Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Jun 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JulieB01
VIP Dibber

JulieB01's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lounges at Manchester Airport

Hi

Have never used these before but thinking of booking for our trips in September and December.

There seem to be 2 Escape Lounge and Aspire lounge, any feedback on which is best?

thanks
Julie

Welcome to our own Home From Home

4 bed/3 bath Golf Course Villa with Pool and Games Room

Updated carpets and kitchen appliances in 2021

Edited at 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling
JulieB01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

We've used both and liked them both, but I think that the Aspire was better food, plus we could watch the planes. We like the lounges as we go during the school holidays and finding somewhere to sit in the main area for 6 people is
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
andyb1126
Serious Dibber

I would also be interested in any other feedback on these. Considering booking it for our trip in August, though I think only Escape is available in T1.
andyb1126 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

We used the Escape lounge in T2 last year and the food was excellent, much improved from our previous visit. I am just looking to book for next week and have got an extra 15% off by registering my email with Holiday Extras so definitely worth looking at. I usually get free access with DH but travelling without him next week.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Really disappointed with the escape lounges at Manchester now. Price has really increased and the food... great if you pies. Check out the reviews on Tripadvisor
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry but have to say Trip Advisor reviews put us off booking for Sept. Overall ratings are really poor.
Old 22 Jun 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy Helen
Excited about Disney

Used escape at Easter very disappointed to be honest. Seems to have gone downhill and food choices etc not as good.
We have it booked for the summer (booked last year) as couldn’t get Aspire to try that again. Hope it’s improved since April. Though we are thinking of cancelling but it’s quieter than the terminal... 🤷
Fairy Helen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gally1968 View Post
Sorry but have to say Trip Advisor reviews put us off booking for Sept. Overall ratings are really poor.
Its just not worth the cost now. We are only going in December because I complained and got a huge discount
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

We have always booked the lounges,for a good number of years now,but after using the 1903 lounge the other week in terminal 3,it confirmed it for us,that they have really gone downhill & are just not value for money anymore.
Our holiday in sept,is the first one in a long time,without a lounge.i have started a money tin,especially for extra spends at the airport,so won’t feel I’m missing out.
It’ll be interesting to see if we miss,not booking one.
Tracy x
Old 23 Jun 19, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
We have always booked the lounges,for a good number of years now,but after using the 1903 lounge the other week in terminal 3,it confirmed it for us,that they have really gone downhill & are just not value for money anymore.
Our holiday in sept,is the first one in a long time,without a lounge.i have started a money tin,especially for extra spends at the airport,so won’t feel I’m missing out.
It’ll be interesting to see if we miss,not booking one.
Tracy x
Terminal 3 is a horrible terminal, not much to do in there and choices are limited. The food did look quite nice though in the pub that they have in there.
There is also a smaller bar just around the corner that not many know about. It's quieter.