary dilemmas that you have!

I'd be well booked onto one by now except apparantley we have to be grown up and buy a house instead of going on loads of holidays 😭
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Cheeky second cruise lol! Did you look at the RCI cruises on Allure and Oasis? They often have better itineraries than Harmony and Symphony. And I know that because I have exactly the same ship/itinerary dilemmas that you have!

I'd be well booked onto one by now except apparantley we have to be grown up and buy a house instead of going on loads of holidays 😭
Yeah we had a look at all the 'big boats' as I call them (I'm sure they are called a specific class of ship - it's the ones they have built since 2009 that are 1-9 on their size order). Seen a few cruises in Japan and Vietnam that look interesting on one of them. I think we will do a non-cruise for that one as we plan to either go Galapagos or Alaska for my 30th in July 2021, both of which are cruises

Might just do a little US roadtrip for 2 weeks or something. Or last minute to Florida / New York.

Ps, we are meant to be moving house (upgrading!) - so need to save up as much as I can for holidays now as with the bigger mortgage payments when we move it will take us longer to save

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

Exciting isn’t it 🙂 We’ve booked an MSC cruise from Miami in November - it’s our first cruise and first trip away without our son (we did give him the choice) -from what people say cruising is addictive and since I’m addicted to booking holidays (which always seem to be to Florida) I think I may need help 😀
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
So we spent hours last night looking at RCI and NCI cruises around the Caribbean and no matter how much we looked there just wasn't anything that had all the stops we liked, on a boat we liked (that wasn't old and small). The ships I really wanted to go on, either Symphony or Harmony of the seas do 7 night Caribbean from Canaveral / Fort Lauderdale but only go to 3 stops and all the rest are sea days! Gutted as I really wanted to go on one of their megaships, one day!

Then OH found a cruise on the Britannia that ticked all the boxes and more, goes to some fantastic ports. So we booked it We went to the Fjords on P&O Ventura earlier this month and really enjoyed it, so looking forward to the Britannia as it's newer and bigger

It goes from Barbados and is 15 nights (16 including flights), so we won't be making a cheeky visit to Orlando but it just wasn't going to work with trying to include that, too.

Fly from the UK
1 Bridgetown, Barbados
2 Bridgetown, Barbados
3 At Sea
4 Kralendijk, Bonaire
5 Aruba
6 At Sea
7 Kingstown, St. Vincent
8 St. George's, Grenada AM PM
9 Castries, St. Lucia
10 At Sea
11 Philipsburg, St. Maarten
12 Basseterre, St. Kitts
13 St. John's, Antigua
14 At Sea
15 Bridgetown, Barbados
16 Fly back to the UK
Love Caribbean cruises (we’ve done about 16 I think)- it’s the perfect location, no big industrial ports. Never done a P&O cruise but I like the idea of starting in Barbados as cuts down on sea days to and from Florida. We’ll keep an eye out for a last minute bargain next year, they usually have them for about £999pp. Enjoy!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List