Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 3 Jun 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
clyde106
Earning More Ears

2-Week UOR Onsite Stay

Hi all!

The boyfriend and myself will be staying in Aventura for 2 weeks from 28th August-11th September. As we're onsite at UOR, this is more of a Uni-orientated itinerary.

With Galaxy's Edge opening whilst we're over there, we've chosen to avoid HS until the end of our trip. We aren't star-wars fans so we aren't too bothered about visiting GE. I've also avoided WDW all-together around the opening of GE with the exception of a MK day (I just cant stay away that long).

I've been going over to Orlando since I was a kid, I've pretty much grown up in these parks and now I'm having my own holidays there as an adult. However, this is his first time in the US. I don't think he quite knows what he's got himself in for. I usually like to plan just the parks we will be at and a couple of ADR's, I've found that if I over-plan it's basically time wasted as I often don't stick to it.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Day 1 - Travel Day
Landing at 16:30 local time at MCO. Planning to be at the hotel around 18:30-19:30, though I've queued for 3 hours at MCO immigration so who knows. Will probably head over to CityWalk for some food and then off to bed.

Day 2 - IOA
We don't have express and will be getting there super early to ride the new Hagrid ride.

Day 3 - US

Day 4 - MK
Get there before rope-drop and get some lunch from main street. Head over to space mountain first. FP+ for 7DMT, Peter Pan's Flight and either haunted mansion, splash or BTMRR. Leaving around 3 or 4pm.

Day 5 - VB
Getting there for EPA, hoping to have ridden everything in time for the inevitable afternoon thunderstorms. Will then go back to the room and get ready for dinner in CityWalk. Might head over to one of the universal parks that night.

Day 6 - EPCOT
Breakfast at Garden Grill at 10. Will probably get there at rope-drop and try to get on Soarin' before our reservation. FP+ for TT. Leaving in the afternoon.

Day 7 - AK
This has 2 possibilities depending on if we can get FP+ for FoP (unlikely as we're staying off-site).
1) FoP FP+: Entering at rope-drop and heading straight to dinosaur, then to primeval whirl. Other FP+ for Everest and Kilimanjaro.
2) No FoP FP+: getting there around half an hour before rope drop, maybe earlier. Straight to FoP then to Na'vi. Other FP+ for either Everest or Kilimanjaro if we can.

Day 8 - Chill Day
Relaxing by the pool. Might head to VB to sit at the beach. Dinner in CityWalk and possibly a Universal park at night if we feel like it.

Day 9 - IOA/MK
IOA during the morning/afternoon before an afternoon nap, then over to MK for the fireworks. We have a reservation for Be Our Guest at 18:00. I'll squeeze in a few FP+ reservations before the fireworks.

Day 10 - HHN
Lie-in in the morning and relaxing by the pool. Heading over to US for stay and scream before HHN.

Day 11 - AK
Another day in my favourite park. Probably won't be arriving for rope-drop given we'll be at HHN the night before. Then dinner and night in DS.

Day 12 - HS
Finally heading over to HS after staying away for almost 2 weeks. The plan is to get there an hour-45 mins before rope drop to launch an attack and be in and out, just walking through SW:GE. Last time I went, I had done ToT, RnRC, Toy Story Mania and Star Tours in under 1.5 hours (though, admittedly that was before Toy Story Land opened).

Day 13 - MK
Breakfast at Ohana at 8:10. Just a leisurely final day here.

Day 14 - Travel

I know that I've only factored in 1 relaxation day but this really doesn't bother me. If need be, we'll have a morning/afternoon off and stay in the hotel.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts
clyde106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Looks fine, I don’t think two adults need rest days, we are mid to late 40s and don’t plan them yet anyway! I thought you said it was Universal orientated, looks far more WDW orientated to me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
clyde106
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Looks fine, I don’t think two adults need rest days, we are mid to late 40s and don’t plan them yet anyway! I thought you said it was Universal orientated, looks far more WDW orientated to me.
Thanks Claudette! I looked over it as I posted it and realised how Disney orientated it is. I can’t stay away.
clyde106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List