Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Jun 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Thou Shalt Not Cram May 2019 Day 8 EPCOT

Welcome back readers and thank you for sticking with us!

Today I had another lie in (promise we are not this lazy at home!) and I woke up at 9.30am from the deepest sleep ever. We decided to break from "tradition" by going to Dennys again for breakfast. It might sound like our food choices are a bit repetitive, I guess they are but sometimes it was easier to go somewhere that we knew did vegan options. Also we had a craving for more Dennys sweet ice tea!

Today was busier than last time as it was Sunday morning Memorial Day weekend but we got seated and served quickly. We had exactly the same as last time - American Breakfast for Jono and veggi skillet for me with no eggs or butter and a toasted English muffin. It was really nice again mine was different this time with lots of mushrooms and a different type of potato. I was slightly suspicious as the dish had a weird foam on it so I'm not certain that it was dairy free although I couldn't taste any butter. For some reason it was cheaper than last time though at $33 inc tip!

Jono just wanting to tuck in without waiting for a picture

We then went to the pool for a few hours with our books. Part of me wondered if we were wasting the day but there was no point rushing to the park as we were staying for fireworks tonight and didn't really intend on going on any rides. About 2pm we got ready, grabbed coffee for me beer for Jono and got an uber to EPCOT. Traffic was really bad today but our driver knew a route that was much quieter.

I will confess to feeling a bit hot and bothered today maybe even a tad grumpy! It was a really hot day, the park was busy and I was probably dehydrated looking back now I think what an idiot you have nothing to be grumpy about on holiday. In view of my little mood we decided to grumpy photos then happy photos

We walked to Test Track but there was clearly something wrong as the stand by showed no wait time and FP queue was about a mile long. I think it was broken but we aren't the biggest fans anyway. Jono doesn't like Mission Space as it is too claustrophobic for him so we skipped that as well and wandered round taking photos.

I saw that they are replacing Ellen with a Guardians of the Galaxy ride I'm sure that will be really good as much as I do miss Ellen!

We went round World Showcase but the opposite way to our usual route starting at Mexico. We couldn't resist another Impossible meatball wrap from the vegan food stall on the way. I also bought a very cute giraffe plant pot from one of the special Flower festival stands. It was $18 without a plant (I wasn't sure whether that would be allowed back!). We went to the Viking God museum/hut which I never even knew you could go into!

It was really baking hot today, we got some more cold drinks and wandered round trying to take in any details that we might have missed last time and soaking up the atmosphere.

I love this little totem!

We decided to go to Beaches & Cream for icecream as I knew they did dairy free options although we were torn between that or another amazing sorbet from France! We walked over to the walkway after France which seemed different to our last trip but I don't know why. Boardwalk is such a nice area, the beach front part was deserted but the pool area was heaving.

As we got closer to Beaches & Cream there were lots of screaming kids (and in some cases parents!) which honestly put me off staying there especially with all the non residents such as us who were around for the bars/places to eat. Anyway it was a 30min wait for a table which we expected and we were happy with takeaway anyway.

We both ordered the No Way Jose made vegan. They do two types of dairy free ice cream - mine was coconut based, it was nice but a bit icey more like sorbet and Jono got the tofu based one which was incredible! So creamy and rich, the best non dairy ice cream we have had. We couldn't finish them and probably should have shared one between two but wheres the fun in that!? Ahh I'd kill for one of these again now!

We sat on benches outside to eat them as they melted really quickly. It was a bit too busy around here for us so once we had enough we headed back to EPCOT, through bag check again. We were very full now! We finished our loop of the "world" ending at Canada.

It was then time for Spaceship Earth I do like this ride and today the photos were working for us! Although Jono refused to smile.

It was then time for our Soarin FP, it took us a bit of time to get on but the standby was 65 mins so we expected that. We both love this ride so much and we noticed more details this time such as the smell over Fiji (or is it Hawaii I wasn't sure to be honest). The kids next to us pointed out a hidden mickey in the hot air balloons as well.

It was now 7pm, too early to get a spot for the fireworks although it seemed like lots of people already were. We were craving something savoury after all the sugar so we did another lap of World Showcase but going our usual direction starting at Canada (does anyone else have a direction they prefer?) I got some vegetable sushi from Japan and then we walked to Liberty Tavern where Jono got the vegan burger (the bun isn't actually vegan you are supposed to have it with a lettuce bun but Jono wasn't bothered). We sat inside to eat together and the food was really nice.

We then wanted something sweet again haha calories don't count when you are on holiday though. There wasn't really anything I could have so I got a caramel ice coffee with almond milk from Joffreys. Jono got one of those massive doughnuts and I must confess to feeling VERY jealous as he said it was really nice and doughnuts are my favourite.

We sat in Italy to finish them off. Personally I think this area needs a lot more shade but the sun was starting to set by now and it was SUCH a pretty sunset! I am one of those people that gets really over excited when the sky changes colour.

We went back to Mexico as we really liked this pavilion. We took a silly video of us playing the instruments in the shop and a woman walks past us pulling a face at us weirdos haha, this just made us laugh even more! We couldn't resist a tiny sombreo for the dog.

Here she is showing it off

It was now about 8.30pm so we walked back to the front area and looked for a place to watch Illumiations. We didn't want to get involved in a crush at the front again. Initially we thought about the elevated area near Gardeners Terrace but it was too far away for me. We moved closer to the front and ended up near the front fence but at the back of the crowd. We were happy with this, you do need a view of the lake for Illuminations. I must admit this is my least favourite evening show not that we don't like it just that we prefer the others. The fireworks are good but the parts on the water just don't have the same impact for me.

We headed out and it wasn't too busy, we got an uber in 2 minutes and we were quickly in bed. Another great day and by not trying to do too much at the park we hadn't let the heat or crowds bother us.

Total Spends $181

Edited at 09:27 PM.
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Great day. We always start world showcase at the Mexico pavillion and go that way round.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Great day..I love the music from Illuminations
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

Joan
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Love days just wandering around World Showcase, although you are so right about the lack of shade.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
fab report x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List